• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick was saying he thinks Lebron may stay in Cleveland one more year to see what happens with the #8 pick and how the Lakers/Sixers develop.
thats what i always thought was the most likely scenario. Give the Lakers one more year to clear out the garbage--- actually have their pick next year as an asset etc....maybe be able to move Deng as he would only have 1 year left after next year . etc.

See what hte Cavs can do--- let the Cavs see how guys like Clarkson, Nance, Hill, maybe Hood can do with a full year of continuity.....see what hte 8th pick becomes.

I mean- if the Cavs hit a home run and can add a mcccollum and sign a solid guy with the mini mid level - i dont see why he would leave the Cavs in the short term.

after that though- it gets kidn of itneresting because if he sticks around 1 more year in clevleand, the following year they have OODLES of cap room.

i mean who really knows.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i always thought was the most likely scenario. Give the Lakers one more year to clear out the garbage--- actually have their pick next year as an asset etc....maybe be able to move Deng as he would only have 1 year left after next year . etc.

Lakers have their pick? I thought he didn't want to be around a young squad and they'd trade them all for vets?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Cleveland to be competitive in this series and have a chance to win games:

They will have to play great defense.
George Hill will need to stay aggressive and not shy away from open shots. He also guards Curry and is a good defender so he needs to make Curry drive the ball.
Love, Jeff Green, JR Smith, and Korver especially will have to hit their open shots, Clarkson off the bench as well.
They will have to crash the boards: TT, Lebron, Green and Love.
Love will have to play like a legit All-Star.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See what hte Cavs can do--- let the Cavs see how guys like Clarkson, Nance, Hill, maybe Hood can do with a full year of continuity.....see what hte 8th pick becomes.

I mean- if the Cavs hit a home run and can add a mcccollum and sign a solid guy with the mini mid level - i dont see why he would leave the Cavs in the short term.

after that though- it gets kidn of itneresting because if he sticks around 1 more year in clevleand, the following year they have OODLES of cap room.

i mean who really knows.

Yeah, when he left the Cavs the 1st time, it was pretty clear it was Cleveland or Miami. The same when he returned.

This time, there are several teams that are in different "stages".

The Lakers have a good young core, but they have to add another max guy, because even with Lebron by himself (which isn't happening), they're a couple of years away assuming the young core keeps developing.

The Sixers appear ready to win, but will only adding Lebron be enough to get them past a fully healthy Celtics, not top mention the Warriors or Rockets (if the Rockets can get some depth)?

If he, CP3 and Harden can get things figured out, that could be a helluva trio, especially if they can keep Capela. But what will they do for a bench?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Cleveland to be competitive in this series and have a chance to win games:

They will have to play great defense.
George Hill will need to stay aggressive and not shy away from open shots. He also guards Curry and is a good defender so he needs to make Curry drive the ball.
Love, Jeff Green, JR Smith, and Korver especially will have to hit their open shots, Clarkson off the bench as well.
They will have to crash the boards: TT, Lebron, Green and Love.
Love will have to play like a legit All-Star.
The Cavs need to be dominant on the boards in this series---- Looney and Bell are trash--- if and when they play Love, Nance and Thompson need to kick their ass on the boards.

if they dont play- Draymond is their "big" and that presents some issues for them rebounding if he is their only big

its about the only advantage i really see besides LeBron-- the Cavs on the boards.....slow it down , grind it out, get some 2nd chance opportunities...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need to be dominant on the boards in this series---- Looney and Bell are trash--- if and when they play Love, Nance and Thompson need to kick their ass on the boards.

if they dont play- Draymond is their "big" and that presents some issues for them rebounding if he is their only big

its about the only advantage i really see besides LeBron-- the Cavs on the boards.....slow it down , grind it out, get some 2nd chance opportunities...

Another HUGE key, is limited TO’s and transition points and this might be the toughest thing to do and virtually impossible with this W’s team. The Cavs have way too many TO’s could be a key

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I already expect the Cavs to lose, I am excited and my expectations are as low as they csn be so it’s good from my POV bc I am not as nervous. I know once the game starts and the Cavs start playing sloppy and missing open shots and I will start screaming at the TV though so even if the Cavs are huge underdogs it still would suck to lose this series, obviously.

It just seems like all the pressure is on the W’s (more than ever) but that’s how it has been for the last 4 years so they are used to it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I already expect the Cavs to lose, I am excited and my expectations are as low as they csn be so it’s good from my POV bc I am not as nervous. I know once the game starts and the Cavs start playing sloppy and missing open shots and I will start screaming at the TV though so even if the Cavs are huge underdogs it still would suck to lose this series, obviously.

It just seems like all the pressure is on the W’s (more than ever) but that’s how it has been for the last 4 years so they are used to it.
hey there is no pressure on them thats for sure--- toa certain extent they can play free and loose and go for it

maybe they have one of those games in the first 2 where everything is falling and they can somehow steal one

i just want them to somehow, someway get to a game 6 in Cleveland--- most likely result is Warriors in 5, but if the Cavs can get 2 out of the first 5 games- then it gets interesting.

they really need to slow the warriors down (easier said then done), use their size advantages, let LeBron do his thing- and hopefully hit their 3's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no. We can just stretch him this offseason.
i dont think you stretch him until you get commitments from 2 max guys

if u dont get 2 commitments you let him ride--- no point not too

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you stretch him until you get commitments from 2 max guys

if u dont get 2 commitments you let him ride--- no point not too

We don't have room for 2 max guys, unless we stretch him is my understanding.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey there is no pressure on them thats for sure--- toa certain extent they can play free and loose and go for it

maybe they have one of those games in the first 2 where everything is falling and they can somehow steal one

i just want them to somehow, someway get to a game 6 in Cleveland--- most likely result is Warriors in 5, but if the Cavs can get 2 out of the first 5 games- then it gets interesting.

they really need to slow the warriors down (easier said then done), use their size advantages, let LeBron do his thing- and hopefully hit their 3's.

I mean getting to a Game 6 possibly would be icing on the cake, getting back to the home crowd to possibly force and Game 7 would be the perfect scenario just would be an impossible task against the most talented and greatest shooting team we have ever seen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have room for 2 max guys, unless we stretch him is my understanding.
thats what im saying---- you get the verbal commitments and then stretch him--- if you arent getting 2 guys no point in stretching him if you are gonna sit on the cap space another year

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what im saying---- you get the verbal commitments and then stretch him--- if you arent getting 2 guys no point in stretching him if you are gonna sit on the cap space another year

Oh okay.

*Goes to get a refill of coffee*

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no. We can just stretch him this offseason.

Depending on how things play out, they may be better served trading that pick.

It's unlikely to be a difference maker type player, especially if the Lakers made the playoffs.

If Lebron decides to stay 1 more season in Cleveland...the Lakers could, in theory, add PG and re-sign Randle this year, trade that pick and Deng's contract next year and have the cap space to add Lebron or another max guy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick was saying he thinks Lebron may stay in Cleveland one more year to see what happens with the #8 pick and how the Lakers/Sixers develop.

That's a very likely scenario. On the flip side though, I just don't see how a rookie is going to alleviate the work load from Lebron this coming season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see if that Gilbert email story is true and James walks effectively saying FUCK YOU.

It'd be a bit of heavy drama this summer.