• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case for...
Warriors in 5
Golden State has proven since its championship run started in 2015 that winning on the road and dealing with adversity is part of its DNA. That mental makeup is why the Warriors will steal a game in Toronto, take care of business at Oracle and finish off this series north of the border. -- Bobby Marks

Warriors in 6
A six-game series is the most likely for the lower seed to win. I think statistical models that either consider this matchup a toss-up or give the Raptors the edge are underrating how well the Warriors have played without Kevin Durant. And if this series is close and goes long, well, that increases the chances of Durant returning to help push Golden State over the top. -- Kevin Pelton

Warriors in 7
This is an extremely tough call, especially with Durant's status up in the air. Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry and the Raptors are a real threat, but the Warriors are still outstanding without Durant, have much more Finals experience and are very well rested for the first time in a while. The return of Durant could put a challenging defensive wrinkle in the middle of the series for Toronto. Stephen Curry has always played great against his dad's old team, too. Leonard's and Durant's health will factor in the outcome. -- Marc Spears

Raptors in 7
The Warriors have an obvious championship pedigree, and easily could win this series, and get their three-peat. But the uncertainty about Kevin Durant's return -- coupled with the Raptors having home-court advantage, arguably the best player in the series in Kawhi Leonard and the best defensive unit that Golden State has seen during its dynastic run -- is enough to tip the scales in Toronto's direction to say the Raptors will win their first championship. -- Tim Bontemps

The Raptors are built to give the Warriors difficulties. They have an outstanding defensive frontline that features three Defensive Player of the Year award-winners plus a second-place finish spread among three players, none of whom were the best defender on the team this season -- that honor went to Pascal Siakam. The Raptors are top-10 in the NBA in 3-pointers made and 3-point percentage, and are also top 10 in fewest 3-pointers and lowest 3-point percentage allowed. They have the positional diversity to play every style from traditional big to small-ball, with plus players at every position. -- Andre Snellings

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize Toronto had home-court lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is a bit funny how every series since Philly, some have said "if he loses he is out".

Has Kawhi ever said anything to indicate that?

It is quite possible that this playoff run does not factor much in Kawhi's decision. If he is happy in Toronto, he will stay. If he isn't, he will leave.

I think it is safe to say that very few people have any real idea of what Kawhi will do. We are all just guessing here.

Been saying this all along. Many/most players talk too damn much. Kawhi is the polar opposite of that. Dude wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful and people want to claim they know what he's going to do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your IQ a negative number?

Possible, but it wouldn't be listed that way. At least not in California.

About 40 years ago or so, there was legislation passed which stated that people couldn't be given a "0" or "negative number" for an i.q.

So, he would have to be listed with an i.q. of at least "1" even though in real life it may, in fact, be a negative number.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, but it wouldn't be listed that way. At least not in California.

About 40 years ago or so, there was legislation passed which stated that people couldn't be given a "0" or "negative number" for an i.q.

So, he would have to be listed with an i.q. of at least "1" even though in real life it may, in fact, be a negative number.
There's no such thing as a negative IQ. And below I think 60 you are severely disabled, and 40 is just about catatonic. So he's around a 50

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After an in-depth, scholarly look at this series, here's how it goes, barring injury and lineups remaining the same:
Warriors come in out of sync and rusty after a 9-day lay off and a fired up Toronto team takes it to them in game one although the Warriors wake up a little in the second half and make it close.
Game 2, I see the Warriors with a decent shot at winning after using game 1 to shake off the rust and lethargy. They could very well take game two and that gives them a pretty good shot at winning the series.
Bottom line: If the Warriors win game two in Toronto then its Warriors in 6, if not, its Toronto in 7. Everthing comes down to game 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as a negative IQ. And below I think 60 you are severely disabled, and 40 is just about catatonic. So he's around a 50

There actually used to be negative i.q.'s given out. If I remember correctly, the change was made because some families complained.

But yeah, I guess we have to give him credit for being able to get online and type words. lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There actually used to be negative i.q.'s given out. If I remember correctly, the change was made because some families complained.

But yeah, I guess we have to give him credit for being able to get online and type words. lol
I'd be curious to see some evidence of that. IQ is a positive number only in my understanding, like weight or height

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After an in-depth, scholarly look at this series, here's how it goes, barring injury and lineups remaining the same:
Warriors come in out of sync and rusty after a 9-day lay off and a fired up Toronto team takes it to them in game one although the Warriors wake up a little in the second half and make it close.
Game 2, I see the Warriors with a decent shot at winning after using game 1 to shake off the rust and lethargy. They could very well take game two and that gives them a pretty good shot at winning the series.
Bottom line: If the Warriors win game two in Toronto then its Warriors in 6, if not, its Toronto in 7. Everthing comes down to game 2.
Welching on your bet again, you aren't allowed to pick against the Warriors the rest of the playoffs

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious to see some evidence of that. IQ is a positive number only in my understanding, like weight or height

You have to remember, this was like 40 years ago that it changed. I used to work with the developmentally disabled and saw it in charts that I read. There would be a few years of negative numbers or zero's, then all of the sudden there was a positive number. I asked about it and was told that families complained and they passed legislation saying there couldn't be negative numbers or zero's anymore. It was jokingly referred to as a "complimentary i.q."

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember, this was like 40 years ago that it changed. I used to work with the developmentally disabled and saw it in charts that I read. There would be a few years of negative numbers or zero's, then all of the sudden there was a positive number. I asked about it and was told that families complained and they passed legislation saying there couldn't be negative numbers or zero's anymore. It was jokingly referred to as a "complimentary i.q."
Ok I guess
I'm very surprised, like I said I didn't think IQ was mathematically possible to be negative. Learn something every day

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I don't want to admit that I'm banned.

You fool NO ONE, Nolan.
You are still such an angry little fellow. Are you still mad that I punked you out at the Giants game a few years back? I'll never get over you screaming as my brother and I walked toward you. You are the classic internet tough guy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welching on your bet again, you aren't allowed to pick against the Warriors the rest of the playoffs
Relax junior. Don't be a fool. I picked the Warriors. This is just a scholarly anlysis of what might happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just couldn't care less. I rooted for this team for 35+ years and if anybody told me that it would one day be the team that broke the NBA due to its success I'd ask for what he's smoking. Before this, the highlights of fandom were Run TMC, one year of dreaming when they had rookie Webber, pre-psycho Sprewell, and pre-biggestwasteoftalentofalltime Billy Owens for a year, and Baron Davis selling his sole to the devil to bounce the Mavs. The Heat got less flack than this team and 3 of the starters for this squad were drafted by the org.
Me neither.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still such an angry little fellow. Are you still mad that I punked you out at the Giants game a few years back? I'll never get over you screaming as my brother and I walked toward you. You are the classic internet tough guy.
Is that the brother that runs the ped0phile ring out of the basement of your pizza parlor?

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto Raptors in 7 games, wins game 7 by 5 points, I look for Marc Gasol to have solid series.