• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wouldn't say this if the Rockets made the Finals...

The Rockets were not as good as GS... The Rockets were probably the 4th or 5th best team this year.. We did not have the team to go all the way and with no picks this year we are throwing everything in the ring for trade. We could have rode the wave another year... but if your not good enough this year, or last year for that, then we will not be good enough next year..

Time to shake the tree..

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiiiiight. Like the Western conference being slightly weaker this year has any bearing on how good of a team the Warriors are.

I'll tell you this... The Dubs are DONE winning championships unless KD saves their ass..

They had a hell of a run but it's OVER without another hall of famer jumping on board...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiiiiight. Like the Western conference being slightly weaker this year has any bearing on how good of a team the Warriors are.

it's the hatred that makes this so funny...

Warriors fans are getting a taste of what it was like being Lakers fans a little while back...

and btw, I understand it to SOME extent. lotta folks out there simply hate the same teams winning all the time...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets were not as good as GS... The Rockets were probably the 4th or 5th best team this year.. We did not have the team to go all the way and with no picks this year we are throwing everything in the ring for trade. We could have rode the wave another year... but if your not good enough this year, or last year for that, then we will not be good enough next year..

Time to shake the tree..

Completely fair assessment. Although I think it doesn't have to do with your roster, but more so your offensive game planning.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this... The Dubs are DONE winning championships unless KD saves their ass..

They had a hell of a run but it's OVER without another hall of famer jumping on board...

LOL wut?

The Warriors are paper thin on their bench, partly because KD came to the team and they have less resources to acquire significant bench/role players. If he leaves, that changes. Essentially if KD left, what you could expect is a similar version of this team, with upgraded players instead of Jordan Bell, Jonas Jerebko and Quinn Cook.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely fair assessment. Although I think it doesn't have to do with your roster, but more so your offensive game planning.

We have no other option with the personnel we brought in..

We have no post game... None.
We bring in old cheap 3 point shooters...
CP3 skills and output are diminishing over the past 3 years
Harden is the only game we got...

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL wut?

The Warriors are paper thin on their bench, partly because KD came to the team and they have less resources to acquire significant bench/role players. If he leaves, that changes. Essentially if KD left, what you could expect is a similar version of this team, with upgraded players instead of Jordan Bell, Jonas Jerebko and Quinn Cook.

Dream on... There at least 2 teams right now.. Younger and better that would keep you from winning anymore championships in the future...

It was a hell of a run though...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden state is a hell of a team with or without Durant. The series is far from over I just think that a lot of people were under estimating the Raptors and how good they are. I'm sure Golden State will make adjustments and we'll see what they're made of. I personally believe this is the best team that golden state has faced in the finals

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the hatred that makes this so funny...

Warriors fans are getting a taste of what it was like being Lakers fans a little while back...

and btw, I understand it to SOME extent. lotta folks out there simply hate the same teams winning all the time...

Yeah this Finals is refreshing. Previous 4 I was going for the Warriors. This time, I don't care who wins as I have no issue with either team.

The people that say the Warriors aren't used to playing a difficult team are dopes. You don't think this core ran into a couple of challenges along the way the last 5 years. I'm sure facing Lebron in the Finals the first 2 of 4 times was a cake walk.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Astute observation, I can see why you have all of that Vcash you bloviate about.

So a team can't win without their best player. Noted. That's some riveting shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden state is a hell of a team with or without Durant. The series is far from over I just think that a lot of people were under estimating the Raptors and how good they are. I'm sure Golden State will make adjustments and we'll see what they're made of. I personally believe this is the best team that golden state has faced in the finals

Because Toronto puts a heavy emphasis on defense, I'll agree with this.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Toronto puts a heavy emphasis on defense, I'll agree with this.
Absolutely. They're long they're athletic and they're also coming off a couple of series that were Wars that got them ready for this

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the Raptors show last night that they're not scared. That this moment isn't too big for them. And they're ready to make this a series and a dog fight

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astute observation, I can see why you have all of that Vcash you bloviate about.

So a team can't win without their best player. Noted. That's some riveting shit.

gotta say that's some VERY in-depth analysis...

give the man his props...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream on... There at least 2 teams right now.. Younger and better that would keep you from winning anymore championships in the future...

It was just last year that people thought Toronto should start a complete rebuild when they got swept last year in the 2nd round.

Golden State will still have their core of Curry, Klay and Draymond; that'll always put you in position to win a title. So I don't know how you could definitively say they're done winning titles. Will the road be more difficult and less likely? Sure. But I wouldn't definitely count them out going forward.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mr 829 coming through with some high tech observations...

I can't save the world... Just keep losing.. You good at it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fun fact:
Kyle Lowry - 33
Danny Green - 31
Kawhi Leonard - 27
Pascal Siakam - 25
Marc Gasol - 34

Steph Curry - 31
Klay Thompson - 29
Andre Iguodala - 35
Draymond Green - 29
Kevon Looney - 23

The Warriors actually have a lower average age of their starters than the Raptors. But yeah ok. Also the Bucks have half their roster as free agents this year, including Bledsoe, Middleton, Lopez, Mirotic, and Brogdon.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just last year that people thought Toronto should start a complete rebuild when they got swept last year in the 2nd round.

Golden State will still have their core of Curry, Klay and Draymond; that'll always put you in position to win a title. So I don't know how you could definitively say they're done winning titles. Will the road be more difficult and less likely? Sure. But I wouldn't definitely count them out going forward.

ANOTHER thing that's making this hella funny...

some cats talking like the series is done...:lol:

gotta admit that shit is hilarious...