• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's with Lee Brown James' beard?

Guy's got some kind of black-Abraham-Lincoln-Amish-dude look going on.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a9TpuJR.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are pointing to the Pacers and Celtics taking the Cavs to 7 as evidence that the Warriors will dominate the series.

On the contrary, if the Cavs are able to make a competitive series out of the Finals, it will be in part thanks to the Pacers and the Celtics for pushing them and forcing them to play defense and figure out ways to score against tough scrappy defense.

I really think that going from the Celtics to the Warriors is going to feel like they've been un-cuffed offensively. Although, the other end of the floor is going to get much much tougher of course.
you are right.

Obviously, offensively, the challenge will go up 1000%. The Celtics offense was hideous at times. And TT and Nance are great matchups vs. Horford.

But- the Celtics had a ton of long, rangy, athletic, young, motivated defenders. Rozier, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Morris are all incredibly good defenders. They are all young, all well coached, they didnt make mistakes------ they absolutely stuck to Korver and Smith all series. They flew around the court

The Warriors dont have those type of athletes---- dont get me wrong- the Warriors are great defensively--- but Boston pushed the Cavs to 7 because of their abilities to switch, their youth, energy, defensive ability.

JR and Korver will have opportunities they didnt have vs. the Celtics- as will Hill.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR and Korver will have opportunities they didnt have vs. the Celtics- as will Hill.

Exactly. Korver talked about how going from Indiana to Toronto, all of a sudden he had so much space and so many more shot opportunities. It will be similar going from Boston to GSW.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....the Lakers arent even the kings of their own arena.

being a 2nd class citizen to the LA Clippers has to be rather humiliating. lol.

Not sure what you're talking about. Just ask Mecca.

Los Angeles will always be a Laker city, not a Clipper city.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr actually said the words "we would have won the series in 5 if Iggy played".

Him thinking that isn't surprising, but him saying that out loud to reporters is pretty surprising to me.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cavs......anybody wanna bet?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think if LeBron went to a team with 2 top 10 players in their prime like Harden and CP3--- (well CP3 is fringe at this point) it would be interesting.

Agree. Definitely would be interesting. But with CP3 and Lebron being 33, that seems like it would end up being an awful lot of minutes. Plus, with CP3's injury history, it would be pretty risky.

One things for certain though, they wouldn't be missing 27 straight 3's like they did last night.

I think in that situation I could see him playing more off the ball and trying to win a DPOY.

But you said Lebron would never play off ball.