• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those teams are over-rated - granted that the best they would be is a seventh or 8th seed. Much will depend on if Lonzo Ball is the real deal or if he is a faker. Lakers would have made the playoffs this year if it hadn't been for the injuries.
if Ball just becomes an avg. shooter instead of the worst shooter in the league that would help immensely....he may get there--- itll take time---- Kidd eventually got a jump shot after a few years.....I saw Andy Varejao go from a terrible shooter to a solid shooter about half way through his career----- LeBron went from an awful shooter to a pretty darn good shooter a few years in.....definitely a lot of examples of guys that dramatically improved their shots but it usually took a few years......maybe 4-5 years from now when Lonzo is just about entering his prime he will have gotten a decent shot--- that seems a reasonable time line. He can do a lot this year from just going from simply awful to bad----- if he gets his % about 40% that would at least be improvement and get him more in line with what bad guards shoot instead of being the very bottom of the league. If he shot 40% from the field this year and 32% from 3 those would be major major improvements.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Ball just becomes an avg. shooter instead of the worst shooter in the league that would help immensely....he may get there--- itll take time---- Kidd eventually got a jump shot after a few years.....I saw Andy Varejao go from a terrible shooter to a solid shooter about half way through his career----- LeBron went from an awful shooter to a pretty darn good shooter a few years in.....definitely a lot of examples of guys that dramatically improved their shots but it usually took a few years......maybe 4-5 years from now when Lonzo is just about entering his prime he will have gotten a decent shot--- that seems a reasonable time line. He can do a lot this year from just going from simply awful to bad----- if he gets his % about 40% that would at least be improvement and get him more in line with what bad guards shoot instead of being the very bottom of the league. If he shot 40% from the field this year and 32% from 3 those would be major major improvements.

Lonzo's not the worst shooter in the league. He's definitely in the bottom half.

But I'd take a look at Ben Simmons as an example. At least Lonzo shoots 3's, Simmons doesn't even shoot anything beyond 10 feet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo's not the worst shooter in the league. He's definitely in the bottom half.

But I'd take a look at Ben Simmons as an example. At least Lonzo shoots 3's, Simmons doesn't even shoot anything beyond 10 feet.

I based that comment on the fact that lonzo had the worst FG% for any player with 500 or more attempts in the league this year. He is a guard too - obviously - i would hope a guard COULD shoot better than a big

I mean- the free throw % out of a guard is something that is just truly unfathomable. I dont htink we have ever seeen a Hack-a-Shaq on a guard in the NBA- but last yaer he was at that level.

I am sure Ball is a better shooter than a ton of bigs who had a great FG%- but then again- you dont see those guys shooting shots that he cant make. Thats part of the deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Superteams: Up, up and away!
superteams.png

The 2017 NBA Finals was the 35th in league history to feature at least five All-Stars from that same season. We took the player efficiency ratings from each of the All-Stars from those 35 series and added them up to create a "star-studded rating."

Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love -- all in their primes -- added up to 157.2, the best among that group and slightly ahead of the 1962 clash between the Lakers and Celtics, making it the most star-studded Finals in league history.

-- Micah Adams

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bout three weeks ago, Marcus Thompson of The Athletic reported that the two sides originally discussed a deal while the team was in China back in October.

On Tuesday afternoon, Damon Bruce of 95.7 The Game asked Klay's father, Mychal, where things stand.

"Klay definitely wants to play his whole career in Golden State and the Bay Area -- there's no question about that," Mychal explained. "He loves it up there ... loves the fans.

"But let's just say that negotiations will probably continue in the summer of '19."

Innnnnnteresting.

Klay will make just under $19 million next season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in July 2019.

The four-time All Star's future will be a hot topic of conversation in a couple weeks.

For now, just enjoy the NBA Finals...

closer he gets to FA- the better chance he leaves if you ask me---- It will be very interesting to see what happens. I still think there is ZERO chance they carry all 4 guys for more than next year and MAYBE the year after if they decide to keep Klay over Dray.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25. Cavs-Warriors IV
So how rare is this rivalry?

Since 1980, teams that reach the NBA Finals have gone back the following year about 42 percent of the time (31 of 74). Square that and you get a 17.5 percent chance of a Finals rematch, or about one in every six years. (Indeed, there have been seven rematches in the past 37 years.)

Based on those percentages, you'd expect the same Finals matchup three years in a row about once every 32 years. It's a little surprising it had never happened before the Cavs and Warriors the previous three years.

We'd expect teams to meet four consecutive times in the Finals only once every 185 years. And with Cleveland and Golden State both winning Game 7s on the road, they've made history again -- four consecutive Finals matchups have not only never happened before in the NBA, but never in MLB, NFL or NHL history either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody into the new fad? Cockroach milk.....gives you 3 times the energy as normal milk. Allegedly.

I won't be indulging.....sounds absolutely disgusting.

Tried to, but the udders were too small for my fingers. :dhd:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bout three weeks ago, Marcus Thompson of The Athletic reported that the two sides originally discussed a deal while the team was in China back in October.

On Tuesday afternoon, Damon Bruce of 95.7 The Game asked Klay's father, Mychal, where things stand.

"Klay definitely wants to play his whole career in Golden State and the Bay Area -- there's no question about that," Mychal explained. "He loves it up there ... loves the fans.

"But let's just say that negotiations will probably continue in the summer of '19."

Innnnnnteresting.

Klay will make just under $19 million next season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in July 2019.

The four-time All Star's future will be a hot topic of conversation in a couple weeks.

For now, just enjoy the NBA Finals...

closer he gets to FA- the better chance he leaves if you ask me---- It will be very interesting to see what happens. I still think there is ZERO chance they carry all 4 guys for more than next year and MAYBE the year after if they decide to keep Klay over Dray.

To me keeping Thompson over Green would be stupid.

Green plays more of an important role. Facilitator, rebounder, defender, and can score when needed. It'd be harder to replace him than Thompson IMO.

And yes I realize Thompson is also an important defender for them, but Green runs that offense, allowing Curtry to shoot and not have to worry about being a pass first PG because he isn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the West? id say maybe you got a shot at a 7 or 8 in the East if things break right-- but in the West? cmon man.

It's hard to say.

The Lakers finished with 35 wins this season and that was with Ingram and Ball missing a combined 53 games.

If they had them for those games, I'd think they could find 5 or so more wins putting them in the 40-42 win range this past season. Doesn't get them to the playoffs, but puts them in the hunt most of the season.

With natural development and health, they may be able to get in at the 7 or 8 spot. The biggest separation between the East and the West is at the top of the conferences not the bottom.

Of course, the biggest question would be with what 1 year type vets they signed and how well they fit in. They'd have to get that part right.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Championship Finals Schedule 2018:
Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

(All games start @ 6pm Pacific...9pm Eastern) TV: ABC

Game 1: Thursday, May 31st, @ Golden State
Game 2: Sunday, June 3rd, @ Golden State
Game 3: Wednesday, June 6th, @ Cleveland
Game 4: Friday, June 8th, @ Cleveland
Game 5: Monday, June 11th, @ Golden State*
Game 6: Thursday, June 14th, @ Cleveland*
Game 7: Sunday, June 17th, @ Golden State*

*If needed

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the West? id say maybe you got a shot at a 7 or 8 in the East if things break right-- but in the West? cmon man.

Why not? We would have won 40 games easily if Ball and Ingram hadn't gotten hurt.

The natural pogression of the kids next season is worth another 3-5 games on top of that and that doesn't include us signing any major free agents.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say.

The Lakers finished with 35 wins this season and that was with Ingram and Ball missing a combined 53 games.

If they had them for those games, I'd think they could find 5 or so more wins putting them in the 40-42 win range this past season. Doesn't get them to the playoffs, but puts them in the hunt most of the season.

With natural development and health, they may be able to get in at the 7 or 8 spot. The biggest separation between the East and the West is at the top of the conferences not the bottom.

Of course, the biggest question would be with what 1 year type vets they signed and how well they fit in. They'd have to get that part right.

Fucking

:ninja:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? We would have won 40 games easily if Ball and Ingram hadn't gotten hurt.

The natural pogression of the kids next season is worth another 3-5 games on top of that and that doesn't include us signing any major free agents.
i am not sure

i still think that LA isthe 2nd most likely destination for LeBron when all is said and done--- and this is fluid asi think so many things can effect it---- but right NOW

id guess- LeBron odds

1. Cleveland- 35%
2. LA- 25%
3. Philly- 20%
4. Houston- 20%

of course if PG resigns in OKc, if the Cavs get swept, if the Cavs can make a move, if Philly goes after PG or Kawhi instead, if CP3 and Harden put on the full court press to get him. etc....things can really change.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Spurs might be in rebuild mode.....the Thunder and Blazers might be very different next season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Ball just becomes an avg. shooter instead of the worst shooter in the league that would help immensely.

Hell, he doesn't even have to be average. He just has to be good enough to make teams hesitate a little before leaving him to double someone else.

Make them go from wanting him to shoot it to at least saying "uh oh, he might actually hit one." lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think that LA isthe 2nd most likely destination for LeBron when all is said and done--- and this is fluid asi think so many things can effect it---- but right NOW

Dan Patrick was saying he thinks Lebron may stay in Cleveland one more year to see what happens with the #8 pick and how the Lakers/Sixers develop.