• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that its a weak mentality for coaching staff and players to have. They should be have the attitude that they'll beat who ever walks out onto the court no matter who it is. They should really want to beat the team at their best.

But for a front office to lobby for one side of a decision. Its just smart, imo.

I agree with this and it's part of the usual process and protocol.....but the cavs went way overboard in the media to plead their case.
The incident in question did not warrant the outcome....the punishment didn't fit the alleged crime.

The pt. system is flawed. The NBA exceeded their bounds.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is getting all nuanced about the language of rules and whether Cleveland has any ground to stand on for asking for another game. But, that is not the issue at all.

It would all be a non-issue if Green could simply resist the urge to keep making contact with another dudes junk repeatedly.

How freaking difficult can it possibly be?? It seems like that should be the first rule of basketball.

He should sit a freaking year if it happens again. Enough is Enough.

I have a question about your Spurs.

If you can't get Conley or Durant , would they consider Rondo or Howard?

I'd pay money just to see what Pop does the first time Rondo gives him attitude in the huddle.

The SPurs have always been good with reclamation projects.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and it's part of the usual process and protocol.....but the cavs went way overboard in the media to plead their case.
The incident in question did not warrant the outcome....the punishment didn't fit the alleged crime.

The pt. system is flawed. The NBA exceeded their bounds.

FTR... while I think that Draymond has mostly himself to thank for the suspension (3 of his 4 flagrant points were lenient if anything)... I personally think the proper penalty was a tech. Looks more like a tech than a flagrant foul to me.

I just don't see it as an egregious outrageous decision.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if he was suspended for two games.

According to ESPN's Zach Lowe, that is the outcome the Cavs pushed for.

"I'll tell you, the Cavs wanted him suspended for two games," Lowe said on The Lowe Post podcast (6:38). "I can tell you that. They wanted it to be a flagrant-2 and to have him suspended for Game 5 and Game 6."

#pathetic
#desperate

I can't fucking wait until the Warriors finish this off.

no doubt...

"ALL'S fair in love and war", right...?:rolleyes2:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get Conley or Durant , would they consider Rondo or Howard?

Part of getting Aldridge meant losing some lost post offense and 3-point shooting depth.
The Spurs knew that 2016-17 would be the year to add back some of the lost depth. It was planned.

The SPURS needed another low post scorer depth.
They are likely going to bring in Gasol for the midlevel exception as instant low post offense.

And they have a fully stocked arsenal of Euro shooters that are all finally ready. It was done on purpose.
I expect Bertans to come over this season and take Matt Bonner's roster spot.

They should be better next year. They might not win 67 games, but they will be a lot better.
People forget this was only year one of the complete Spurs makeover.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one game, Gordon.

I think the Warriors are the better Team.

I gotcha. I think most people do.

It takes 4 "fights" to win the series.

Cavs have absolutely proven that they can win a fair "fight" because they've done it. Whether they'll be able to win 2 more is yet to be determined.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I DO get that, Mecca. but it seems she ain't the only one who ain't buyin'...

look, I get where you're comin' from, but even DJ was saying this guy has some shaky history and imo where there's smoke, there's fire...

not trying to start anything with anybody. just takin' it really with a grain of salt...

I hear you on this. Thing is, I think pulling a dead relative excuse is the ultimate bitch move when it comes to avoid taking slack from random people on an internet forum.

DJ probably is right, he's interacted with Wiggy far before I have. But who knows? I usually err on the side of caution with shit like this. If Wiggy's making it up, than that shit's on him. I won't take that chance on giving someone shit and calling him out when it could be that his grandmother actually passed away.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of getting Aldridge meant losing some lost post offense and 3-point shooting depth.
The Spurs knew that 2016-17 would be the year to add back some of the lost depth. It was planned.

They are likely going to bring in Gasol for the midlevel exception as instant low post offense.

And they have a fully stocked arsenal of Euro shooters that are all finally ready. It was done on purpose.

They should be better next year. They might not win 67 games, but they will be a lot better.

If Gasol signs with the Spurs, that will be just unfair.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gasol would be absolutely perfect.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually err on the side of caution with shit like this. I won't take that chance on giving someone shit and calling him out when it could be that his grandmother actually passed away.

:dingdingding:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you on this. Thing is, I think pulling a dead relative excuse is the ultimate bitch move when it comes to avoid taking slack from random people on an internet forum.

DJ probably is right, he's interacted with Wiggy far before I have. But who knows? I usually err on the side of caution with shit like this. If Wiggy's making it up, than that shit's on him. I won't take that chance on giving someone shit and calling him out when it could be that his grandmother actually passed away.

Exactly.

I don't know about anyone else....

But, I'm giving him the business if the Cavs lose.

One thing doesn't cancel out the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.