• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a tough call. The Heat, with Lebron would have the best player in the series. But the Lakers would have #2 and #3 with AD and Jimmy.

But then, the Heat would have the next best 2 or 3. But the Lakers would still have all of that length which has proven to be a problem for the Heat.

I'd say the Heat take it in 7 very tough games.

It could easily go either way, but ultimately, I think Lebron would find a way.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat would be the favorites if LBJ and Jimmy were to switch teams. The Lakers advantage is having the 2 best players in the series. That changes with LeBron in Miami and Jimmy in LA. We have the better team overall, they just have the 2 best players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense to me. At the beginning of the year, it looked like the Clips put together a title roster. Instead, it sorely underachieved and in retrospect sold way too much to get PG. Riley did a better job than what the Clips did this year.

You just pretty much summed it up.

If a team underachieves, that is on the coach more than the GM. Frank put together a title caliber roster from one barely good enough to make the playoffs last year.

Miami overachieved. Riley deserves credit to be sure, but Spo deserves as much of not more.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just pretty much summed it up.

If a team underachieves, that is on the coach more than the GM. Frank put together a title caliber roster from one barely good enough to make the playoffs last year.

Miami overachieved. Riley deserves credit to be sure, but Spo deserves as much of not more.

I think for me, one of the bright points was getting the roster out of purgatory this year while also drafting Herro who turned out to be really good. For a team that didn't have cap space to pulling off getting Butler in FA and being in the Finals, yes, Spo deserves a lot of credit. But Riley does as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'd pick Jimmy and AD over Lebron and Bam tbh. It's a tough one though.

Definitely be a 7 gamer though

AD couldn't win with a younger Rondo, Cousins and Holiday. Butler is better than any of those players and an underestimated leader but that team might not make it to the Finals tbh. Having shooters around Lebron with their team defense is dangerous. Bam, Dragic, Lebron, Herro is a pretty damn good top 4.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD couldn't win with a younger Rondo, Cousins and Holiday. Butler is better than any of those players and an underestimated leader but that team might not make it to the Finals tbh. Having shooters around Lebron with their team defense is dangerous. Bam, Dragic, Lebron, Herro is a pretty damn good top 4.

All true. But AD was young and that team didn't really have a leader. AD isn't being asked to lead yet and he wouldn't be if the Lakers had Jimmy either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense to me. At the beginning of the year, it looked like the Clips put together a title roster. Instead, it sorely underachieved and in retrospect sold way too much to get PG. Riley did a better job than what the Clips did this year.

I think that's a load of shit. That award should go to the executive that put the best team together. If you grab two all-star players but don't even make it out of the 2nd round, that's not the best team. It doesn't matter if he found some plutonium, fired up the Delorean and brought back a 25 year old Michael Jordan - if your team underachieves, you lose rights to the award.

Riley clearly did an amazing job. For me that award should go to either him or Presti in OKC.

Rob Pelinka took a lottery team to almost NBA champs in less than two years and didn't even make the top 5. Now that's some BS

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i'm flip-flopping between the two. Right now I agree, the Heat would probably get it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like what AD had to say about it.

He basically said it seems like it's that way this year. Him with DPOY, Lebron with MVP and now Pelinka with Exec of the year. But if they win one more game, they'll all be champions and no one will care about those other awards.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what AD had to say about it.

He basically said it seems like it's that way this year. Him with DPOY, Lebron with MVP and now Pelinka with Exec of the year. But if they win one more game, they'll all be champions and no one will care about those other awards.
True.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron on earning the respect of Lakers fans:

"Well, one, what I've learned being a Laker is that the Laker faithful don't give a damn what you've done before, until you become a Laker, you've got to do it with them as well. They don't care about your resume' at all until you become a Laker. Then you've got to do it as a Laker and then they'll respect you. I've learned that".

We're kinda assholes. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're kinda assholes. lol

winner award GIF