• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Eastern Conference Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted Chief but I couldn't not get Lanier... Really wanted Squid but I had to grab Dumars... Pearl would have been my next guy but I knew he wouldn't make it back... Interesting to see Wall PG and Bosh go so early... Like them both, I have a couple of guys on my list that are young guys too... Wasn't sure where to grab them, still not lol... :noidea:
I looked at Wall's career vs Pearl, and he was clearly the guy I wanted. Last couple of years, Wall has gone for 20 points a game, but also 10 assists a game. Pearl was a 3-4 assists per game guy his entire career. Great player, but not what I wanted from a PG

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Wall's career vs Pearl, and he was clearly the guy I wanted. Last couple of years, Wall has gone for 20 points a game, but also 10 assists a game. Pearl was a 3-4 assists per game guy his entire career. Great player, but not what I wanted from a PG

Great point for sure... Not downing the picks, I like them... Just wondering where they stand on the all-time list... Should he have gone before Mo, or JoJo...? They are better defensively but as you said those guys don't have the numbers Wall does... PG is pretty good and I agree with Tlance, he's the best there is in the East after Bron... But when I grabbed Kawhi I few drafts back, not much love... It's tricky for sure, and I have some picks I want that I'm not sure people will like being that they are young... But you can't deny young talent forever... My point was I liked both picks, just trying to to figure out when to draft guys before someone snatches them before me...:nod:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point for sure... Not downing the picks, I like them... Just wondering where they stand on the all-time list... Should he have gone before Mo, or JoJo...? They are better defensively but as you said those guys don't have the numbers Wall does... PG is pretty good and I agree with Tlance, he's the best there is in the East after Bron... But when I grabbed Kawhi I few drafts back, not much love... It's tricky for sure, and I have some picks I want that I'm not sure people will like being that they are young... But you can't deny young talent forever... My point was I liked both picks, just trying to to figure out when to draft guys before someone snatches them before me...:nod:

Having never done one of these with you guys, it is very difficult to evaluate current players.

Are we looking at the entire career, or simply assuming we are getting each player's peak performance years? Obviously longevity helps, but I didn't draft Atlanta Hawks Moses Malone, I took the 76er version.

If peak performance is what matters most, then I think the current players can and should be right there with players who are ranked ahead of them based on their accolades over the course of an entire career.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think current players will be a little stronger play since we are only using half of the league for this one

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having never done one of these with you guys, it is very difficult to evaluate current players.

Are we looking at the entire career, or simply assuming we are getting each player's peak performance years? Obviously longevity helps, but I didn't draft Atlanta Hawks Moses Malone, I took the 76er version.

If peak performance is what matters most, then I think the current players can and should be right there with players who are ranked ahead of them based on their accolades over the course of an entire career.
We sort of leave it to the voter. We are voting on who would win a series in their prime and healthy. If you take a modern player, you have to base it on what they've done more than projection. Example to me would be Anthony Davis vs Porzingas. Davis has only been in the game a few years, but is arguably the best player in the world. Zinger looks like he MIGHT be a great player, but that's clearly still a projection, so maybe you get credit if you pick him from some voters but not others

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it's less darts more draft when you are there!!

Yeah, there were multiple TV's tuned into the draft so I got to see it. Watched it with Cowboys and 49ers fans, I got to laugh all night. Elliott was not a good pick IMO at least not that early and I am not a huge fan of Buckner.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there were multiple TV's tuned into the draft so I got to see it. Watched it with Cowboys and 49ers fans, I got to laugh all night. Elliott was not a good pick IMO at least not that early and I am not a huge fan of Buckner.

Elliot is a good player but probably not a great pick. Buckner was alright I thought but idk why they traded back into the first for garnett. You happy with Treadwell?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot is a good player but probably not a great pick. Buckner was alright I thought but idk why they traded back into the first for garnett. You happy with Treadwell?

Remember who my 1st round pick was in our draft? Yes I like the pick I would also have been happy with Doctson.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wlk3 Haywood is not eligible. @mr.hockey4242 is OTC.

I have him at 13 years in the NBA...

5 - Seattle
4 - NYK
2 - Bullets
1 - Lakers
1 - NO Jazz (Central Division East)

7 - East
6 - West
1 - ABA

I may be wrong, just making sure before I make another pick...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him at 13 years in the NBA...

5 - Seattle
4 - NYK
2 - Bullets
1 - Lakers
1 - NO Jazz (Central Division East)

7 - East
6 - West
1 - ABA

I may be wrong, just making sure before I make another pick...

Not sure if this is the problem but it goes by games not seasons.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was seasons and if the seasons were tied then games were the tiebreaker?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was seasons and if the seasons were tied then games were the tiebreaker?

This is what I thought as well... I have another player ready just want to know before I post it so I don't lose either guy...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree, even though I liked Ramsey as the pick. Reason being, is since Jerry turned over decision making to Stephen, our 1st round picks have been Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Travis Fredrick, Zach Martin(Jerry wanted Johnny Football) and Byron Jones. The only one who wasn't a major hit was Mo, and he isn't a total bust, still a player in the league. Further, we have gone from cap Hell to having plenty of room under the cap. Stephen said Ramsey was #2 on out board, but Elliott was #1. I expect Elliott to be offensive rookie of the year, and if there's one thing I know, you don't blow a draft when you add good players. It also looks like things fell out way, picking 3rd today and a ton of good front 7 players have fallen to us