• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bad news for the LeBron haters out there. Highest winning % in closeout playoff games.

1. LeBron 38-10 (.792)
2. D. Fisher 39-12 (.765)
3. Duncan 35-14 (.714)
4. Don Nelson 20-8 (.714)
5. Ginobili 29-12 (.707)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally not an ounce of bias from him I'm sure

Zeke is wrong in calling LeBron the GOAT. As far as the most complete player? There have been better scorers. Better rebounders. Better players at dishing out assists. Better defenders. But I have never seen one player put it all together like LeBron has during his career. And it's not often players live up to all the hype. But he has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More hot takes by the clown, Mark Jackson. How this guy was ever a head coach is crazy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right about this being the opposite of an asterisk though

Yeah I agree with that too.

Mentally this has got to be the most difficult playoffs ever.

Maybe the league can hand the Lakers 1.5 championships at the end of it just to edge out the Celtics. Whaddayasay @Wamu ?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to agree with Jackson but not just yet......pump those brakes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the Lakers 11th title in the modern era.....

@Wamu

In my 100% unbiased opinion I still say the Lakers '85, '87 & '10 titles are fraudulent. So the real total in the modern ear is 8.

:dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of us Lakers fans are getting a bit cocky about winning the title tonight. This is when the Heat pull a 2016 Cavs on us and win three straight knowing my luck.

That being said, I got the Lakers winning in double digits tonight.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is wrong in calling LeBron the GOAT. As far as the most complete player? There have been better scorers. Better rebounders. Better players at dishing out assists. Better defenders. But I have never seen one player put it all together like LeBron has during his career. And it's not often players live up to all the hype. But he has.

I'll admit, Lebron is the most well-rounded player to play the game. However, MJ was the better scorer and defender, IMO.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that too.

Mentally this has got to be the most difficult playoffs ever.

Maybe the league can hand the Lakers 1.5 championships at the end of it just to edge out the Celtics. Whaddayasay @Wamu ?

I'll add onto it, the uncertainty and constant distractions added another unorthodox and complex layer to the current infrastructure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, Lebron is the most well-rounded player to play the game. However, MJ was the better scorer and defender, IMO.

I agree with you. That's why I wanted to mention there are players that have been better at aspects of the game. But nobody as complete him.

And holy shit time moves way too fast. Was talking to my cousin back home this morning. We just can't believe the first time we saw LeBron play live was his freshmen year in HS ('99-'00). Hell I can remember his dad (Roland Bivens) playing in HS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My position on Lebron hasn't changed much over the years. Admittedly now that he's a Lakers I don't hate him as much. Couldn't stand him on the Heat or Cavs though.

Here's the thing though, Lebron is on the brink of winning a title and most likely Finals MVP with three different teams, something no player has ever achieved. He's setting records in points scored, assists, rebounds, wins etc etc in both the regular season and playoffs. He's brought what, like 6 or 7 coaches to the Finals, each time with different systems and different players. On top of that he's still doing this at almost age 36.

As much as I respect Jordan, and I still consider him the GOAT, he did it all with one team, one head coach, one system and very similar players. In roughly the same era. Much easier to repeat greatness.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of us Lakers fans are getting a bit cocky about winning the title tonight. This is when the Heat pull a 2016 Cavs on us and win three straight knowing my luck.

That being said, I got the Lakers winning in double digits tonight.
All bullshit aside, they do have a shot and have been scrappy as fuck.....but they're going to have to play almost the perfect game IMO. James isn't going to want this to go past tonight and I expect him and AD to play lights out......but we also need another player to step up and be the 3rd option.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Some are saying he's been the best player in this series.

Part of why he wanted to play in LA was because he wanted to learn from Lebron. I think he would take a similar attitude with Jimmy because, unlike guys like Kyrie with Lebron and the young T-Wolves and Sixers with Jimmy, AD actually seems to understand that he hasn't seen it all and wants to learn.

To be fair though, AD has also known and kind of been mentored by Lebron since he was 17 and met him at one of Lebron's basketball camps. So I'm sure that makes it a little easier.

Yeah. AD looks up to Bron even though they are equals on the court.

I don’t think he would openly disrespect Butler, he isn’t that kind of guy, but I highly doubt he would see Butler as his equal either.

Which could make for less than ideal chemistry.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I fervently wish @WiggyRuss would MAN THE FUCK UP and show up to take his lumps.....we are all wrong at 1 time or another.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My position on Lebron hasn't changed much over the years. Admittedly now that he's a Lakers I don't hate him as much. Couldn't stand him on the Heat or Cavs though.

Here's the thing though, Lebron is on the brink of winning a title and most likely Finals MVP with three different teams, something no player has ever achieved. He's setting records in points scored, assists, rebounds, wins etc etc in both the regular season and playoffs. He's brought what, like 6 or 7 coaches to the Finals, each time with different systems and different players. On top of that he's still doing this at almost age 36.

As much as I respect Jordan, and I still consider him the GOAT, he did it all with one team, one head coach, one system and very similar players. In roughly the same era. Much easier to repeat greatness.

I wanna say thanks for admitting you've never been much of LeBron fan until he became a Laker. A little bit ago I started to put together comment on the topic. But really couldn't word it the right way without some possibly thinking I was taking a cheap-shot at Lakers fans.

It's weird how once a player you don't care for plays for your team the opinion can change. I'm going through that right now with that jackass Baker Mayfield. Don't like him. But have to root for him because he plays for my team.