• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Butler did was one of the best Finals performances I've seen. A trip-dub and 40 points on 20 shots with no 3's. But LeBron will come out for game 4 with a massive chip on his shoulder. Don't think he's had many back to back bad Finals games. He might put on a show.
I wouldn't say he played bad last night. He wasn't great but wasn't awful either

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Butler did was one of the best Finals performances I've seen. A trip-dub and 40 points on 20 shots with no 3's. But LeBron will come out for game 4 with a massive chip on his shoulder. Don't think he's had many back to back bad Finals games. He might put on a show.

Yeah, it was a great win for the Heat, but it was also something of a perfect storm. Basically, they needed 3 things to happen:

1. Great performance by Jimmy Butler: He came up with a 40 point triple double.
2. Lackluster performance from Lebron or AD: Early foul trouble had AD playing tentative. He took 9 shots in 33 minutes. Lebron had a bunch of turnovers.
3. They had to have the Lakers turn the ball over: The Lakers turned the ball over 19 times. Including 10 in the first quarter.

All 3 had to happen and all 3 did. Plus a general lackluster performance from the rest of the Lakers. Chances of all 3 happening 3 more times are pretty slim, imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a great win for the Heat, but it was also something of a perfect storm. Basically, they needed 3 things to happen:

2. Lackluster performance from Lebron or AD: Early foul trouble had AD playing tentative. He took 9 shots in 33 minutes. Lebron had a bunch of turnovers.
3. They had to have the Lakers turn the ball over: The Lakers turned the ball over 19 times. Including 10 in the first quarter.

All 3 had to happen and all 3 did. Plus a general lackluster performance from the rest of the Lakers. Chances of all 3 happening 3 more times are pretty slim, imo.

Agree with all you said. I don't see a repeat perforamance outta the Lakers for game 4. But obviously it would be a helluva lift for the Heat if Bam can get back on the floor.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bam comes back, Id like to see Kelly or Leonard play next to Bam. Sit Duncan when you do that. Hero can spread the d just as well as Duncan is.
I like this lineup, but the damage that Herro can do on the bench, Robinson can’t. I think we should go with it thou, with Kelly starting instead of Leonard

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this lineup, but the damage that Herro can do on the bench, Robinson can’t. I think we should go with it thou, with Kelly starting instead of Leonard

As much as duncan is struggling the lakers must guard him which opens the floor for Jimmy. Having just Herro out there gives the lakers a chance to pack the paint

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the fact that even with all that happening the lakers had the lead in the 4th (May have been late 3rd) can't remember.

They made some tactical errors. I remember when you guys took the lead, the next 2-3 shots were from the roll players who just bricked their outside shots...Had AD or Lebron taken those shots and gone up 4-5 it would have been demoralizing for the Heat giving up that big of a lead. All in all i doubt that happens again

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of Lebron

Just off the top of my head Kyrie's 41 and 40 point games on 70% fg and 72% from the 3 point vs GS comes to mind.

Or Tim Duncans quadrouple double

Those were some of the best i personally remember

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to haunt them for decades.

The thing is, maybe if they take him the Bears ruin him and we never see how good he is. It's a team game, part of Mahomes' success comes from his coach and weapons on his team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the fact that even with all that happening the lakers had the lead in the 4th (May have been late 3rd) can't remember.

They made some tactical errors. I remember when you guys took the lead, the next 2-3 shots were from the roll players who just bricked their outside shots...Had AD or Lebron taken those shots and gone up 4-5 it would have been demoralizing for the Heat giving up that big of a lead. All in all i doubt that happens again

Nothing "demoralizes" the Heat you dumdum.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, maybe if they take him the Bears ruin him and we never see how good he is. It's a team game, part of Mahomes' success comes from his coach and weapons on his team.

Oh definitely, Reid has to get some credit for Mahomes' development. Having said that, I never saw the hype with Trubisky. Being a Hurricanes fan, I got to see Trubisky since he was at UNC. Dude started for them for one year and really didn't have strong numbers. His failing in the NFL shouldn't be breaking news.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all hypothetical. What if the Lakers were instead missing 2 of their 3 top players in this series?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all hypothetical. What if the Lakers were instead missing 2 of their 3 top players in this series?

Trust me i know how you feel. I had this same argument when the Cavs in 2015 didn't have Kyrie and Love. Luckily, it was proven the following year.