• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk it up to his age and offensive load. There is just no way that he can defend like he used to and carry the load on offense like he does.

Defensively, he reminds me a lot of Kobe when he got old. He steps up defensively in spurts. When they have to have a stop. But he's not playing much defense the rest of the time.

I'll say this, if I have to have a defensive stop/shut down the opponents best player late to win a game...I'd be very happy to take my chances with Lebron.

You two need to get a room to watch the game tonight lol

#hacked

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your definition is too light.

That is what you need to be a championship contender. An all star is roughly a top 30 player. Nothing special about fringe allstars.

Super teams are special. It requires the combination of 2 superstars + at least 1 all star caliber player. There have not been that many in the history of the league, because it is difficult to do. By your definition there have been 2-3 superteams a year since 2008. That is crazy.

Here are teams from this season that may have qualified as super teams under your definition:

Golden State
OKC
Cleveland (Love + IT)
San Antonio (Leonard, Aldridge, Gasol)
houston (2 elite players + 2 more top 50 players)

Sorry, but only GS is a super team on this list.

I'm talking about in-prime all stars.

On paper, Cleveland had fit that criteria (when they had Irving, not IT). Love just didn't produce to what he did in Minnesota.

OKC at the time of having Harden and KD weren't a super team because Harden wasn't yet the player he was now.

Same with SA, Gasol was well past his prime once he got to the Spurs. I don't count him as an all star anymore. It'd be the same if Bosh rolled out of retirement and Wade comes on 1 more year to join Lebron in a hypothetical situation in Miami again. Neither Bosh nor Wade are what they were in 2011, so I wouldn't count that as a super team.

Houston's also not a super team - 2 all star players - albeit both in or around the top 10. They're just really good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt need to.
They all contributed whatever they could, as does Tristan.

You pick on their entire roster(s), you just switch players based on your mood.

James had to do less here, so help had to come from somewhere.
LOl you could say that about anyone

Kyrie Irving contributed whatever he could.

lol....unreal...the butt hurt is STRONG with you!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://94feetreport.com/lebron-james-the-most-unreliable-defender-in-the-nba-ef8bf4c819dd

@WiggyRuss , comments?

@ChiefsLakers67 @Heatles84 @bksballer89 @trojanfan12

Can you even imagine how many thousands of words we’re spared because of the word James vs Whiteside in this story?

People always give me the side eye when I say Lebron's in a decline (albeit steady). He used to put up great consistent numbers while being 1st team all defense and being a candidate for DPOY. He can't do that anymore given the miles he's got. But this is what annoys me the most in the last couple of years where everyone keeps pointing out his ridiculous numbers - is that they refuse to acknowledge what goes on the defensive end.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People always give me the side eye when I say Lebron's in a decline (albeit steady). He used to put up great consistent numbers while being 1st team all defense and being a candidate for DPOY. He can't do that anymore given the miles he's got. But this is what annoys me the most in the last couple of years where everyone keeps pointing out his ridiculous numbers - is that they refuse to acknowledge what goes on the defensive end.
if say LeBron went to hOuston and let CP and Harden run the offense and concentrated on defense- i think he could win DPOY.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if say LeBron went to hOuston and let CP and Harden run the offense and concentrated on defense- i think he could win DPOY.

Hard to say at this juncture. It's one hell of a hypothetical. Sure the skill set is there as I felt he should've won it in 1 of the years in Miami. But who knows at his age.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOl you could say that about anyone

Kyrie Irving contributed whatever he could.

lol....unreal...the butt hurt is STRONG with you!

Pretty much can say that about anyone.
Thats my point.
If James is getting the other teams attention, role players like Tristan can contribute.

Seems like you just want to argue to argue.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like if he was of that mindset he could have let Kyrie run the Cavs offense more.

I agree though that if wants to go to Houston he’s going to have to change parts of his game, for at least parts of the game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much can say that about anyone.
Thats my point.
If James is getting the other teams attention, role players like Tristan can contribute.

Seems like you just want to argue to argue.
my whole point is that TT is FAR AND AWAY BETTER than scrub as journeyman like Anderson, Anthony and Haslem. No one in their right mind could possibly dispute that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gmab

i will never have any respect for any fan that roots for teams from 3 different cities. You are as big a fraud as Durant.

lmfao, am i reading this right...?

you think somehow i give a rat's ass that i have YOUR respect...?!!

SERIOUSLY...?!

cue the fuckin' laugh track...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

hate the fact that i'm telling the truth...?

not my problem, buttercup...:lol:

that "fraud's" probably gonna end his career with more rings than you "King", lord, and master...

and it chaps you soft hide...:D

gotta love it...

is what it is, sonny boy...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stop downplaying the losses as James vs the Super Team.

James has been trying to stack the Cavs since before he even announced he was going back.
He just got beat at his own game.

Exactly.

Seems Cavs fans want to have it both ways. Just because Lebron got "outstacked" doesn't mean he hasn't stacked his teams.

If we're playing Poker and I have a straight flush...that's a great hand.

If you come up with a Royal Flush...I can't exactly complain that I was dealt a crappy hand.

Lebron left Cleveland because he was unable to stack his teams. So, he went to Miami where he could.

Then, when he felt the run in Miami was over, he went back to Cleveland and stacked that team.

But, the Warriors outstacked him. Had they not, suffice to say that Cavs fans would be here talking about their dynasty.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your definition is too light.

That is what you need to be a championship contender. An all star is roughly a top 30 player. Nothing special about fringe allstars.

Super teams are special. It requires the combination of 2 superstars + at least 1 all star caliber player. There have not been that many in the history of the league, because it is difficult to do. By your definition there have been 2-3 superteams a year since 2008. That is crazy.

Here are teams from this season that may have qualified as super teams under your definition:

Golden State
OKC
Cleveland (Love + IT)
San Antonio (Leonard, Aldridge, Gasol)
houston (2 elite players + 2 more top 50 players)

Sorry, but only GS is a super team on this list.

Yeah but All-Star player before can be mistaken for all-star player NOW.

Melo isn’t an all-star caliber player anymore imo
IT and Love aren’t all-star players now. (Well IT could be after injury but on the Cavs he wasn’t)
Gasol is done. No way he is an all-star player
Houston only has two stars or all-star players.

Yeah like you said, GS is definitely the only SUPER team in the league THIS year, actually for awhile now. Even with Lebron and Kyrie, Love was too inconsistent and wasn’t an all-star caliber player imo.

If Houston gets one more all-star they could be the next super team or maybe Boston in the future pr Philly in the future depending on the moves they make and Simmons and Embiid.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors win the series but the Cavs win tonight. I think GS is over confident and then Durant makes his comments about there won't be any drama in this series makes me think the Cavs will be more prepared. Plus Cleveland has had an extra days rest.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but All-Star player before can be mistaken for all-star player NOW.

Melo isn’t an all-star caliber player anymore imo
IT and Love aren’t all-star players now. (Well IT could be after injury but on the Cavs he wasn’t)
Gasol is done. No way he is an all-star player
Houston only has two stars or all-star players.

Yeah like you said, GS is definitely the only SUPER team in the league THIS year, actually for awhile now. Even with Lebron and Kyrie, Love was too inconsistent and wasn’t an all-star caliber player imo.

If Houston gets one more all-star they could be the next super team or maybe Boston in the future pr Philly in the future depending on the moves they make and Simmons and Embiid.

Exactly.

And, not all allstars are created equal.

A team with 2 legit superstars and a couple high quality role players is a lot closer to superteam status in than a team with 1 superstar and 2 all-stars to me.

Houston isn't a super team, but they are closer than Cleveland ever was in my book. Who that second guy is is vital to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to bring Love off the bench the entire series and matchup against Looney or Bell. Start TT and have Green guarding KD.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all super-teams when being compared to the majority of NBA teams.