• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are allowed to move and still be in legal guarding position and get a charge.

You just can't be moving forward.
This is not true, you have to be set, period.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually JR's only the 3rd person at fault in this situation tbh.

First person at fault: Steve Kerr. He told the players to take a timeout immediately after either a rebound or a make. In that situation, you put in rebounders. He did not. He left the small lineup out there and they missed the rebound.

Second person at fault: KD. Didn't box out worth shit. This honestly is becoming a theme with him. He missed a ton of these in the Houston series. His rebounding is the one aspect of his game I'm starting to get annoyed with right now.

Well if you want to blame the Warriors you can but you move Kerr to 2nd and KD to 3rd.

Hill has to make that free throw. He is 80%. Make it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rules expert on the radio today said Silver has been a lot less strict about this than Stern was. He thinks Love won't be penalized.

The way this series has started out I expect Love and TT to be suspended. They have to bring Perkins out and he put Dray in a wheelchair

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny how they were literally gifted two games in that Pacers series & there was nothing wrong with that. But here, the call goes against LBJ & suddenly the refs are incapable of officiating. Cavs/LBJ fans are something else. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually JR's only the 3rd person at fault in this situation tbh.

First person at fault: Steve Kerr. He told the players to take a timeout immediately after either a rebound or a make. In that situation, you put in rebounders. He did not. He left the small lineup out there and they missed the rebound.

Second person at fault: KD. Didn't box out worth shit. This honestly is becoming a theme with him. He missed a ton of these in the Houston series. His rebounding is the one aspect of his game I'm starting to get annoyed with right now.

KD didn't have a good game last night. At all.

That man needs to get eviscerated in this series.

Right now as it's setting up (after 1 game of course), if the Warriors were to win the series, this is how I'd ranking the Finals MVP:

Lebron/Curry (Lebron's going to probably average close to 40 ppg this series, that may be enough)
Klay
Durant (and Love is not that far behind him).

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody goes to the LeBron Cavaliers saying they want to win, but he goes to other teams because he wants to win

"anybody need a Robin?"

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny how they were literally gifted two games in that Pacers series & there was nothing wrong with that. But here, the call goes against LBJ & suddenly the refs are incapable of officiating. Cavs/LBJ fans are something else. lol
To be fair all fans do this and if these same things happened to the Warriors we'd be pretty mad too.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this series has started out I expect Love and TT to be suspended. They have to bring Perkins out and he put Dray in a wheelchair

Steve Kerr been keeping his ace in the hole Zaza ready. First time Perk subs in a game you can bet your ass Zaza going in, lol.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone earlier mentioned the name J.R. Hill.

Who is that exactly!?

The least clutch player of all-time?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see Kardashian getting suspended because he basically tried to punch Draymond.

I'll be surprised if Love gets suspended.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you. But I'm hearing different this morning in that some on TV are saying that as long as the defender's feet are set and he has established position he is good. I did not know that if that is true. James clearly leaned into Durant's path and as for the review, bottom line is they got the call correct and that should always be the goal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Kardashian getting suspended because he basically tried to punch Draymond.

I'll be surprised if Love gets suspended.

I hope neither gets suspended TBH. It's the finals, shit happens. Again unless it's super egregious, fine him at worst and move on.

The only interesting thing here is really Love's situation. This exact situation happened with the Suns and Spurs with Robert Horry and Steve Nash. The NBA suspended Amare (maybe someone else too) for the following game after leaving the bench. They didn't even join in the altercation.

That would be a huge slap in the face to that Suns team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that's entirely correct. For example, a defender can be moving parallel to the offensive player and if the offensive player moves into him, then it's a charge.

On the play last night...

Blocking was the correct call. So, the refs, imo, did get it right.

Having said that though...charging was the initial call and I didn't see enough evidence to overturn that call.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBRondo

you're not a PG. Try to win

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh.. Enough of the blocking call already. The game was evenly fair all night long. Blame Lebron for having to be carried by 4 guys all night long if you want to blame someone. 51 points isn't entirely difficult if you sit there like a tree stump on D.

GS: 20 FTA / 18 Personal Fouls
Cavs: 22 and 18

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope neither gets suspended TBH. It's the finals, shit happens. Again unless it's super egregious, fine him at worst and move on.

The only interesting thing here is really Love's situation. This exact situation happened with the Suns and Spurs with Robert Horry and Steve Nash. The NBA suspended Amare (maybe someone else too) for the following game after leaving the bench. They didn't even join in the altercation.

That would be a huge slap in the face to that Suns team.

I agree. I don't want to see anyone get suspended. The reason I'll be surprised if Love gets suspended is because I think/hope that the NBA has learned it's lesson from that Suns/Spurs game.

Kardashian on the other hand, threw what can only be described as a punch and that's usually automatic suspension.

I hope the league exercises some common sense. The game didn't seem particularly chippy before that, so I don't think there's any message that needs to be sent at this point.