• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Denver’s trying to maximize their championship window and so if they think they can bundle something to move up for a guy that can contribute now more-so than in 3 years they’re gonna do what they can to get that.

I’m trying to figure out who that is

Jaquez?

Sasser?

I don’t like assuming any rookie is going to provide meaningful help day 1. Most of them can’t because most can’t hang defensively as rookies

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they expect Watson to play some of browns minutes

They need to find some g league vets to fill some spots as well
They also have Gillespie who they signed as an UFA from Villanova who went undrafted due to knee surgery. They are high on him. From Europe, until yesterday, they have Kamagate who was DPOY in whichever league he’s in in France. It was a foregone conclusion that he would be on the team as back up C, but yesterday he signed another contract. So right now there is confusion as to what will happen with him.

I don’t expect Thomas Bryant, Reggie Jackson or of course Bruce Brown to be back next year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Gillespie who they signed as an UFA from Villanova who went undrafted due to knee surgery. They are high on him. From Europe, until yesterday, they have Kamagate who was DPOY in whichever league he’s in in France. It was a foregone conclusion that he would be on the team as back up C, but yesterday he signed another contract. So right now there is confusion as to what will happen with him.

I don’t expect Thomas Bryant, Reggie Jackson or of course Bruce Brown to be back next year.

Yeah Kamagate is expected for 24/25

Which is a shame cause you do need him next year

Nnaji is gonna get some run at c next year

Gonna have to

Maybe you get the other Nnaji in this draft too

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kamagate is expected for 24/25

Which is a shame cause you do need him next year

Nnaji is gonna get some run at c next year

Gonna have to

Maybe you get the other Nnaji in this draft too
I’m pretty sure they will draft a C. Nnaji has blamed his injuries on bulking up to play C, and it’s possible he won’t be back with the team. I don’t remember what his contract status is whether he is a free agent or if they would trade him. Too bad, I’ve always thought the potential and work ethic was there.

The other position that is up in the air is PG. I think they hoped that Bones would become that guy, but obviously there were plenty of issues. If they don’t draft a PG, I will take that as being high on Gillespie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure they will draft a C. Nnaji has blamed his injuries on bulking up to play C, and it’s possible he won’t be back with the team. I don’t remember what his contract status is whether he is a free agent or if they would trade him. Too bad, I’ve always thought the potential and work ethic was there.

The other position that is up in the air is PG. I think they hoped that Bones would become that guy, but obviously there were plenty of issues. If they don’t draft a PG, I will take that as being high on Gillespie.

I don’t know on Gillespie, he wasn’t getting drafted even before the injury

…he also didn’t get picked up by the heat ;)

Turning cancar Nnaji and some seconds into a backup pg or c would not be a terrible idea

This draft is light on both of those positions imo

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know on Gillespie, he wasn’t getting drafted even before the injury

…he also didn’t get picked up by the heat ;)

Turning cancar Nnaji and some seconds into a backup pg or c would not be a terrible idea

This draft is light on both of those positions imo
One thing we know - with the latest example only yesterday- Calvin Booth doesn’t appear to be afraid to make moves.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we know - with the latest example only yesterday- Calvin Booth doesn’t appear to be afraid to make moves.

He’s a good gm

I’m curious what he does to replace brown

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a good gm

I’m curious what he does to replace brown
For sure, but I think replacing Brown, at least partially, is what drove the trade with OKC yesterday. Whether it’s with a pick or more likely an asset for a trade, that’s going to be a hole to fill. Many Denver fans are high on Watson - but he’s at least a couple years away from becoming a major contributor.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, but I think replacing Brown, at least partially, is what drove the trade with OKC yesterday. Whether it’s with a pick or more likely an asset for a trade, that’s going to be a hole to fill. Many Denver fans are high on Watson - but he’s at least a couple years away from becoming a major contributor.

The problem is they don’t have much salary to match

They have their core 7 (minus brown)

Plus nnaji and cancar under contract

That gives them less than 10m to target

Losing bones salary really hurts now

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I do think Watson will get a good bit of playing time during the year. Maybe not for his O, but for his D.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I do think Watson will get a good bit of playing time during the year. Maybe not for his O, but for his D.

He looks like the brown starter pack

But he needs to work on his shooting to get there

Fun gamble though with his pedigree, size and defensive ability

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor Thomas Bryant. Wanted out of LA for more playing time and got nailed to Denver's bench. Should've traded him to Philly or Miami.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Thomas Bryant. Wanted out of LA for more playing time and got nailed to Denver's bench. Should've traded him to Philly or Miami.
I don’t think he could have gotten minutes in Philly. He can’t catch. They needed a Big who could pick and roll with Harden. Bryant isn’t that guy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know miami still get the 18th pick even though they ended up in the finals

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think the Lakers draft instead? He's a perfect fit, unless someone surprising falls.

There are just so many variables.

He could go earlier. The Lakers could like someone else better.