• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for Lebron standards he wasn't that great.

The turnovers ruined his night. Otherwise it was a great game.

25, 10, & 8 on 9-16 shooting is a great game but of course all those turnovers turn a great game into just a ok game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the fact that even with all that happening the lakers had the lead in the 4th (May have been late 3rd) can't remember.

They made some tactical errors. I remember when you guys took the lead, the next 2-3 shots were from the roll players who just bricked their outside shots...Had AD or Lebron taken those shots and gone up 4-5 it would have been demoralizing for the Heat giving up that big of a lead. All in all i doubt that happens again

Yeah, I kept expecting Lebron or AD to say "Fuck this" and take over. But neither did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching a segment where he said Dak had a better season then Mahomes.

Shannon: Uhhh, Mahomes just won the Super Bowl and SB MVP. You don't get better than that.

Well,

The regular season Mahomes did not play very well. At least not close to his normal standard.

He had the injury and depressed stats as a result of playing hurt.

Not saying Skip’s right, but Mahomes could have had a better season for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely perplexing.......you sit a guy automatically to avoid MAYBE losing him later?

Yeah, it is bad strategy. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

The last 4-5 minutes are the most important of the game, but you can win or lose in the first 43 minutes too.

Coaches trend way too conservative on foul management in the first 43 minutes of games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, maybe if they take him the Bears ruin him and we never see how good he is. It's a team game, part of Mahomes' success comes from his coach and weapons on his team.

Yeah, no.

Part of his success comes from coaching. Sure.

He is too good to “ruin“ unless he just gets beat to hell.

Chicago has never had the weapons KC has for sure. But they aren’t talent starved. Mahomes would be a top 5 QB playing there too. Just maybe not the universal #1

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I kept expecting Lebron or AD to say "Fuck this" and take over. But neither did.

Pretty sure that happens in game 4.

Will be interesting to see if Bam returns. Could really change the dynamic of the series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggested starting lineup for Miami if Bam play is the following:

G- Butler
G- Robinson
F- Crowder
F- Bam
C- Leonard

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

The regular season Mahomes did not play very well. At least not close to his normal standard.

He had the injury and depressed stats as a result of playing hurt.

Not saying Skip’s right, but Mahomes could have had a better season for sure.

Well, ya, injuries definitely played a part. But he still threw for over 4000 yards last year.

I still think Dak's overrated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven’t had anything negative to say about LeBron in as long as I can remember, but I’m ok losing without him and continuing to build this team vs winning with him.
You're going to get down on someone for some in-game trash talk? You're going to have a team full of choir boy sissies.

I did find Herro's glare at the camera at the end of the game pretty funny. Who are these histrionics for? Family members? There's no fans in attendance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did find Herro's glare at the camera at the end of the game pretty funny. Who are these histrionics for? Family members? There's no fans in attendance.

Probably the same as Lebron's flexing, etc. Caught up in the excitement of the game, getting teammates fired up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the same as Lebron's flexing, etc. Caught up in the excitement of the game, getting teammates fired up.

Exactly. Are players not allowed to get excited because there's no fans?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly piling up the stats in garbage time this year.

Yup. If you watch Undisputed (I only see clips of it), Skip Bayless always argues that Dak's being held back. Meanwhile, in the Cowboys games, they usually start to fall into these deep holes where they have no choice to start throwing the ball.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heros Lip Curl was more funny than it was intimidating. he looks like a little boy out there. Glad he's on the Heat tho :) Seriously hope he shows up hard tonight to give Butler some help.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lowest rated NBA Finals in NBA history in this freakshow of a season. Just revolting. At least Miami earned it a little bit by beating Boston (injured Mil. and Ind. series were jokes).

the Lakers had the easiest walk to the Finals that I have seen.

Next year the Nets will be good. Next year the Warriors will be back to a certain extent. Next year the Clip will have some experience together and a coach that knows what he is doing. Next year a number of young teams will continue to improve.

This is LeBron's death knell this year. I cant believe that the run that he will haveh ad is playing a crappy and injured Blazers, the Rockets (which was at least respectable), the Nuggets coming off 2 7 game series who were gassed and crappy, and then the Heat who were no match for them before the injuries. I cant remember an easier road.

so- cmon Heat. Bam get healthy. LeBron choke. Please. End this freakshow of a season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lowest rated NBA Finals in NBA history in this freakshow of a season. Just revolting. At least Miami earned it a little bit by beating Boston (injured Mil. and Ind. series were jokes).

the Lakers had the easiest walk to the Finals that I have seen.

Next year the Nets will be good. Next year the Warriors will be back to a certain extent. Next year the Clip will have some experience together and a coach that knows what he is doing. Next year a number of young teams will continue to improve.

This is LeBron's death knell this year. I cant believe that the run that he will haveh ad is playing a crappy and injured Blazers, the Rockets (which was at least respectable), the Nuggets coming off 2 7 game series who were gassed and crappy, and then the Heat who were no match for them before the injuries. I cant remember an easier road.

so- cmon Heat. Bam get healthy. LeBron choke. Please. End this freakshow of a season.

How was the mil series a joke? They were down 3-0 with Giannis healthy lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock tweeted that a typical Friday NBA Finals game would bring 14-15 million viewers. 4.5 million watched. No one cares. Part of it is no crowd, part of it is the matchup is a joke, part of it is that the NBA has gone from being a sports league to propaganda. Part of it is people care more about baseball and football who are both ongoing right now.