• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems out of character for him, and it was after the game was over (and really was in control for a while).

It is the nba finals and everyone had the heat getting swept after game 1. Is he not supposed to get excited? How many times have we seen lebron with a powerful dunk with the game in hand and getting excited? Heck AD in game 1 was yelling towards the family section with the Lakers up 25 or 30 in game 1 saying its over

Don't see the issue with players showing emotion in the nba finals. Not everyone is Kawhi Leonard

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the nba finals and everyone had the heat getting swept after game 1. Is he not supposed to get excited? How many times have we seen lebron with a powerful dunk with the game in hand and getting excited? Heck AD in game 1 was yelling towards the family section with the Lakers up 25 or 30 in game 1 saying its over

Don't see the issue with players showing emotion in the nba finals. Not everyone is Kawhi Leonard

Everyone? A bit of an exaggeration. From the beginning I expected this series to be like the other Lakers' series. 5 games, maybe 6. They lose intensity for a game, then recover. We'll see if the Lakers can turn it back on again as in the other rounds.

No problem with emotion. Looking like Snidely Whiplash when trying to look tough is ridiculously funny, however.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone? A bit of an exaggeration. From the beginning I expected this series to be like the other Lakers' series. 5 games, maybe 6. They lose intensity for a game, then recover. We'll see if the Lakers can turn it back on again as in the other rounds.

No problem with emotion. Looking like Snidely Whiplash when trying to look tough is ridiculously funny, however.

Once Bam and Dragic went out, everyone expected Miami to get swept. Before those injuries then yes you're correct, most said 5 or 6 games

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyword on Bam yet for tonight? I dont expect Dragic to come out unless its a Game 7

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDGAF if people can't handle the message; it's a worthy one and was bargained as part of the agreement to even finish this season. If you can't ignore a slogan on the court or on the back of a jersey, I guess you can't be helped. It's really not that intrusive. Do you have similar issues with advertising on the jerseys?

I don't really care for the protest stuff. I actually agree with Wiggy on that for the reasons I have stated. And to be fair, it's not like it's a "shut up and dribble" thing for him either.

I do agree with you, however, that it's not really intrusive. As I said earlier, it's certainly not enough for me to not watch. I also don't really notice it when the game is going on.

I saw an interview with Adam Silver where he said that the logos, etc. were a response to a unique situation and that fans should expect more of a "return to normalcy" starting next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you want the Lakers to face? A #1 seed usually gets the #8, #4, and #2 seeds. The Clippers couldn't get past those crappy Nuggets (your words), so they got the #3 instead of the #2. They beat the forever imploding in the playoffs Rockets handily and the hottest team in the bubble (Portland) in the first round, easily the toughest 8th seed in a while (and would've been a higher seed had the regular season been completed in full). At some point reason should kick in and tell you the Lakers are very good.

The Clips will still be the Clips. Playoff Peed will likely still shrink in primetime. Nets will be OK, but Kyrie ain't leading them anywhere; KD will have to put him in his place and lead instead. Warriors will definitely be back in the mix, provided everyone stays healthy. Oh, and we can ensure that the Cavs will still be underwhelming at best.

Yeah, that "they had an easy path" bullshit needs to stop. They didn't "have an easy path", they have made it look easy.

The Blazers were healthier for the playoffs than they have been since probably the middle of last season and they pretty well had everyone back by the time the playoffs started. They were also arguably the hottest team in the bubble not named the Suns. It's why they were considered to not be a true 8 seed.

The regular season Rockets turned into Playoff Rockets (a full team version of Playoff P) just like they do every year.

As for the Clippers. If they had lost Kawhi or PG or a couple of important players...then maybe a case can be made re: the Lakers not having to play them. But, they were completely healthy, they had a 3-1 lead and they choked. Plain and simple. Playoff P somehow managed to infect Kawhi.

They need to get rid of the name Clippers. The Seattle Choking Dogs seems like a good name for them right about now.

In short, they weren't good enough to get to the WCF. If they were, they would have.

I'm gonna be in sooooo much trouble for this post if @Mecca ever returns. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me again how Riley doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Tell me again how LeBron's legacy is ruined because he didn't get an injured Lakers team to the playoff last year. You're a fraud and always full of shit. And it took your sorry ass long enough to find the guts to show back up in the NBA threads. Oh yeah. And tell me again how the Cavs will turn things around before the Heat. Idiot.
Forgot about that one. Fair to say he got that wrong?

Also, it's amazing that he starts discrediting the Heat and Lakers about how all of the other teams are going to improve but these teams. Like Herro's not going to get better after this rookie year. Same with Bam.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you want the Lakers to face? A #1 seed usually gets the #8, #4, and #2 seeds. The Clippers couldn't get past those crappy Nuggets (your words), so they got the #3 instead of the #2. They beat the forever imploding in the playoffs Rockets handily and the hottest team in the bubble (Portland) in the first round, easily the toughest 8th seed in a while (and would've been a higher seed had the regular season been completed in full). At some point reason should kick in and tell you the Lakers are very good.

The Clips will still be the Clips. Playoff Peed will likely still shrink in primetime. Nets will be OK, but Kyrie ain't leading them anywhere; KD will have to put him in his place and lead instead. Warriors will definitely be back in the mix, provided everyone stays healthy. Oh, and we can ensure that the Cavs will still be underwhelming at best.
I never understood knocking a team for having an easy road. The Lakers don't get to chose whom to face in the playoffs. It's the Clippers' fault for not getting past the Nuggets, not the Lakers. And if you want an easy road, get the top seed. Problem solved.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about that one. Fair to say he got that wrong?

Also, it's amazing that he starts discrediting the Heat and Lakers about how all of the other teams are going to improve but these teams. Like Herro's not going to get better after this rookie year. Same with Bam.

Yep he was wrong yet again. Nothing new.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood knocking a team for having an easy road. The Lakers don't get to chose whom to face in the playoffs. It's the Clippers' fault for not getting past the Nuggets, not the Lakers. And if you want an easy road, get the top seed. Problem solved.

Great point. You never hear anyone giving the '15 Warriors any shit. Every team they faced in the playoffs that year had some kinda injury to a key player or two.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite clear that for the Lakers to take Game 4 and the rest of the series for the Championship, AD will have to be on attack mode and so will LeBron and everyone has to get back to playing defense which they did not do in Game 3.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

Watching the game tonight? :heh: I mean what you got going on grub-wise? Made some creme brulee earlier. Now I'm making some chicken and rice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite clear that for the Lakers to take Game 4 and the rest of the series for the Championship, AD will have to be on attack mode and so will LeBron and everyone has to get back to playing defense which they did not do in Game 3.

That foul trouble AD was in for game 3 really hampered his aggressiveness. No way in hell he only gets 5 rebounds tonight.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Trying a new keef cola from my dispensary right now, cherry. Surprisningly the taste isn't as bad as I thought. And I got some northern lights wax (75.5%) for the game tonight. Gonna get fuckered-up. Oh yeah!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/under 65 combined points for LeBron and AD?