• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While some have raised concerns that the lack of parity -- the Warriors and Cavaliers are the first teams in any of the four major North American sports to meet in four consecutive championship games or series -- has hurt the NBA, the numbers tell a different story. The league's average attendance of 17,987 per game in 2017-18 was an all-time high, and the recently completed conference finals were the league's most watched in six years and second-most watched in the past 16 years, according to Nielsen data shared by the NBA on Wednesday.

When James was asked specifically if it was good for the NBA to have the same two teams in the Finals four years in a row, he said, "You've got to ask Adam Silver."

This is probably the only time in our lifetimes we see 2 teams face eachother 4 straight times. This is what rivarly is all about. There are still some rivalries in the NBA based on tradition but that have gotten weak over time---- but this is a true We dont like them- they dont like us- we keep facing eachother rivalry BUILT on actually playing eachother.

People can point to like for instance the Celtics/Lakerse rivalry which was revived there for a while with Kobe/KG etc--- that has kinda died now that the Lakers have sucked and the Celtics have kind of ascended.

Cavs/Warriors is easily the best rivalry going in the NBA today. King James vs. The Super Team.

whether James has 4-7 games left as a Cav or 400-700 games left as a Cav- what a freaking ride this has been. Truly unbelievable.

Its the same length ride as he had here if he leaves.

And stop downplaying the losses as James vs the Super Team.

James has been trying to stack the Cavs since before he even announced he was going back.
He just got beat at his own game.

Remind us of when the last time was that a team traded the #1 pick ( and Wiggins was predicted to be a stud) and the major perks of a rookie scale salary for a player who makes a veteran max.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the same length ride as he had here if he leaves.

And stop downplaying the losses as James vs the Super Team.

James has been trying to stack the Cavs since before he even announced he was going back.
He just got beat at his own game.

Remind us of when the last time was that a team traded the #1 pick ( and Wiggins was predicted to be a stud) and the major perks of a rookie scale salary for a player who makes a veteran max.

simply preparing his runner-up speech...

you know...

"it's been fun"...

"what a ride"...

"it's all about the journey"...

you don't actually think he's going to admit "we haven't got a chance", or "KD shot my team's chances to Hell, the bastard", do you...?:dhd:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense.
Cavs had Kyrie on the improve and most people were over rating Love.
He wasnt leaving the East.
He thought he was sitting pretty for years.

If you recall, the Warriors were not predicted to be very good not too many years back.
They developed draft picks and then got lucky with the Curry contract that Durant could be added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-2014-15-title-odds-for-all-30-teams.amp.html

@WiggyRuss,
You can ‘bullshit’ all the posts you want.
It doesnt change the FACT that my memory was correct.
Warriors 25-1, Cavs 5-2 favorites.

Sin City's pick at this point is, indeed, the Cleveland Cavaliers. As the last four years have shown, if you play in the East and LeBron James is on your team, you're probably going to wind up in the Finals.

To be sure, that's not a given for these Cavs. They still have much to prove, including (but certainly not limited to) how their star-studded parts will fit together, whether they'll be able to stop anybody on defense and what David Blatt will be like as a head coach in the NBA after all the success he enjoyed abroad.

The field in front of Cleveland might not be a cinch, either. The Bulls bring experience and defensive toughness to the table and figure to score their fair share with Derrick Rose back and Pau Gasol in the mix. The Wizards and Raptors should both be better, and the Heat, Hornets and Nets could all be surprisingly good.

On the whole, though, the Cavs' path out of the Eastern Conference should be a cakewalk compared to the bloodbath that awaits the West's best.”

#timevindicates

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you know...

"it's been fun"...

"what a ride"...

you don't actually think he's going to admit "we haven't got a chance", or "KD shot my team's chances to Hell, the bastard", do you...?:dhd:

Its funny how butt hurt he is.
Jab after jab at Curry/Durant but goes into such a defensive mode trying to protect his King ( when hes on the Cavs).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he loses, my opinion is people will view him exactly the same after this season as they did before it.

So, that being said, and watching him have to kill himself playing every game and a TON of minutes = wasted season.

No chance.

Last year when the GOAT discussions came up, very few were willing to attach LeBron's name to it. That has changed. Even if he gets swept.

Also, before this season most had LeBron at 4. If we do another all time top 10 list after the season, I can almost guarantee that he comes in at 2 with a healthy share of first place votes. He has played 100 games and counting and produced arguably his best statistical season of his career along with truly epic playoff production and multiple game winning buzzer beaters.

Yes, regardless of what happens in this series, LeBron's status has increased. So much so, that I believe it vastly increases his chances of staying in Cleveland, because he knows he doesn't have to win more rings to surpass MJ. Maintaining status quo for a few more years might just be enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-2014-15-title-odds-for-all-30-teams.amp.html

@WiggyRuss,
You can ‘bullshit’ all the posts you want.
It doesnt change the FACT that my memory was correct.
Warriors 25-1, Cavs 5-2 favorites.

Sin City's pick at this point is, indeed, the Cleveland Cavaliers. As the last four years have shown, if you play in the East and LeBron James is on your team, you're probably going to wind up in the Finals.

To be sure, that's not a given for these Cavs. They still have much to prove, including (but certainly not limited to) how their star-studded parts will fit together, whether they'll be able to stop anybody on defense and what David Blatt will be like as a head coach in the NBA after all the success he enjoyed abroad.

The field in front of Cleveland might not be a cinch, either. The Bulls bring experience and defensive toughness to the table and figure to score their fair share with Derrick Rose back and Pau Gasol in the mix. The Wizards and Raptors should both be better, and the Heat, Hornets and Nets could all be surprisingly good.

On the whole, though, the Cavs' path out of the Eastern Conference should be a cakewalk compared to the bloodbath that awaits the West's best.”

#timevindicates
what the hell are you even talking about?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance.

Last year when the GOAT discussions came up, very few were willing to attach LeBron's name to it. That has changed. Even if he gets swept.

Also, before this season most had LeBron at 4. If we do another all time top 10 list after the season, I can almost guarantee that he comes in at 2 with a healthy share of first place votes. He has played 100 games and counting and produced arguably his best statistical season of his career along with truly epic playoff production and multiple game winning buzzer beaters.

Yes, regardless of what happens in this series, LeBron's status has increased. So much so, that I believe it vastly increases his chances of staying in Cleveland, because he knows he doesn't have to win more rings to surpass MJ. Maintaining status quo for a few more years might just be enough.

I had him 2, I still do.
Its a tired debate IMO, but its not changing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://94feetreport.com/lebron-james-the-most-unreliable-defender-in-the-nba-ef8bf4c819dd

@WiggyRuss , comments?

@ChiefsLakers67 @Heatles84 @bksballer89 @trojanfan12

Can you even imagine how many thousands of words we’re spared because of the word James vs Whiteside in this story?
does that surprise you at age 33 with the load he carries offensively? It sure does not surprise me.

That being said--- I am pretty sure any coach in the world would want LeBron James out there guarding someone with 2 minutes left in a close playoff game- while your boy would have his ass stapled to the bench while whining the whole time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you know...

"it's been fun"...

"what a ride"...

gmab

i will never have any respect for any fan that roots for teams from 3 different cities. You are as big a fraud as Durant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said and you bullshitted.
14-15 season most felt the Warriors wouldnt be very good.
when the hell did i say they would be?

I said if LeBron wanted to stack the deck to the absolute max he could have gone a lot better places than the Cavs. That is still 1000% true. Unfortunately one of those options WAS DEFINITELY not staying in Miami and playing for El Cheapo and the 79MPH fastball Riley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a lot of fun....

last 2 teams dancing for the 4th straight year---- we will never see anything like this again. Lets all enjoy it.

Well- lol--- I mean right now....assuming leBron stays--- i actually would say its the most likely scenario again next year...lol.....that would crack me up if we got a 5th straight!!! there would be some massive conniption fits around here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Tristan the Cavs would not be preparing for a Game 1 right now that is for sure.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that surprise you at age 33 with the load he carries offensively? It sure does not surprise me.

That being said--- I am pretty sure any coach in the world would want LeBron James out there guarding someone with 2 minutes left in a close playoff game- while your boy would have his ass stapled to the bench while whining the whole time.

I believe Jordan was all nba defense at that age.
Didnt he achieve all NBA 1st team 9 times?

Nobodys comparing James to Whiteside.

Some here are saying that if James loses this season, he’s accomplished something great which narrows the perceived gap.

I disagree. Nothing changed.

If he wins these Finals, things def change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jordan was all nba defense at that age.
Didnt he achieve all NBA 1st team 9 times?

Nobodys comparing James to Whiteside.

Some here are saying that if James loses this season, he’s accomplished something great which narrows the perceived gap.

I disagree. Nothing changed.

If he wins these Finals, things def change.
special...gold star for you. lol

hey you can pick at LeBron all you want--- the guy just played in his 100th straight game and is without a doubt the best player in the league. Of course he will take possessions off here or there. At 33 he already has played more games than MJ EVER PLAYED. If he took full games off like DG insisted he should he would get criticizsed too--- it comees with the territory of being the BEST.

LeBron has been the best player in the league far longer than Jordan ever was. LeBron's longevity and consistency will absolutely SMASH Jordan's by the time his career is over--- already he has surpassed Jordan consistency and longevity wise.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Tristan the Cavs would not be preparing for a Game 1 right now that is for sure.

Yes they would.
Tristan had nothing to do with all the bricks the Celtics layed in game 7.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would.
Tristan had nothing to do with all the bricks the Celtics layed in game 7.
nope- sorry....if you actually watched the games youd know this

if TT broke his leg the day before the playoffs started the Cavs would be home fishing right now.