• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
special...gold star for you. lol

hey you can pick at LeBron all you want--- the guy just played in his 100th straight game and is without a doubt the best player in the league. Of course he will take possessions off here or there. At 33 he already has played more games than MJ EVER PLAYED. If he took full games off like DG insisted he should he would get criticizsed too--- it comees with the territory of being the BEST.

LeBron has been the best player in the league far longer than Jordan ever was. LeBron's longevity and consistency will absolutely SMASH Jordan's by the time his career is over--- already he has surpassed Jordan consistency and longevity wise.

Me picking?
I reposted fact.
Lol at taking off a ‘posession here or there’.

I always defend James in these discussions and have had him at 2 already.
If he loses, hes still there.

How is that me knocking him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope- sorry....if you actually watched the games youd know this

if TT broke his leg the day before the playoffs started the Cavs would be home fishing right now.

I mean if Kendrick Perkins is your next best option, maybe you’re right.

Guess Cavs shouldnt have overpaid James posse?

Maybe they’d have some depth on the roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if Kendrick Perkins is your next best option, maybe you’re right.

Guess Cavs shouldnt have overpaid James posse?

Maybe they’d have some depth on the roster.
hey i just know that TT stepped up huge for the Cavs.

he is just a winning player. He plays hard, never complains, and knows his role. You wont find him whining after the game about his playing time and being a detriment to the team.

He lost his job for a time to Nance. He never complained- never whined about playing time. He stayed ready- cheered on his teammates- and when his number was called he performed.

His effort in Game 7 against hte Pacers helped save the season.

His defense against Al Horford changed the whole complexity of the Boston series.

The guy is simply a winning player- a guy that you want in your fox hole. You cant say that about everyone in this league. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance.

Last year when the GOAT discussions came up, very few were willing to attach LeBron's name to it. That has changed. Even if he gets swept.

Also, before this season most had LeBron at 4. If we do another all time top 10 list after the season, I can almost guarantee that he comes in at 2 with a healthy share of first place votes. He has played 100 games and counting and produced arguably his best statistical season of his career along with truly epic playoff production and multiple game winning buzzer beaters.

Yes, regardless of what happens in this series, LeBron's status has increased. So much so, that I believe it vastly increases his chances of staying in Cleveland, because he knows he doesn't have to win more rings to surpass MJ. Maintaining status quo for a few more years might just be enough.

Who is most?

List of people who had him at 4 and now 2?

I think you are mixing your preception with others.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how excited I am about the finals.....

512591.vresize.350.425.medium.35.png

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is just a winning player. He plays hard, never complains, and knows his role. You wont find him whining after the game about his playing time and being a detriment to the team.

He lost his job for a time to Nance. He never complained- never whined about playing time. He stayed ready- cheered on his teammates- and when his number was called he performed.

His defense against Al Horford changed the whole complexity of the Boston series.

The guy is simply a winning player- a guy that you want in your fox hole. You cant say that about everyone in this league. lol.

If hes all that, then how do you lose your minutes to Nance to begin with?

Horford was very good at home, bad on the road. Thats just who he is.

Lets see how Tristan steps up now.
If they go down like last year, hes just another lamb being lead to slaughter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“he is just a winning player. He plays hard, never complains, and knows his role. You wont find him whining after the game about his playing time and being a detriment to the team”

Couldn’t that same quote be applied to U.D. , Birdman or Anthony when James was here?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“he is just a winning player. He plays hard, never complains, and knows his role. You wont find him whining after the game about his playing time and being a detriment to the team”

Couldn’t that same quote be applied to U.D. , Birdman or Anthony when James was here?
except Thompson is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than those scrub-ass journeyman. None of those guys has NEAR the impact TT cna have on a game.- and has had on a LOT of games.

double doubles in BACK To BACK Finals? I mean cmon.

none of those guys could impact a series like TT just had on the Boston series with his defense of Horford. What a difference from the first 2 games to the next ones once Lue really started playing TT big minutes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude LeBron's legacy is cemented if he got in a car accident and had his leg amputated tomorrow.

Of course he wants to win and will kill himself to win---- but its all upside for him at this point. You have heard the narratives for the last month---- he has dragged this team to the Finals.....this could be his greatest accomplishment just getting there......He has never played better at the age of 33......etc. etc. etc.

Id love for the Cavs to win- and i am sure LeBron will kill himself trying- but its all gravy right now--- dude 3 months ago the guy was worried about making the playoffs. lol.

He just beat Boston in their house in a Game 7....he just made his FIFTH buzzer beater to win a playoff game. He has scored 40 points in what? 7 playoff games?

Yeah, I have to agree.

Lebron is the only reason anyone picked the Cavs to make it this far. You can put any other current star player on this team and they aren't making the finals.

Imo, Lebron can only help his legacy at this point. I don't think there's any way he can hurt it. Even if he has a horrible series and the Cavs get swept, most would likely chalk it up to carrying this team this far finally wearing him down.

About the only criticism he might receive (other than from blind haters) would be that he shouldn't have played all 82 in the regular season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only criticism he might receive (other than from blind haters) would be that he shouldn't have played all 82 in the regular season.
he is damned if he does- and damned if he doesnt

the year Griffin insisted he rest and took games off he got a lot of criticism....this year he goes Iron Man and plays in a 100 straight games and people are critical of his minutes.

The haters will always find a reason to knit pick.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except Thompson is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than those scrub-ass journeyman. None of those guys has NEAR the impact TT cna have on a game.- and has had on a LOT of games.

double doubles in BACK To BACK Finals? I mean cmon.

none of those guys could impact a series like TT just had on the Boston series with his defense of Horford. What a difference from the first 2 games to the next ones once Lue really started playing TT big minutes.

Hes so much better that he lost his minutes to Nance lol.

Im done with this, but lets not forget, the opponent is focused on James and the shooters on the court.
Nobody gameplans or worries about Tristan.
Teams gladly live with him being the offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the year Griffin insisted he rest and took games off he got a lot of criticism....this year he goes Iron Man and plays in a 100 straight games and people are critical of his minutes.

How is saying he was and still is #2 nitpicking?

Please explain.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answer of course is that there is a balance

that winning rings on your terms is important to a players legacy.

No one is going to respect LeBron and give him as much credit if say him and CP3 take the minimum so George AND LeBron can sign in Houston and win a championship. LeBron would NEVER pass Jordan that way no matter how many titles he won.

LeBron would NEVER pass Jordan in any reasonable "greatest of all time" argument if he went to Golden State and reeled off 4 more titles on a team with 4 other all stars.

Its the narrative. Its HOW its done. We wouldnt be talking about LeBron as the greatest of all time right now if in Miami for his two titles he was pissing down his leg while Wade and Bosh did the heavy lifting. We wouldnt be talking about LeBron as maybe the greatest of all time right now if the Cavs somehow won the lotto the FOLLOWING year and had Anthony Davis in addition to Love and Kyrie was happy as Robin and they reeled off a ton of titles

the HOW is just as important as the number. Paul Pierce and Dirk each won 1 title but no one says Robert Horry is the better player.

Agree again.

At first I wanted to disagree. But part of the GOAT argument and one thing that Lebron tends to get downgraded for is the perception that he "team hopped" to try to stack the deck to win titles.

That plays against the perception (they didn't have the freedom todays players have, so we don't know what they'd have done.) that guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. defiantly refused to switch teams/join forces because they wanted to beat each other.

If Lebron started taking minimums just to play with the Warriors, Rockets or whoever...it would make that perception vs. MJ, etc. even worse and might actually hurt his legacy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah unfortunately, that's the way it works when you're the best in the game.

I think there are a lot of people who, years from now, will be wishing they had appreciated what they're seeing a little more.

I don't like the guy, but I love basketball played at a high level and Lebron is the best in the game right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes so much better that he lost his minutes to Nance lol.

Im done with this, but lets not forget, the opponent is focused on James and the shooters on the court.
Nobody gameplans or worries about Tristan.
Teams gladly live with him being the offense.
dude-- birdman and haslem and anthony sucked balls.....they barely even played and when they did they were garbage journeyman bit role players.

Thompson helps change series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude-- birdman and haslem and anthony sucked balls.....they barely even played and when they did they were garbage journeyman bit role players.

Thompson helps change series.

The Heat won 14 of 16 series when James was here.

You’ve ripped the Heats roster over the years including Wade and Bosh, yet James has been asked to do more there.

Too funny.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this is all Lebron's fault if you think about it. If he wasn't such a whiny bitch about being called a bitch, then crying to the league to have Draymond suspended for something he clearly instigated, KD wouldn't be on the team. He would have just taken the L on the series and probably had a much better shot of dethroning whoever was the top team right now. Warriors would have locked Barnes into a long term contract after the season because KD wasn't going to come to the Warriors after they won back to back titles.

Also if KD doesn't go to the Warriors, the Cavs have a much better shot at repeating after 2016. You probably don't get Kyrie to request a trade and you have a dynasty on your hands.

So it's actually all Lebron's fault you probably won't be able to retain Lebron and have a chance for more championships.

All true but you know that was the postseason where Draymond’s ball obsession was at an all-time high. He would have found pleasure somewhere else, whether it was JR, TT or mix it up a little and go Love. I mean he did go after Adams, he must like those Aussie balls.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat won 14 of 16 series when James was here.

You’ve ripped the Heats roster over the years including Wade and Bosh, yet James has been asked to do more there.

Too funny.
i noticd you didnt say shit about birdman or anthony or haslem in that post---- because you KNOW for a fact that Thompson destroys those bit-player journeyman scrubs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://94feetreport.com/lebron-james-the-most-unreliable-defender-in-the-nba-ef8bf4c819dd

@WiggyRuss , comments?

@ChiefsLakers67 @Heatles84 @bksballer89 @trojanfan12

Can you even imagine how many thousands of words we’re spared because of the word James vs Whiteside in this story?

I chalk it up to his age and offensive load. There is just no way that he can defend like he used to and carry the load on offense like he does.

Defensively, he reminds me a lot of Kobe when he got old. He steps up defensively in spurts. When they have to have a stop. But he's not playing much defense the rest of the time.

I'll say this, if I have to have a defensive stop/shut down the opponents best player late to win a game...I'd be very happy to take my chances with Lebron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i noticd you didnt say shit about birdman or anthony or haslem in that post---- because you KNOW for a fact that Thompson destroys those bit-player journeyman scrubs.

Didnt need to.
They all contributed whatever they could, as does Tristan.

You pick on their entire roster(s), you just switch players based on your mood.

James had to do less here, so help had to come from somewhere.