• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, Lebron is the most well-rounded player to play the game. However, MJ was the better scorer and defender, IMO.

Defender is closer than people believe. Lebron could have 1 or 2 DPOY's if it wasn't for Dwight and MJ could handcheck...could you imagine Lebron with a handcheck. At their peak, it's too close to call defender wise imo

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. This is an unprecedented thing. He was a big part of why they had the best record in the West and if memory serves, it was out of concern for the health of a family member.

I look at it no differently than if he would have had a season ending injury.

If it was indeed for family health issues than I agree with you. I initially thought it was for social injustice reasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's an assumption I'd make. AD doesn't seem like someone who looks to "upset the apple cart". He may have been a little slower to come around with Jimmy than Lebron because of the previous relationship...but I'm pretty confident that once he figured out what Jimmy's about, he'd be on board.

Not making any assumptions. Just said it might not be good.

Jimmy is quirky. Miami is the perfect spot for him. 3 other locker rooms before weren’t.

It can create an awkward dynamic when your team leader is not the best player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defender is closer than people believe. Lebron could have 1 or 2 DPOY's if it wasn't for Dwight and MJ could handcheck...could you imagine Lebron with a handcheck. At their peak, it's too close to call defender wise imo
Yeah, I agree....

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to think that athletes from this era are softer than athletes from earlier eras. These guys made it to this level because they're tough competitors, so no one is backing down. People always bring up the Bad Boy Pistons, but you can be sure that there are several guys from this era who would've put someone like Bill Laimbeer in his place if he tried anything stupid. Are we really going to say that guys like Pachulia, David West, Steven Adams, and others would be scared of the Bad Boy Pistons?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to think that athletes from this era are softer than athletes from earlier eras. These guys made it to this level because they're tough competitors, so no one is backing down. People always bring up the Bad Boy Pistons, but you can be sure that there are several guys from this era who would've put someone like Bill Laimbeer in his place if he tried anything stupid. Are we really going to say that guys like Pachulia, David West, Steven Adams, and others would be scared of the Bad Boy Pistons?

I'll give you Adams and maybe West. There are maybe 4 or 5 others in the whole league that could have played in that era.

And Zsa Zsa Pachulia...:pound:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you Adams and maybe West. There are maybe 4 or 5 others in the whole league that could have played in that era.

Lebron
Udonis
Rondo
Butler
Embiid
Bev
Morris twins
Perkins
Draymond

And a whole lot more

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol Meh players play to the era, if it requires more toughness or hand checking than certain players will have an advantage but that’s in any era. There were plenty of “soft” players in that era...if there was hand checking now with the athletes on the court it would be intense and yes we would see planty of fights. Players change their style to the game, not just the rules, but also the league becoming a 3 point league, for example. It’s adaptation

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team will win and one team will lose

This Will Be Fun Dance Moms GIF by Lifetime Telly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full stop.

4 or 5 other players in the entire league who could have played in that era?

I hope I am misunderstanding your point.

Most players from today’s league could have played in the 90s with a few adjustments.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to point out that after tonight there may be no more basketball for the rest of the year.

I'm willing to live with that :D