• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe > LeBron

Taking the game over > deferring to your shitty teammates

51 points 8 rebounds and 8 assists isn't taking over the game apparently.

Maybe it only counts if you do it Kobe-style and go 8-39 from the field?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Are fouls typically reviewable calls?

The NBA just stated that in this particular case there was for the charging call (for reviewing if he was in the restricted area). And you had 1 ref call a blocking foul while the other called a charge.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see it as that cut and dried, then cool, thats a reasonable take.

I see it as a 50-50 call that could easily go either way live and either way after a review (and by the way Steve Javie - who gets paid to defend the refs - said he thought it was a charge not only live but after the game again on sportscenter).

To me it feels like an overturned NFL catch that didn't have solid evidence. Even forgetting for a moment that they legally had no cause to review the play, I still think its a sketchy overturn based on the play.
The toughest part of that call was that it was an overturn situation. That's brutal... it just never happens that way in the NBA.

However, I also think the ref's utimately got it right. LeBron's upper body was still moving to the right... that's what seals it for me.

I think all of us are used to LeBron getting the benefit of the call in big situations. That was also a surprising aspect of this... (this time around it was either him or Durant, though, so plenty of star power on each side of the equation)

I'm still miffed by the no call on LeBron's "block" (*cough*, hack down the arm) of Rozier in game 7 vs the C's.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By rule, if you leave the bench, yes.
Love started walking more towards it.
Hopefully they just say that he was walking on the court cause he thought the game was over ( even though thats not the case).

Yeah, Love really didn't do anything wrong. But again, I'd like to see how the NBA rules on this. Because you see guys even take a foot onto the court whom are on the bench and they get suspended if there's an altercation on the court.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughest part of that call was that it was an overturn situation. That's brutal... it just never happens that way in the NBA.

However, I also think the ref's utimately got it right. LeBron's upper body was still moving to the right... that's what seals it for me.

I think all of us are used to LeBron getting the benefit of the call in big situations. That was also a surprising aspect of this... (this time around it was either him or Durant, though, so plenty of star power on each side of the equation)

I'm still miffed by the no call on LeBron's "block" (*cough*, hack down the arm) of Rozier in game 7 vs the C's.

Ding ding ding

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are allowed to move and still be in legal guarding position and get a charge.

You just can't be moving forward.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Are fouls typically reviewable calls?
If the refs like to get it right, then yes.They review out of bounds plays right? If l remember correctly one ref called a charge and one ref called a blocking foul.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are allowed to move and still be in legal guarding position and get a charge.

Are you sure that LeBron was not moving forward?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When a defender's upper body is still moving at contact without the feet set underneath it... that is almost always called a blocking foul on the defense in every basketball game I ever watched.

Unless the offensive player pushed off or something, which didn't happen in this case.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you see guys even take a foot onto the court whom are on the bench and they get suspended if there's an altercation on the court.
Westbrook didn't though and his was way worse than what Love did, imo. He was given a fine and tech after the fact. I'd honestly be surprised if Love gets even that.

The rule was strictly followed at one time (as any Suns fan can tell you) but it hasn't been recently.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about "Lebron scored 50 and they still lost".

It loses some of its weight when you scan LeBron's scoring output from these playoffs and see:

46, 44, 45, 43, 42, 44, 46
He's normalizing greatness. When he scores "only" 40 you wonder why he had a bad game.

1b to Jordan's 1a

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook didn't though and his was way worse than what Love did, imo. He was given a fine and tech after the fact. I'd honestly be surprised if Love gets even that.

The rule was strictly followed at one time (as any Suns fan can tell you) but it hasn't been recently.

Yeah wasn't aware of that situation. Again, I don't think Love did anything wrong, I just see the letter of the law with the NBA in terms of players leaving the bench during an altercation. The only thing I could think of with Westbrook was that he was ready to check in - but I do agree, what Westbrook did was worse.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a defender's upper body is still moving at contact without the feet set underneath it... that is almost always called a blocking foul on the defense in every basketball game I ever watched.

Unless the offensive player pushed off or something, which didn't happen in this case.

His left foot was planted well ahead of time, establishing legal guarding position.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate for lebron is unreal

Strongly dislike Lebron. Having said that, the man just put up the 3rd best all-time single game Finals performance. I don't see how anyone could put up a modicum of blame on him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His left foot was planted well ahead of time, establishing legal guarding position.

That's how I see it. And he wasn't moving into Durant's space, imo, he was already squarely there, just moving slightly away if anything due to momentum, but with his feet planted.

Whatever. Its a bang bang call that if called live either way I wouldn't give it a second thought.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly dislike Lebron. Having said that, the man just put up the 3rd best all-time single game Finals performance. I don't see how anyone could put up a modicum of blame on him.

I even heard on the radio here in nyc this morning someone questioning his decision to pass it to a wide open George Hill who had an easy practice layup if Klay doesn't grab him