• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Finals since 1999 has had at least 1 of Kobe, TD, Wade and Curry in it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference, however is he knows better and is posting bs for entertainment - you actually believe the shit you and Wiggy post. Sorry, but you know it's true:lol:

Yeah I really believe all the sarcastic stuff I post. What's even funnier is you take what I say (especially about the Lakers) seriously. Which is simply hilarious.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people can't even let the Raptors enjoy their moment.

If he does leave, I will be shocked.

Can't blame Masai.

This was clearly the correct move.

Put Kawhi and the team in a position to win it all.

This latest edition of “Will Kawhi Leonard Stay In Toronto?” started from a simple, celebratory Instagram Live video from Kawhi’s sister, Miesha Slayton. After the Raptors’ Game 6 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday, Slayton took to Instagram for a live session. We could see as she was reading off comments from fans from all over the world. But then, a voice in the background shouted, “They know darn well he ain’t gonna be there next year.”

Slayton would eventually take down the Instagram Live video, which seemingly produced the opposite result she wanted and fueled rumors even more. Without even knowing who the voice belonged to, NBA fans took hold of that anonymous comment as proof that Leonard would leave Toronto after this single season. NBA Twitter seemed to speculate — out of nowhere — that the voice belonged to Leonard’s uncle. But according to Slayton, the voice neither belonged to her uncle nor a member of her family. She posted to Instagram that the voice was just a Raptors hater that she was watching the game with. She told a Raptors Republic contributor that her uncle wasn’t even in California.

No idea what he'll do. It's Kawhi. lol

But even if he does leave, as you said, he took them to the finals for the first time in their history.

They were looking at a rebuild if they don't make the trade.

Best case, Kawhi stays and they remain contenders for a couple more years or so.

Worst case, they go into the rebuild they were going to have to do anyway, but after a finals appearance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll just hope Vanvleet doesn't have another baby in the next three weeks. Actually, it would be pretty hilarious if there's another woman out there who is about to pop out another Fred Vanvleet baby.

Th way he's played since the first one was born, folks will be saying "Kawhi who?" if he has another one.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what he'll do. It's Kawhi. lol

But even if he does leave, as you said, he took them to the finals for the first time in their history.

They were looking at a rebuild if they don't make the trade.

Best case, Kawhi stays and they remain contenders for a couple more years or so.

Worst case, they go into the rebuild they were going to have to do anyway, but after a finals appearance.

Agree with most of this and thats how the gamble was meant to be.

Pluses in the Raptors favor

The Raptors are built to win now and for the next few seasons.
Ownership that will do whatever it takes. Attract others to come here and play with Kawhi moving forward
Trust with our medical staff
This seasons incredible run
The ability to actually pay him 50 million more then any other team

Kawhi has always said. He wants to be healthy and to win. The Raptors have put their trust in him and provided both for him

I think its 80/20 right now that he stays. Sure I am biased but the facts speak for themselves.

Now lets get that ring

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ownership that will do whatever it takes. Attract others to come here and play with Kawhi moving forward

Kawhi has always said. He wants to be healthy and to win. The Raptors have put their trust in him and provided both for him

I think its 80/20 right now that he stays. Sure I am biased but the facts speak for themselves.

Now lets get that ring

Yeah, I think he probably stays. Most of the talking heads seem to think he's leaving.

As I've said all along though, anything that anyone says is more speculative than with any other player because Kawhi will barely talk about a game he just played in, let alone what his plans are after the season.

I did hear something funny though. They were talking about how something like 50 restaurants have offered free meals for life if he stays and another place has offered him a multi million dollar condo.

The person I was listening to (think it was Doug Gottlieb) said, he can already afford all of that, so he doesn't need it for free. He said someone should offer never having to talk to the media and they'll pay all of his fines from the NBA for not talking to them. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green was hot garbage that entire MIL series offensively. Ibaka and Siakam both shot poorly. I think MIL is better defensively than GS...yeah I said it lol. I think Toronto can and will have to defend that pick n' roll and the Warriors' screen play well.

This is going to be a tight series. I mean Portland threw away 3 games when they were up and just completely fell apart. That gives Toronto at least a fighting chance. Obviously, if they get Boogie back it helps but it also takes away shots from Curry and Klay so if I'm Toronto I'm okay with that. If they get KD back it's a different story but they have the best defender in the league to guard him so that ain't bad.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really believe all the sarcastic stuff I post. What's even funnier is you take what I say (especially about the Lakers) seriously. Which is simply hilarious.
You have to admit that just from reading your postings its easy to confuse you with an idiot.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,069.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to see the raptors pull this off but they just don’t have the experience the warriors do and that is huge in the playoffs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit that just from reading your postings its easy to confuse you with an idiot.

I keep foregtting you're the smartest person on SportsHoopla. My bad. And when you said the Clippers would knock the Warriors outta the playoffs & then the Rockets would end their season you were spot-on as usual.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now lets get that ring
Cannot say I thought they'd get to the Finals, but argued a move they had to make with many who thought the opposite, for the reasons you gave.