• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34049775_10216018220631281_8911898736511156224_n.jpg

:pound:

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ultimately got the call right, but that's somehow bad on the refs...

gotta love it...:tsk:

If you see it as that cut and dried, then cool, thats a reasonable take.

I see it as a 50-50 call that could easily go either way live and either way after a review (and by the way Steve Javie - who gets paid to defend the refs - said he thought it was a charge not only live but after the game again on sportscenter).

To me it feels like an overturned NFL catch that didn't have solid evidence. Even forgetting for a moment that they legally had no cause to review the play, I still think its a sketchy overturn based on the play.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see it as that cut and dried, then cool, thats a reasonable take.

I see it as a 50-50 call that could easily go either way live and either way after a review (and by the way Steve Javie - who gets paid to defend the refs - said he thought it was a charge not only live but after the game again on sportscenter).

To me it feels like an overturned NFL catch that didn't have solid evidence. Even forgetting for a moment that they legally had no cause to review the play, I still think its a sketchy overturn based on the play.

WILL give you it's a tricky call to make watching it at full speed...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was the only Cavs player off the bench. Again, you're on the bench and not in the game at the moment, why are you out on the court after a foul call?

I just said I saw he was already off the bench before the altercation. But by rule, he was off the bench for the skirmish. It's going to be interesting how the NBA decides.

There was a stoppage of play. Players come onto the court going into a stoppage of play all the time. Unlike Westbrook earlier in the playoffs (who did not get suspended by the way), he didn't see the skirmish and approach. He was already there, several feet onto the court, when it started, and the retreated.

If that was Draymond Green or Marcus Smart or Hitler I'd be saying no suspension. It would just be a bad idea to even think about punishing that regardless of who you're rooting for or whether you think Love helps or hurts the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that still shot of the video 2 coaches are clearly on the floor as well. Are they going to be suspended too?

By rule, if you leave the bench, yes.
Love started walking more towards it.
Hopefully they just say that he was walking on the court cause he thought the game was over ( even though thats not the case).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and crown the Warriors NBA Champions.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a stoppage of play. Players come onto the court going into a stoppage of play all the time. Unlike Westbrook earlier in the playoffs (who did not get suspended by the way), he didn't see the skirmish and approach. He was already there, several feet onto the court, when it started, and the retreated.

If that was Draymond Green or Marcus Smart or Hitler I'd be saying no suspension. It would just be a bad idea to even think about punishing that regardless of who you're rooting for or whether you think Love helps or hurts the Cavs.

Well, Hitler maybe. He had great handles.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that's going with "Cavs played awesome, Warriors played horrible, Warriors still won, the series is over", here are a few highlights from the box score for you:

• The Cavs three best 3-point shooters (Korver, JR, & Love) combined for 4/17 from 3. (23%)
  • The Cavs as a team took 20 wide-open 3 pointers (defender 6+ feet away) and made just 6 (30%).
  • This is the first game in over 4 months (Jan 25th) that Klay, Curry, & Durant all scored 24+
  • The Warriors non-all-star cast (everyone but Klay/Dray/Curry/KD) went 14/20 from the field (70%)
  • The Cavs supporting cast (everyone but Love/LeBron) went 16/47 from the field (34%)

So please tell me more about the Cavs played as well as they could and the Warriors played their worst.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Technically they maybe can't review that block/charge (which was a block), and technically maybe they have to suspend guys, but the correct outcome happened on the block and the correct outcome should happen on the aftermath of the end of game fracas (no suspensions)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that's going with "Cavs played awesome, Warriors played horrible, Warriors still won, the series is over", here are a few highlights from the box score for you:

• The Cavs three best 3-point shooters (Korver, JR, & Love) combined for 4/17 from 3. (23%)
  • The Cavs as a team took 20 wide-open 3 pointers (defender 6+ feet away) and made just 6 (30%).
  • This is the first game in over 4 months (Jan 25th) that Klay, Curry, & Durant all scored 24+
  • The Warriors non-all-star cast (everyone but Klay/Dray/Curry/KD) went 14/20 from the field (70%)
  • The Cavs supporting cast (everyone but Love/LeBron) went 16/47 from the field (34%)

So please tell me more about the Cavs played as well as they could and the Warriors played their worst.

Well, LeBron is the Cavs and he played the best he could. The Cavs supporting cast probably can't play better than 34% really. Iggy still out. Bottom line is there will be close games and blowouts but I don't see why this series isn't over in 5 still. Yes the Warriors got a couple of breaks (JR being the big one), and the Cavs are putting up a great fight, and if I'm a Cavs fan I hold on to what I can, but I just don't feel like the Ws are threatened.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Ty Lue...I'm realizing we somehow let one slip away..and I'm definitely giving Larry Nance Jr. more minutes in game 2.

If I'm Steve Kerr...I'm realizing we somehow dodged a bullet...and I'm definitely giving Javale McGee more minutes in game 2.