• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Championship: 1987 Lakers vs. 2013 Heat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see them defend Big Game's first step or spin move. Everyone loves to point out the obvious; that Lebron, DWade, etc. are incredible athletes. But that doesn't win a series against other incredible athletes who played the best team basketball in history. The Lakers were a lean running team who'd have DWade and Lebron sucking oxygen on the sidelines. Magic would average 30 assists a game.

I keep saying it and no one wants to discuss it: If this were 1995, the Heat wouldn't even make it out of the East.

How do you feel that Laker championship team would have matched up against the back to back Laker championships teams from 4 and 5 years ago?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel that Laker championship team would have matched up against the back to back Laker championships teams from 4 and 5 years ago?

Same as the Heat. Sweep.

IMO, the '86 Celtics would have won 2 games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as the Heat. Sweep.

IMO, the '86 Celtics would have won 2 games.

Fair enough.

Times have changed. Rules have changed. And probably most important in this type of debate is that players salaries have sky rocketed. The league now seeks some time of parity. Back then. Not so much.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Times have changed. Rules have changed. And probably most important in this type of debate is that players salaries have sky rocketed. The league now seeks some time of parity. Back then. Not so much.

Which is a knock on the Heat not the Lakers! The Lakers had to play/beat basically the Eastern Conference All-Stars to win championships. But it doesn't really matter. We're just debating how these two teams would fare against each other if the Heat were transported to the Forum in 1987.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'd like to ammend what I said. The '87 Celtics beat the Lakers twice. The '86 Celtics would force a Game 7.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is a knock on the Heat not the Lakers! The Lakers had to play/beat basically the Eastern Conference All-Stars to win championships. But it doesn't really matter. We're just debating how these two teams would fare against each other if the Heat were transported to the Forum in 1987.

I wasn't trying to knock either team. Why is that where it always has to go?
I was agreeing with you on premise, but at the same time saying its not fair or realistic to compare different eras without pointing out that teams not can't be built the same way.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just stop it already with this bullshit. Discuss the topic or GTFO. :lame:
Blow me asshole. You are the one who said something first. What you cant take someone saying something back? Take your ball and go home then. Its your site. ban me bitch.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game and the previous 10 games kind of removes the notion that this Heat team is an all time great team. They have obvious fatal flaws, the most glaring is rebounding. This team can still win the championship, they are only down 1-2, but are they an all time great? Not even close. All time great teams don't get blown out, demoralized like this, especially during a finals game.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWHAHAAHA!! Can we stop comparing the great teams to the Heat now?

Please? NO great dynasty EVER got beaten like that last night.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if they blow this series we can DEFINITELY stop comparing them to the greats. Bulls, Celtics, Lakers have nothing to worry about imo...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I was around for it, but the Lakers did suffer the Memorial day Massacre, and they came back and won the series. Two totally different situations however, but you get my point. Also, I always thought that comparing the Heat to these legendary dynasties was a bit premature

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, the debate is not over. The Heat were off last night but they still have two of the best players in the league. The best 3 point shooter. A team full of winners and champions. LeBron is the GOAT

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't simply conclude that the Heat were off last night. San Antonio had a game plan and executed it well. The Heat weren't able to adjust and got blown out.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great teams don't get blown out. Go back and watch the Bulls in 97 on the road in Utah in game 5. Utah was leading the entire game, sometimes by 10, but as soon as the Bulls go down 9 or 10... They cut right back into the lead and stay with the Jazz. 3-4 minutes to go in the 4th, the Bulls became Assassins and just cut their throat. That's what great teams do on the road. They stay with the opponent and take over at crunchtime.

The Heat are a great team in a Good NBA league. The NBA is full of good teams and good players. Not many great teams anymore and sure as hell not many great players in the league right now.

Sorry, the Heat are probably not even going to win this series. And no they couldn't hang with the Bulls in the 90's - that's for dam sure!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers are a great example of a good team full of good players. Nothing great about them tho.

And as far Lebron... LOL Paul George and Kwahni Leonard have checked him fairly good, but MJ or Pippen would have trouble??

LMAO OK

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion about the Bulls doesn't make it fact. The fact is, you don't know what would have happened. One thing I know is that the current Heat team is the best in NBA