• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what you think that your gonna see any team in the Finals from the East besides LeBron and the Cavs for the foreseeable future? NOT LIKELy

like i said- get used to it---- not even losing Irving and Love 2 years ago could keep the Cavs out of the Finals....

you will be watching LeBron and KI in the NBA Finals for years to come. Start to embrace it- hate it- whatever---- just accept it.

Cocky, cocky, cocky. Perhaps true, but Karma is a bear. Injuries and good fortune have surrounded Lebron for years. Would not jinx it if I were you.......that is why they play the games. Also, making it to the finals and winning the finals is a totally different story particularly if KD goes to the Warriors which is a real possibility.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh things change from year to year in the NBA

ya know what doesnt?

LeBron making the Finals. 6 straight- and it will run up to at least 8 straight before all is said and done. Maybe more.

yeah ok el predicto...:L

and i'll continue to laugh every time he fails to get a ring and YOU'LL switch teams again when it happens...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sasha Kaun? Somebody is over matched here.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cocky, cocky, cocky. Perhaps true, but Karma is a bear. Injuries and good fortune have surrounded Lebron for years. Would not jinx it if I were you.......that is why they play the games. Also, making it to the finals and winning the finals is a totally different story particularly if KD goes to the Warriors which is a real possibility.

:10::10::10:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
betting LeClown would LOVE to have Kobe's ring count...:lol:

No doubt. And everybody is assuming the Cavs make it again next season.....when FA hasn't occurred and the season hasn't occurred. LeBron is great (no doubt about that) but he has a lot of mileage and injuries will occur at some point and he has 2 teammates who have a HISTORY of injuries.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sasha Kaun has a better finals record than Karl Malone.

When Kobe does what Lebron just did, leading everyone in everything in a Finals matchup with the best statistical team of all-time, you let me know.

Oh wait, he's done.

Try and keep up, junior. We're talking superstars.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Across the Field DURING THE FINALS?

:pound:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. And everybody is assuming the Cavs make it again next season.....when FA hasn't occurred and the season hasn't occurred. LeBron is great (no doubt about that) but he has a lot of mileage and injuries will occur at some point and he has 2 teammates who have a HISTORY of injuries.

eh, no worries. if the Cavs come up short again next season these fools will disappear like good little roaches when the light hits 'em...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts are gonna be a threat down the line...maybe not next year quite yet....but i think your right that they ahve the right coach, assets and gm to be a threat once the team comes together and gets the right mix. I could see that developing into a mini rivalry once again.

I just want them to get better faster. Although I think the current Celtics roster has reached it's potential. Hopefully they make the right decisions on draft day & I'd like to see Ainge change up the roster before next year tips off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has gotten some bad luck with his teammates being injured- but knock on wood (and i did) not himself.

If LeBron had a catastrophic injury and was out for a season - yah- no chacne the Cavs make the Finals. LeBron is not a mere mortal though. HE is a freak of nature.

Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Wilt, LeBron, Trout, Jordan, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Barry Bonds, .....probably add 2-3 more guys---these are the best ATHLETES of all time in our 3 major US sports. LeBron is a physical freak. The normal rules DO NOT apply. He is just not comparable to his peers. You cant judge him on the same scale- he breaks the scale.

what other guys do you think deserve to be on that list?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try and keep up, junior. We're talking superstars.
Kobe was a part of 5 championship teams, yet was only MVP of 2.

Lebron has been the MVP of all 3 championships he's won, putting together the greatest Finals performance in history this season and arguably should have been the MVP last season in a losing effort.

Kobe is an awesome sidekick, but he's not The Man. That would be Lebron.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He loves using the facepalm icon when proven wrong. :lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Across the Field DURING THE FINALS?

:pound:

TOLD ya this idiot was a Johnny-come-lately...

as much of a fucking coward as Wiggy...only kinda worse in a way...

Wiggy's gone out of his way to being annoting for two years. where the hell's THIS fool been...?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I have no context to judge their play historically. All I have is the fact that over 100 games, the Warriors scored a shitton of runs, and then when they played the Cavs they didn't.

I've acknowledged that there may be something other than great Cavs D that stopped that offensive juggernaut, but "because I watched the game" is not the answer.

In my opinion, @gordontrue and @CitySushi sushi are the best posters I've seen on this thread. We've got Gordo's opinion. Now, would City weigh in? Was the Cavs defense in the finals nothing special?

The Cavs defense perimeter defense was EXCELLENT. That's what really frustrated the Warriors. It wasn't so much that they eliminated the 3 point shot, but they also pressed up harder on the wings, making simple side to side action much more difficult. That usually helped kill at least a few more seconds of the shot clock, which made the Warriors have to rush their offense. Rushing their offense caused more individual one on one play because of the reduced shot clock.

The Cavs made a game plan to force the Warriors to the hoop and the Warriors didn't take advantage of this. Aside from Lebron's weakside help, there wasn't any interior presence as a shot blocker. What the Warriors didn't do was take advantage of the overplay's and try to get a few more back door looks. And honestly, this is where Bogut was sorely missed. In a lot of games this year, teams employed this same tactic, but Bogut was used as the safety valve because teams play off of him. The Warriors would dump the ball to him in the high post and he would hit cutters going back door. Unfortunately he wasn't able to hold his own on defense in this series so he was pulled from a few games and he missed the last game and a half completely. It's also why Draymond being out game 5 was critical too, because of his passing.

The Cavs defense wasn't so much lock-down, as it was strategic planning. They executed the game plan very well and it caused the Warriors some frustration. All year long the teams that gave the Warriors the most trouble were the teams who had solid athletic wings, with size. With Lebron, Shumpert, JR, Kyrie(he did amazing I thought), Jefferson, etc., they were able to press up on the guards. I thought their defensive game planning resembled a lot of what the Celtics did to the Warriors in the game they beat them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron has been the MVP of all 3 championships he's won, putting together the greatest Finals performance in history this season and arguably should have been the MVP last season in a losing effort.

LeBron is a hybrid of Magic and Pippen. Kobe is the closest thing to MJ.

If James had played with Shaq? He'd be a sidekick also.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe was the sidekick on 3 titles as everyone knows.

I love Kobe- think he is top 10 of all time---- if LeBron got in a plane crash tomorrow- i think his and Kobe's resumes would be hotly debated. 3 Finals MVP's and 4 regular MVPs speak very loudly when compared to 2 finals mvps and 1 mvp...but - ill SAY debatable...even if i dont really think it myself....i can make allowance for the argument.

however- LeBron is 31. He will far eclipse Kobe before all is said and done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has gotten some bad luck with his teammates being injured- but knock on wood (and i did) not himself.

If LeBron had a catastrophic injury and was out for a season - yah- no chacne the Cavs make the Finals. LeBron is not a mere mortal though. HE is a freak of nature.

Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Wilt, LeBron, Trout, Jordan, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Barry Bonds, .....probably add 2-3 more guys---these are the best ATHLETES of all time in our 3 major US sports. LeBron is a physical freak. The normal rules DO NOT apply. He is just not comparable to his peers. You cant judge him on the same scale- he breaks the scale.

what other guys do you think deserve to be on that list?

What other guys deserve to be on the list? I can think of only one...Swaggy P!

Status
Not open for further replies.