• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you on this. Thing is, I think pulling a dead relative excuse is the ultimate bitch move when it comes to avoid taking slack from random people on an internet forum.

DJ probably is right, he's interacted with Wiggy far before I have. But who knows? I usually err on the side of caution with shit like this. If Wiggy's making it up, than that shit's on him. I won't take that chance on giving someone shit and calling him out when it could be that his grandmother actually passed away.

that's reasonable. STILL, there's a matter of the shit he's been talking for 2 solid years running. not trying to be TOO much of a dick here, but as you and I BOTH know real life shit happens to EVERYBODY. it ain't like I've never lost a loved one before...and a HELLUVA lot sooner imo than they deserved to go...

all i'm saying is if you're gonna talk the talk, better be prepared to walk the walk...

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I don't know about anyone else....

But, I'm giving him the business if the Cavs lose.

One thing doesn't cancel out the other.

I believe weeks back he said it was his 88 year old grandfather who was ill.
While any death is a tragic loss, it can't be that unexpected.

My father is that exact age, and I tell him all the time, don't buy green bananas.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I DO get that, Mecca. but it seems she ain't the only one who ain't buyin'...

look, I get where you're comin' from, but even DJ was saying this guy has some shaky history and imo where there's smoke, there's fire...

not trying to start anything with anybody. just takin' it really with a grain of salt...

I was on F@nnation too and Russ was a ass hole.

I don't remember the death thing. But, I have never known DJ to out and out lie about anything.

I just see a disconnect with this logic.

He told us about his sick relative while the Cavs were chilling waiting for the Finals.

Do I think he tucked ass and stayed away to avoid the trolling?

Hell yes :lol:.

My issue is saying he's lying about a sick relative to gain sympathy he is NEVER going to get.

I actually like him and I am going to give him the BUSINESS.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I don't know about anyone else....

But, I'm giving him the business if the Cavs lose.

One thing doesn't cancel out the other.

Yeah.....I back off from my previous stance. Wiggy's been irritating the shit out of me and other posters. If it were the other way around, he'd lay into me. I'll have to return the favor, so long as the Dubs win of course.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotcha. I think most people do.

It takes 4 "fights" to win the series.

Cavs have absolutely proven that they can win a fair "fight" because they've done it. Whether they'll be able to win 2 more is yet to be determined.

Agree.

They can win a battle on a game by game basis.

But, they can't win the War that is a 7 game series.

That's what we are down too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who We Are | By Richard Jefferson

Gold

someone tell me this season hasnt been amazing.

We were 15 guys sitting around his big dining room table. In the middle of the meal, he stood up and addressed each guy in the room. He pointed out something that each player brought to the team, and explained how it was going to be vital if we wanted to win a championship. And he gave each one of us a memento, a little gift. I won’t share what exactly it was because it was a team thing. But it wasn’t anything big. I think it just struck us all in that moment how special a position we were in. Bron was saying to us, “We can only do this if we do it together. That’s all that matters.”

Great little story. ^^^And this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 15 guys sitting around his big dining room table. In the middle of the meal, he stood up and addressed each guy in the room. He pointed out something that each player brought to the team, and explained how it was going to be vital if we wanted to win a championship. And he gave each one of us a memento, a little gift. I won’t share what exactly it was because it was a team thing. But it wasn’t anything big. I think it just struck us all in that moment how special a position we were in. Bron was saying to us, “We can only do this if we do it together. That’s all that matters.”

great article by RJ.....really worth the read. Pretty cool. Been a helluva journey- lets hope it can last a couple more days.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well....outside of game 3, they haven't been doing it together. Only reason the Cavs are in the situation they're in now is Kyrie and Lebron both had beyond amazing games in game 5.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this off of CBSSports.com...

Welcome to the last stand in Cleveland. The Cavs have one chance to push the NBA Finals to a Game 7 in the Bay vs. the Golden State Warriors. It took a super-human effort in Game 5 from LeBron James and an otherworldly scoring binge from Kyrie Irving, with Draymond Green out, just to force this series back to the Midwest.

The Warriors closed out the Finals last year in the Q and can repeat the celebration with a victory Thursday while the Cavaliers hope to do something no team in NBA history has done: come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals.

Here's a look at everything there is to know about Game 6.

THE BIG PICTURE
We have a series ... kind of?

So the Cavaliers won and forced Game 6. They've now won as many games as they won last year in the Finals, so at least they didn't take a step backward in that department. After Game 4, it looked like a complete blowout domination by Golden State. The Cavaliers seemed to have no counters for what the Warriors could do.

The problem is that after Game 5, the same things remain true.

The Cavaliers didn't make adjustments to win Game 5. They didn't find lineups that suddenly gave the Warriors issues or find a strategy that gave Golden State fits. They won the game, and did so behind heroic efforts, but this is how they won it:

• The Warriors missed 19 of 22 3-pointers in the second half. The best shooting team by effective field goal percentage of all time missed 19 3-pointers in the second half alone.
  • Kyrie Irving scored 41 points, mostly off contested isolation shots that defied the imagination.
  • LeBron James put together arguably his best playoff game ever, probably his best Finals game ever.
  • Draymond Green was out with suspension, unable to impact James defensively or wreak havoc with energy and effort.
That's really it. We can credit the Cavs, and really James and Irving, for what they did, for their defense and execution, but those elements are really what Game 5 came down to.

If the Warriors win Game 6, then it was a blip on what was an inevitable march over the Cavs to the title. If Cleveland wins, however, it's going to be a matter of a remarkable effort to overcome so much disadvantage in talent and execution. The series has gone six, but I'm not ready to call it a series yet. We have to see if the Cavs can pull one more rabbit out of their hat.

The Kyrie Slot Machine

Irving took 14 shots in Game 5 considered "contested" by NBA.com's SportVU data. He made 10 of those shots. Monday was a reminder of exactly how incredible he is as a tough shot maker. Irving may be the second-best tough shot maker in the league behind Stephen Curry.

However, the thing about tough, contested iso shots isn't the ability of a player like Curry or Irving to make them, it's the ability to replicate the performance. In Game 5, the slot machine came up triple cherries for Irving and the result was a performance LeBron called the best he has ever seen.

Can he do it again?

That's what most of this series comes down to. Last year, James carried the Cavaliers despite the odds and his individual brilliance helped the Cavs win two games. This year, the Cavs have to hope the same happens with James and Irving. They need Irving to put together mind-boggling games four times in a row vs. the tightest defense. It's not that it's impossible.

It's just not probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.