• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 hours to go and I'm pumped up for this one. Hoping the Warriors come out of the gate strong and put their best foot forward to start the game. I imagine the Cavs will be playing with a very high confidence so if the Warriors can contain them in the 1st quarter that would go a long ways towards this potential close out game.

Everyone has said the Warriors might employ the death lineup from the start, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ezeli out there to start the game for some rim protection. The Cavs killed the Warriors going to the hoop and if Ezeli can contest some shots early and limit them to the perimeter that would be ideal. Either way the Warriors will employ the small lineup for the vast majority of the game I would think.

What I'll be watching most is how the Warriors close out the quarters and the half. Those have been the problem areas in the past and if they can keep their composure, they'll have a better than decent shot at closing this out.

No guarantees for either team. Victory will have to be earned both ways.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching how bad their big men have played in this series, I can't imagine why they would believe that. Now, without Bogut, there is even less reason to believe in the bigs.

I agree that the small lineup will not be as effective if they used it all game, but it is still better than anything Cleveland can put on the floor. As bad as the big lineups have been, a less effective change up is still far superior to a lousy fastball.

Just read your post on ESPN reporting Ezeli will start. I thought that might happen before I read your post, but wanted to give another opinion as to why I think it makes sense.

The small ball lineup cannot be run out there for 48 minutes. Even last year the Warriors employed Ezeli out there for a few stretches to change it up. Here is why I believe it's best to use Ezeli from the start of the game, rather than change it up mid-game:

1) The Cavs have two additional premiere outside threats in Irving and Love. If you employ the small lineup from the beginning, what happens is that you'll have to rely much more on rotations and weakside help to guard the interior and to rebound. What happens is the defense starts to collapse and you'll eventually find yourself with open shooters. There is a huge difference from being able to help off of Mozgof and Delly than Irving and Love.

2) If you can force the Cavs to settle for jumpshots early, that plays into the favor of the Warriors. If the Cavs start being more perimeter oriented, that aligns much better with the small ball lineup that can switch everything. If you can build a bit of a lead and make the Cavs try to play catch up that helps the small ball defense.

3) You don't want to get the crowd into the game early, especially by giving the Cavs additional second chance opportunities. Ezeli is another big body out there to rebound and try to keep TT off the boards.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of respect for you, Wiggy and others who have lost someone....I'm not going to comment on this again.

We are all entitled to our opinion...Shaq Daddy, Bks, Chief, DJ, Myself.....et al.

But, I'm going to back away.

Sorry if this opened any wounds for you or if I offended anyone..INCLUDING the people I was disagreeing with.
Anyone who was on Fan Nation for any length of time knows Wiggy and I went head to head in battles of epic proportion.....I don't think anyone had more animosity towards each other than he and I did....

We finally got to the point where we could converse without tearing into each other.

If he said his grandfather was sick and had died, then I accept that as truth...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read your post on ESPN reporting Ezeli will start. I thought that might happen before I read your post, but wanted to give another opinion as to why I think it makes sense.

The small ball lineup cannot be run out there for 48 minutes. Even last year the Warriors employed Ezeli out there for a few stretches to change it up. Here is why I believe it's best to use Ezeli from the start of the game, rather than change it up mid-game:

1) The Cavs have two additional premiere outside threats in Irving and Love. If you employ the small lineup from the beginning, what happens is that you'll have to rely much more on rotations and weakside help to guard the interior and to rebound. What happens is the defense starts to collapse and you'll eventually find yourself with open shooters. There is a huge difference from being able to help off of Mozgof and Delly than Irving and Love.

2) If you can force the Cavs to settle for jumpshots early, that plays into the favor of the Warriors. If the Cavs start being more perimeter oriented, that aligns much better with the small ball lineup that can switch everything. If you can build a bit of a lead and make the Cavs try to play catch up that helps the small ball defense.

3) You don't want to get the crowd into the game early, especially by giving the Cavs additional second chance opportunities. Ezeli is another big body out there to rebound and try to keep TT off the boards.

In theory, this is all correct. In reality though, the Cavs have started well just about every game against GS' big lineups.

The reason why is because they actually end up helping less when they are able to switch everything. Ezeli has no chance against the pick and roll, which we will see every possession until Iggy enters.

I hear you and do realize that 48 minutes is not possible, but Kerr needs to be smarter about when he inserts Ezeli. He needs to play when Shumpert is in and either LBJ or Irving is resting. Playing him against the starters is just begging for disaster. The lineup with Ezeli and Barnes simply does not match up well with Cleveland's starters.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 hours to go and I'm pumped up for this one. Hoping the Warriors come out of the gate strong and put their best foot forward to start the game. I imagine the Cavs will be playing with a very high confidence so if the Warriors can contain them in the 1st quarter that would go a long ways towards this potential close out game.

Everyone has said the Warriors might employ the death lineup from the start, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ezeli out there to start the game for some rim protection. The Cavs killed the Warriors going to the hoop and if Ezeli can contest some shots early and limit them to the perimeter that would be ideal. Either way the Warriors will employ the small lineup for the vast majority of the game I would think.

What I'll be watching most is how the Warriors close out the quarters and the half. Those have been the problem areas in the past and if they can keep their composure, they'll have a better than decent shot at closing this out.

No guarantees for either team. Victory will have to be earned both ways.

I can deal with you. You're a rational Warriors fan......that other guy not so much.

mchilds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are gonna win game 6. Then GSW on 7.
And I'll not be surprised if the Cavs will setup Green for another flagrant.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it it if the Lakers traded the #2 pick and got a solid veteran and another draft pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who was on Fan Nation for any length of time knows Wiggy and I went head to head in battles of epic proportion.....I don't think anyone had more animosity towards each other than he and I did....

We finally got to the point where we could converse without tearing into each other.

If he said his grandfather was sick and had died, then I accept that as truth...
thanks Mick---yah we have had our battles but their have been some stretches of Detente thrown in as well! lol......i cant hold it against Mick toooooo much that hes a celtics fan

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me, not so much. keep the youth movement going and let the core grow together...

We need some vets to mentor the kids. I don't want us to run out a starting 5 of early 20-something's. We need at least one guy in the starting lineup that is 27-28 that can help mentor them. I'd love Jimmy Butler at the 3, he'd be ideal and a better player from opening night then either of the youngsters we could end up with at #2.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Mick---yah we have had our battles but their have been some stretches of Detente thrown in as well! lol......i cant hold it against Mick toooooo much that hes a celtics fan

Mick is f@cking awesome.

Always has been.

Celtics Ruuuuuuuuule!

Status
Not open for further replies.