• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heros Lip Curl was more funny than it was intimidating. he looks like a little boy out there. Glad he's on the Heat tho :) Seriously hope he shows up hard tonight to give Butler some help.
keep saying you guys got a good one with Herro. kid's gonna be a great player...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know about everyone else here, I watch sports to have fun and too kind of forget about the rest of the world and root for my team for a couple hours.

I dont care if the league is propagandizing a point of view i agree with, dont agree with, care about, dont care about - whatever.....the place for that is not on the court . Not on the field. Not on the diamond.

I am certainly not saying that Colin Kaepernick or LeBron or whoever else should "shut up and dribble"- What i am saying is that do it on your own time. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be to walk into your office and take a knee? lol. Sports is entertainment. The last thing anyone wants is to be preached to.

2nd- i dont even know why they play the national anthem at sporting events. Rather pointless if y ou ask me.

but if you want to preach and jam your opinions down my throat--- please do it on your own time so i can avoid it--- or a lot of people are just going to avoid watching the game at all- i dont care if its right or left or i agree or disagreee--- just do it on your own time. No one likes being preached to- especially by individuals who have very questionable resumes to be doing the preaching. Its certainly one of the reasons why ratings are in the toilet and its the worst rated NBA finals in NBA history TV wise.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock tweeted that a typical Friday NBA Finals game would bring 14-15 million viewers. 4.5 million watched. No one cares. Part of it is no crowd, part of it is the matchup is a joke, part of it is that the NBA has gone from being a sports league to propaganda. Part of it is people care more about baseball and football who are both ongoing right now.
LMFAO then why are YOU watching, dipshit...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Who had "easiest path to the finals" in the Stupid Reasons Wiggy Will Use To Discount This Finals poll?
you KNEW once he had the balls to slink back in here he was gonna go with one:lol: wack-ass slant or another. either way he STILL looks like a fool...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know about everyone else here, I watch sports to have fun and too kind of forget about the rest of the world and root for my team for a couple hours.

I dont care if the league is propagandizing a point of view i agree with, dont agree with, care about, dont care about - whatever.....the place for that is not on the court . Not on the field. Not on the diamond.

Agree with all of this. While I'm not going to allow it to stop me from watching, I look at it as, they're at work and the fans are customers. I can't think of any place that I have worked where it was okay for employees to get into political discussions with customers. Especially when those customers didn't ask or even worse, have said they don't want to hear it.

These players, especially star players, have more ability/opportunity to express their views to a lot of people than you or I will ever have. They don't need to do it while they're "on the clock".

I'm kind of mixed re: the national anthem. I love the tradition of it and all, and when I first heard someone suggest that, my initial reaction was "No way, you can't stop doing that." But after thinking about it more, maybe it doesn't need to be before every single game.

Maybe just have it before certain games...playoff games and championship games.. Games played on holidays, etc. like the Christmas games in the NBA, 4th of July games in MLB, etc.

That actually might make it even more special.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock tweeted that a typical Friday NBA Finals game would bring 14-15 million viewers. 4.5 million watched. No one cares. Part of it is no crowd, part of it is the matchup is a joke, part of it is that the NBA has gone from being a sports league to propaganda. Part of it is people care more about baseball and football who are both ongoing right now.
Nope, totally different reasons. All sports are down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe I have to root for the Heat in the NBA finals.

Tell me again how Riley doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Tell me again how LeBron's legacy is ruined because he didn't get an injured Lakers team to the playoff last year. You're a fraud and always full of shit. And it took your sorry ass long enough to find the guts to show back up in the NBA threads. Oh yeah. And tell me again how the Cavs will turn things around before the Heat. Idiot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Are players not allowed to get excited because there's no fans?

It just seems out of character for him, and it was after the game was over (and really was in control for a while).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lowest rated NBA Finals in NBA history in this freakshow of a season. Just revolting. At least Miami earned it a little bit by beating Boston (injured Mil. and Ind. series were jokes).

the Lakers had the easiest walk to the Finals that I have seen.

Next year the Nets will be good. Next year the Warriors will be back to a certain extent. Next year the Clip will have some experience together and a coach that knows what he is doing. Next year a number of young teams will continue to improve.

This is LeBron's death knell this year. I cant believe that the run that he will haveh ad is playing a crappy and injured Blazers, the Rockets (which was at least respectable), the Nuggets coming off 2 7 game series who were gassed and crappy, and then the Heat who were no match for them before the injuries. I cant remember an easier road.

so- cmon Heat. Bam get healthy. LeBron choke. Please. End this freakshow of a season.

Who did you want the Lakers to face? A #1 seed usually gets the #8, #4, and #2 seeds. The Clippers couldn't get past those crappy Nuggets (your words), so they got the #3 instead of the #2. They beat the forever imploding in the playoffs Rockets handily and the hottest team in the bubble (Portland) in the first round, easily the toughest 8th seed in a while (and would've been a higher seed had the regular season been completed in full). At some point reason should kick in and tell you the Lakers are very good.

The Clips will still be the Clips. Playoff Peed will likely still shrink in primetime. Nets will be OK, but Kyrie ain't leading them anywhere; KD will have to put him in his place and lead instead. Warriors will definitely be back in the mix, provided everyone stays healthy. Oh, and we can ensure that the Cavs will still be underwhelming at best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A typical NBA Finals game has only competition from NHL playoffs potentially in a standard year. Baseball playoffs are a bigger draw as competition (NHL is usually on some random cable channel that nobody can find). Plus, too many racists don't feel equal treatment from the police is a worthy cause and can't wrap their heads around the protests.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am certainly not saying that Colin Kaepernick or LeBron or whoever else should "shut up and dribble"- What i am saying is that do it on your own time. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be to walk into your office and take a knee? lol. Sports is entertainment. The last thing anyone wants is to be preached to.

2nd- i dont even know why they play the national anthem at sporting events. Rather pointless if y ou ask me.

but if you want to preach and jam your opinions down my throat--- please do it on your own time so i can avoid it--- or a lot of people are just going to avoid watching the game at all- i dont care if its right or left or i agree or disagreee--- just do it on your own time. No one likes being preached to- especially by individuals who have very questionable resumes to be doing the preaching. Its certainly one of the reasons why ratings are in the toilet and its the worst rated NBA finals in NBA history TV wise.

IDGAF if people can't handle the message; it's a worthy one and was bargained as part of the agreement to even finish this season. If you can't ignore a slogan on the court or on the back of a jersey, I guess you can't be helped. It's really not that intrusive. Do you have similar issues with advertising on the jerseys?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I don't know"

Many have figured that out a while ago.

You said an awful lotta blah-blah-blah just to say you have an issue with sports right now. There's an easy solution. Don't watch. Then your problems would be solved. But knowing you you'd just find something else to bitch about.

You have an issue with things involving sports. Fuck you. I have an issue with innocent black people getting murdered. It's called bringing awareness to a problem in the country that's been going on for far too long. And over the past four years everything has gotten worse.

If you'd take a moment. Step back. And look at everything that's happening right now instead of focusing on how things only make you feel maybe you'd have a clue as to what's really going on. Things needs to change. And I applaud all sports leagues that have taken the steps to show it matters to them as well.