• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Championship: 1987 Lakers vs. 2013 Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haslem could hang with Worthy. I dont think he would shut Worthy down but would make it difficult. Underrated defensive player. People need to wipe the mist of nostalgia of their glasses if they think it would be a cakewalk. I dont think so and I loved that Lakers team.

Might be the dumbest thing I've seen on here!! Haslem couldn't cover worthy with a net!! Worthy was far too quick!!

Worthy would spin on Haslem, dunk and be headed back down court before Haslem realized he was gone!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the dumbest thing I've seen on here!! Haslem couldn't cover worthy with a net!! Worthy was far too quick!!

Worthy would spin on Haslem, dunk and be headed back down court before Haslem realized he was gone!!
Sounds great in theory. Too bad we cant prove it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem has to come all the way down the floor to post up I think?

If we allow the advancements in science to stand the Heat could be ok, if we allow the Heat to be what they were during their amazing run before the playoffs and remember that Kareem did not run back every possession on O the Heat could be ok.

As far as dynasty comparisons and dominance over the league there is not much comparison yet. Heat pull out one more somehow and what they have accomplished in a luxury tax era is imo more remarkable.

Kareem didn't run down the court on fast breaks. Typically, there are only 3 players that run down the court on a fast break and sometimes a trailer making 4. So, Kareem not running down the court is not pertinent to your example.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was saying without Kareem. I dont see any offensive or rebounding advantage for the Lakers with Kareem out. Only one person can post at a time and I dont see it being easy for Magic or Worthy to score in a half court set.

Mychal Thompson subs in for Kareem to handle some of the rebounding. Worthy was a very good post player. Magic as well. I don't think it would be easy for Miami to stop them from scoring. The Lakers beat everybody both on the break and in the half court.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem didn't run down the court on fast breaks. Typically, there are only 3 players that run down the court on a fast break and sometimes a trailer making 4. So, Kareem not running down the court is not pertinent to your example.
So I guess youre assuming/dreaming the Lakers are faster than the Heat from baseline to baseline? Like i said they were a great team and would probably beat the Heat but it would not be easy.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haslem could hang with Worthy. I dont think he would shut Worthy down but would make it difficult. Underrated defensive player. People need to wipe the mist of nostalgia of their glasses if they think it would be a cakewalk. I dont think so and I loved that Lakers team.

I never said it would be a cake walk.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the replays I saw he didn't run down for the half court either, I am not saying every half court or even most, but enough to notice.

Either way it would be a great series.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it would be a cake walk.
That was directed mostly at Hammer. He is shocked out of his mind that I dare say the Lakers would not mop the floor with the Heat.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the replays I saw he didn't run down for the half court either, I am not saying every half court or even most, but enough to notice.

Either way it would be a great series.

So, the Lakers were beating everybody going only 4 on 5 on offense? These guys were better than we thought :yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat players who could have started for the '87 Lakers:

Lebron
D-Wade (if healthy)

'87 Lakers who could start for the Heat:

Magic
Worthy
Kareem
Mychal Thompson
Michael Cooper
Byron Scott (if D-Wade isn't healthy)
A.C. Green

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Lakers were beating everybody going only 4 on 5 on offense? These guys were better than we thought :yahoo:

well that is exactly what I said :rollseyes: ...more the point I was aiming at was that the Heat will tire him out more than any other team the played back then.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is exactly what I said :rollseyes: ...more the point I was aiming at was that the Heat will tire him out more than any other team the played back then.

I believe Miami plays at a slower pace than most teams did back in 1987. I don't see how the Heat would tire him out more.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did watch in the 80's and Lakers were the shit. I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched them. Don't try and avoid the question.
:scratch:...you may be on to something.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disparate collections of talent? Just because these guys came together via free agency does not mean they aren't a team. Like you, I too am a fan of great basketball. Too many however are blinded by hatred of the way this team came together and the horrible PR moves that Lebron made 3 years ago.

As a Magic Johnson fan, it is shocking that you do not appreciate LeBron more. Most superstars are inherently selfish in the way they play (not necessarily a bad thing), but Lebron is the ultimate facilitator. He makes these guys a team and I for one am enjoying watching him develop as one of the true greats in the history of the game.

The MJ comparison is lazy. This guy is a combo of Magic and Pippen, with a developing dash of Karl Malone tossed in. Tell me the Chalmers to LeBron pick and roll with the lefty finish didn't look exactly like something Karl Malone would have done. Complete with the ungraceful fall at the end.

Hate if you want, but understating this team's potential just makes you look biased.

You're trying to pidgeonhole me again. Why? Haven't you read what I've said about Lebron over and over again? "Hate?" Really??

What you want to do is tell me that the 2013 Heat could hang with the '87 Lakers.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did watch in the 80's and Lakers were the shit. I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched them. Don't try and avoid the question.

Busted! Never watched them. I can't even remember what night of the week most games occurred and identify the game by watching a few minutes of it on NBA Hardwood Classics. I didn't cry myself to sleep when Ralph Sampson hit the shot to beat the Lakers in the Western Conference. I can't give you the Lakers rosters from the day Magic was signed til he retired and I wasn't there in 1979 when I was a kid with no interest in basketball and my Dad said "Come watch this guy." It wasn't Magic and I didn't fall into a trance watching him play and a spell didn't fall over me with the game and the purple 'n gold uniforms and logo and the Forum and... none of it happened. I never even watched the Lakers back then. I'm really just a Kobe-luvin' Lebron-hatin' fool in my late teens that thinks the Heat suck.