• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it was. I know there were some early 80s Finals that were on tape delay.

Though I think they still played day games on Sunday in the Finals so only the night games were delayed.

I'm gonna vomit when the Warriors win again. Really getting tired of those mutha fuckas.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You know your team better than I do. From what I've seen, he always seems to make plays. But I haven't really paid attention to his defense.

I think the role he's probably most suited for is a 3rd PG off the bench. He's a guy you want to put in there as a spark plug for the offense, but I don't really trust him with giving him 18 minutes a game in a backup role. Livingston is probably gone next year and I'd much rather they upgrade the position, if it's possible. Worst case though is that I wouldn't necessarily mind if Cook was back as the primary backup. Just wouldn't prefer it.

Defensively, I kind of would alter my statement a bit. He's not bad, but definitely below average. He just doesn't have the size or strength to play the Warriors switching style of defense. So he gets caught up in screens a lot and he also is susceptible to the blow-bys on drives. There's a big difference in a defensive switch coming from Klay-Livingston and Klay-Cook.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the role he's probably most suited for is a 3rd PG off the bench. He's a guy you want to put in there as a spark plug for the offense, but I don't really trust him with giving him 18 minutes a game in a backup role. Livingston is probably gone next year and I'd much rather they upgrade the position, if it's possible. Worst case though is that I wouldn't necessarily mind if Cook was back as the primary backup. Just wouldn't prefer it.

Defensively, I kind of would alter my statement a bit. He's not bad, but definitely below average. He just doesn't have the size or strength to play the Warriors switching style of defense. So he gets caught up in screens a lot and he also is susceptible to the blow-bys on drives. There's a big difference in a defensive switch coming from Klay-Livingston and Klay-Cook.

I love Cook. Yeah, it would be nice to have a player with more size as the backup PG, but there will always be a place for someone who can knock down over 40% of his three point attempts.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing with Vanvleet. I think he is even smaller than Quinn Cook, but there will always be a place for someone like Vanvleet who can knock down over 80% of his three point attempts.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing with Vanvleet. I think he is even smaller than Quinn Cook, but there will always be a place for someone like Vanvleet who can knock down over 80% of his three point attempts.
And who apparently can lock down Curry on defense

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VanVleet is a much better individual defender. He's much stronger and he's more active on the ball. There's a difference in the way those guys operate defensively.

And I did say there is a place for Cook, but I think it should be more limited in scope.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna vomit when the Warriors win again. Really getting tired of those mutha fuckas.
I guess in a sense Cavs' fans cannot lose. Better for the legacy if GS wins again, but if they lose I cannot imagine that upsets any of us.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors inability in the 4th last night to take the game was shocking. That game was delivered to them on a silver platter.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in a sense Cavs' fans cannot lose. Better for the legacy if GS wins again, but if they lose I cannot imagine that upsets any of us.

Actually no one really gives a crap about Cavs fans one way or the other...or even Cleveland in general for that matter.

:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no one really gives a crap about Cavs fans one way or the other...or even Cleveland in general for that matter.

:dhd:

Hey stop maing fun of Cleveland! Because the city doesn't smell that bad anymore & the Cuyahoga River hasn't caught on fire in decades.

But if you ever visit Cleveland (say to go to the Rock & Roll HOF) never drink directly outta Lake Erie. It'll fuck your head up. Just look what it's done to wiggy.

One more gem about Cleveland. Mentioned it before but it's still funny as hell. Former Mayor Ralph Perk turned a dinner invite to the White House (TickyDick was the Prez) because it was his wifes bowling night. And he caught his hair on fire w/ a welding torch during a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop maing fun of Cleveland! Because the city doesn't smell that bad anymore & the Cuyahoga River hasn't caught on fire in decades.

But if you ever visit Cleveland (say to go to the Rock & Roll HOF) never drink directly outta Lake Erie. It'll fuck your head up. Just look what it's done to wiggy.

One more gem about Cleveland. Mentioned it before but it's still funny as hell. Former Mayor Ralph Perk turned a dinner invite to the White House (TickyDick was the Prez) because it was his wifes bowling night. And he caught his hair on fire w/ a welding torch during a ribbon cutting ceremony.

I've been there before, more than once in fact, but it's been a while. I have no problem with it....but just don't have any intentions of returning anytime soon.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. He certainly wasn't great at the X's and O's. His offensive system wasn't even his.

But, I don't think there's been a coach who was better at managing ego's (especially of mega stars like MJ, Shaq and Kobe) and getting them to buy in.

Doug Collins was a good coach, but could only get the Bulls so far. Del Harris was a good coach, but could only get the Shaq/Kobe Lakers so far.

Phil steps in and they start winning rings. I doubt MJ, Shaq or Kobe have as many rings as they do without Phil.

I think Kerr's strengths are actually pretty similar to Phil's.

He is a big picture guy who is really good at getting great players to put their egos aside and put the team first.

It is obviously a lot easier with a selfless star like Steph Curry, but Kerr deserves a ton of credit for the Warrior dynasty. It simply does not happen without him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by the notion that if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic and cared about his body, he would've been the GOAT.

Considering his size and athleticism, I'd have to agree. It was almost like he had to be lazy to make it fair. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was top 6 in both VORP and BPM this year.

Names are nice.

I'll take productions.

You use VORP and BPM to compare the greatness of players. Well I don't know what to say lol.

Vucevic was 8th and 9th, it doesn't mean he is a top 10 player.
Nurkic was 14th and 20th. He isn't close to a top 20 player.
Seems like these stat, VORP, is flawed, favoring big men.

Larry Nance is a top 25 player lolzzz