• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Eastern Conference Draft : CHAT

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I able to go, or should I wait until the confusion is cleared up?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree, even though I liked Ramsey as the pick. Reason being, is since Jerry turned over decision making to Stephen, our 1st round picks have been Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Travis Fredrick, Zach Martin(Jerry wanted Johnny Football) and Byron Jones. The only one who wasn't a major hit was Mo, and he isn't a total bust, still a player in the league. Further, we have gone from cap Hell to having plenty of room under the cap. Stephen said Ramsey was #2 on out board, but Elliott was #1. I expect Elliott to be offensive rookie of the year, and if there's one thing I know, you don't blow a draft when you add good players. It also looks like things fell out way, picking 3rd today and a ton of good front 7 players have fallen to us

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad pick and I think he'll be a good player for Dallas for a long time I just don't think a a RB is worth more than Ramsey.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on nos to pick this mess. I did text him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad pick and I think he'll be a good player for Dallas for a long time I just don't think a a RB is worth more than Ramsey.
I'd have taken Ramsey too, but he is a similar player to Byron Jones, their first pick last season .I always look at the combo of 1-2 to see how you did .If it's Elliott and, say, Dodd or Spence, I might take that over Ramsey and Henry. I heard they are trying to move to 32, that sounds like a QB move

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have taken Ramsey too, but he is a similar player to Byron Jones, their first pick last season .I always look at the combo of 1-2 to see how you did .If it's Elliott and, say, Dodd or Spence, I might take that over Ramsey and Henry. I heard they are trying to move to 32, that sounds like a QB move

My question though is why not trade down?

The Ravens wanted Ramsey and likely would have given up a 3rd to move up. No chance Elliot gets taken before 6 by anyone but Dallas.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question though is why not trade down?

The Ravens wanted Ramsey and likely would have given up a 3rd to move up. No chance Elliot gets taken before 6 by anyone but Dallas.
Unless someone trades up...your logic is sound, but Elliott was the #1 guy on their big board. Why risk it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone trades up...your logic is sound, but Elliott was the #1 guy on their big board. Why risk it

Because sometimes you need to risk losing your guy to maximize value. That is drafting 101. If you always reach for the player you covet, you miss out on the potential value gained by waiting.

Teams who draft best are not afraid to take calculated risks in situations like this.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because sometimes you need to risk losing your guy to maximize value. That is drafting 101. If you always reach for the player you covet, you miss out on the potential value gained by waiting.

Teams who draft best are not afraid to take calculated risks in situations like this.
That's not drafting 101, that's wanting to have your cake and eat it too, which usually results in you getting bit on the ass. In 1990, the Steelers traded back from #17 to #21 with Dallas and picked up an extra 3rd rounder in the process. The Steelers took Eric Green in the 1st, and got Craig Veasey with that 3rd rounder. Slick.....Dallas took Emmitt Smith. How they won 3 Super Bowls without that 3rd rounder remains a mystery...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not drafting 101, that's wanting to have your cake and eat it too, which usually results in you getting bit on the ass. In 1990, the Steelers traded back from #17 to #21 with Dallas and picked up an extra 3rd rounder in the process. The Steelers took Eric Green in the 1st, and got Craig Veasey with that 3rd rounder. Slick.....Dallas took Emmitt Smith. How they won 3 Super Bowls without that 3rd rounder remains a mystery...

Totally different situation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I mean it's kinda a toss up. I don't value rb much but at the same time I highly doubt Dallas regrets that pick. They got a lot better with elliot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different situation.
No it isn't.if you are Dallas, and after months of studying and millions spent on scouting, the very best player on your board falls in your lap at #4, and you think they should get cute and risk him for a 3rd round pick? That's plain stupid in my book. It's like saying, "you know what, JJ Watt just fell in our laps, but let's trade down a few spots, and if something happens and he's picked, we can just take the next 5Tech off our board". Laughable

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't.if you are Dallas, and after months of studying and millions spent on scouting, the very best player on your board falls in your lap at #4, and you think they should get cute and risk him for a 3rd round pick? That's plain stupid in my book. It's like saying, "you know what, JJ Watt just fell in our laps, but let's trade down a few spots, and if something happens and he's picked, we can just take the next 5Tech off our board". Laughable

Easy there!

Everything I have read suggests that Elliot was NOT the scouting department's top guy and that he was more of an impulse pick by Jerry Jones. So, yeah, I think they should have risked it and traded down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I am sure Elliot will be great in Dallas.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well today sucked with drafting. Sorry everyone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there!

Everything I have read suggests that Elliot was NOT the scouting department's top guy and that he was more of an impulse pick by Jerry Jones. So, yeah, I think they should have risked it and traded down.
That's some national media BS. Everyone in Dallas knows Stephen has ran the show for the last few years, that's why Johnny Football isn't here .Stephen himself said Elliott and Ramsey were 1-2 on their big board. If that's what you thought, I can see your point, but Stephen said they would have taken him #1

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with Skins pick of WR Josh Doctson. Plus they got a 6th round pick for free.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him at 13 years in the NBA...

5 - Seattle
4 - NYK
2 - Bullets
1 - Lakers
1 - NO Jazz (Central Division East)

7 - East
6 - West
1 - ABA

I may be wrong, just making sure before I make another pick...

Games played?