• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron on earning the respect of Lakers fans:

"Well, one, what I've learned being a Laker is that the Laker faithful don't give a damn what you've done before, until you become a Laker, you've got to do it with them as well. They don't care about your resume' at all until you become a Laker. Then you've got to do it as a Laker and then they'll respect you. I've learned that".

We're kinda assholes. lol
This.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a load of shit. That award should go to the executive that put the best team together. If you grab two all-star players but don't even make it out of the 2nd round, that's not the best team. It doesn't matter if he found some plutonium, fired up the Delorean and brought back a 25 year old Michael Jordan - if your team underachieves, you lose rights to the award.

Riley clearly did an amazing job. For me that award should go to either him or Presti in OKC.

Rob Pelinka took a lottery team to almost NBA champs in less than two years and didn't even make the top 5. Now that's some BS
Man, I completely forgot about Presti. They got a king's ransom for PG, who doesn't do shit in the playoffs.

And OKC was another team that overachieved with a lame duck coach. I'd probably lean his way on giving the award without bias.

Riley and Presti moved mountains when many thought their respective teams were dead in the water.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got a point. I didn't think the Lakers gave up much for AD at all (if I said it back then, I was completely wrong).

But to the point - you can't say the Lakers gave up too much for AD, who's without a doubt a top 5 NBA player in the league. And IMO, has been the best player in this Finals series. Then, proceed to award the Clippers executive with EOY when he gave up more for PG, who showed his ass his in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a point. I didn't think the Lakers gave up much for AD at all (if I said it back then, I was completely wrong).

But to the point - you can't say the Lakers gave up too much for AD, who's without a doubt a top 5 NBA player in the league. And IMO, has been the best player in this Finals series. Then, proceed to award the Clippers executive with EOY when he gave up more for PG, who showed his ass his in the playoffs.

Yeah, I don't think Pelinka should have won. That should have been Riley or Presti. But 7th is too low. Should have been top 5.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heir apparent to James as the top dog on the Lakers.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully January.

If the Lakers play defense like they can and have most of the season and playoffs, it will be very difficult for the Heat to have that game where they blow up from 3. The Lakers length is tough to shoot over.

Having said that, if the Heat come out and hit some open 3's early...that could get them started and make it very difficult to stop.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough call. The Heat, with Lebron would have the best player in the series. But the Lakers would have #2 and #3 with AD and Jimmy.

But then, the Heat would have the next best 2 or 3. But the Lakers would still have all of that length which has proven to be a problem for the Heat.

I'd say the Heat take it in 7 very tough games.

It could easily go either way, but ultimately, I think Lebron would find a way.
Original thought was also Heat (don't even think it goes 6-7). However, thinking more about it it might depend a little on circumstances.

Is this the team from start of season? Meaning, do the young Miami guys never get to play with Butler? If it just happens now and they go from Butler leadership to Lebron, I'm not sure they buy in so quickly to Lebron's style. don't watch a lot of Heat games (before playoffs) but something tells me as long as they give effort, Butler not the type to pout openly about a teammate like Lebron does...often when Lebron is the one who messed up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true. But AD was young and that team didn't really have a leader. AD isn't being asked to lead yet and he wouldn't be if the Lakers had Jimmy either.
asked to lead in that situation? Maybe not, but would he feel he should be as overall he's a better player than Jimmy? Easy to give up leadership to Lebron...not sure he would to Jimmy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a load of shit. That award should go to the executive that put the best team together. If you grab two all-star players but don't even make it out of the 2nd round, that's not the best team. It doesn't matter if he found some plutonium, fired up the Delorean and brought back a 25 year old Michael Jordan - if your team underachieves, you lose rights to the award.

Riley clearly did an amazing job. For me that award should go to either him or Presti in OKC.

Rob Pelinka took a lottery team to almost NBA champs in less than two years and didn't even make the top 5. Now that's some BS
Curious....if Ty Lue, Brett Brown or Casey was Miami coach do you think they get this far?

Guessing Pelinka didn't make top 5 as Lebron choosing LA then AD choosing to play with Lebron had nothing to do with Pelinka.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another GM could not have made the AD deal (pretty much giving up entire roster minus Lebron and assets through the decade)? Then had to add the filler you mention because they failed to entice Kawhi to come?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asked to lead in that situation? Maybe not, but would he feel he should be as overall he's a better player than Jimmy? Easy to give up leadership to Lebron...not sure he would to Jimmy.

Depends. Some are saying he's been the best player in this series.

Part of why he wanted to play in LA was because he wanted to learn from Lebron. I think he would take a similar attitude with Jimmy because, unlike guys like Kyrie with Lebron and the young T-Wolves and Sixers with Jimmy, AD actually seems to understand that he hasn't seen it all and wants to learn.

To be fair though, AD has also known and kind of been mentored by Lebron since he was 17 and met him at one of Lebron's basketball camps. So I'm sure that makes it a little easier.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would....AD doesn't have a super aggressive personality.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Some are saying he's been the best player in this series.

Part of why he wanted to play in LA was because he wanted to learn from Lebron. I think he would take a similar attitude with Jimmy because, unlike guys like Kyrie with Lebron and the young T-Wolves and Sixers with Jimmy, AD actually seems to understand that he hasn't seen it all and wants to learn.

To be fair though, AD has also known and kind of been mentored by Lebron since he was 17 and met him at one of Lebron's basketball camps. So I'm sure that makes it a little easier.
Yep.