• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Championship: 1987 Lakers vs. 2013 Heat

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it would be a cake walk.

I did. In '87 everything came together and the Lakers were a devastating, invincible force. No team ever could stand with them in a seven game series. The Heat would be summarily swept.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted! Never watched them. I can't even remember what night of the week most games occurred and identify the game by watching a few minutes of it on NBA Hardwood Classics. I didn't cry myself to sleep when Ralph Sampson hit the shot to beat the Lakers in the Western Conference. I can't give you the Lakers rosters from the day Magic was signed til he retired and I wasn't there in 1979 when I was a kid with no interest in basketball and my Dad said "Come watch this guy." It wasn't Magic and I didn't fall into a trance watching him play and a spell didn't fall over me with the game and the purple 'n gold uniforms and logo and the Forum and... none of it happened. I never even watched the Lakers back then. I'm really just a Kobe-luvin' Lebron-hatin' fool in my late teens that thinks the Heat suck.
I figured as much. I guess the internet makes up for a lack of actual observation. You can google anything nowdays. Its great to be a fan but to be delusional about things makes you ugly and condescending. BTW you still avoided the questions but I guess you and Sman have that in common.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured as much. I guess the internet makes up for a lack of actual observation. You can google anything nowdays. Its great to be a fan but to be delusional about things makes you ugly and condescending. BTW you still avoided the questions but I guess you and Sman have that in common.

I gotta say, this was my intro year to basketball... Call it revisionist call it me living in the past for watching the old Lakers, this Heat team may have great athletes but the metality of the these players and players of old are different... 87 Lakers would kill the Heat!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, this was my intro year to basketball... Call it revisionist call it me living in the past for watching the old Lakers, this Heat team may have great athletes but the metality of the these players and players of old are different... 87 Lakers would kill the Heat!

By simple virtue of the fact that you have an opinion that differs with montsho means that you're "ugly and condescending." I guess you and I should just GTFO?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By simple virtue of the fact that you have an opinion that differs with montsho means that you're "ugly and condescending." I guess you and I should just GTFO?
Not really. Its just when someone gets their panties in a bunch because someone disagrees. I'm all for debate. Matter of fact I love it. However, when your only tactic is to try and belittle someone because you dont have any proof. Thats pretty ugly and condescending. Its cool if thats your thing but dont whine about me pointing it out. Do you see the difference?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers in a sweep and double digit wins in those 4 games. Bosh on Kareem. Now that would be funny to watch.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with that, but even if it were true that wouldn't automatically make the Lakers better. Magic is the one who creates problems for the Heat more so than Kareem.

I have never said that the Heat are better, just that you guys are seriously underestimating them because of Wade's poor play. When healthy, this team's speed and athleticism is unlike anything the '87 Lakers ever saw.

James Worthy was one of the most underated players in NBA history in my opinion. He was overshadowed in college by Jordan. In the pros he got lost in the shuffle because of Magic & Kareem. Worthy put the Lakers at a different level. People forget he was injured & couldn't play in the 83 finals against Philly. I still think Philly would have won the series, but the Lakers probably wouldn't have been swept.

The 87 Lakers front line would destroy this years Heat team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Its just when someone gets their panties in a bunch because someone disagrees. I'm all for debate. Matter of fact I love it. However, when your only tactic is to try and belittle someone because you dont have any proof. Thats pretty ugly and condescending. Its cool if thats your thing but dont whine about me pointing it out. Do you see the difference?

Dude, just stop it already with this bullshit. Discuss the topic or GTFO. :lame:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Worthy was one of the most underated players in NBA history in my opinion. He was overshadowed in college by Jordan. In the pros he got lost in the shuffle because of Magic & Kareem. Worthy put the Lakers at a different level. People forget he was injured & couldn't play in the 83 finals against Philly. I still think Philly would have won the series, but the Lakers probably wouldn't have been swept.

I'd love to see them defend Big Game's first step or spin move. Everyone loves to point out the obvious; that Lebron, DWade, etc. are incredible athletes. But that doesn't win a series against other incredible athletes who played the best team basketball in history. The Lakers were a lean running team who'd have DWade and Lebron sucking oxygen on the sidelines. Magic would average 30 assists a game.

I keep saying it and no one wants to discuss it: If this were 1995, the Heat wouldn't even make it out of the East.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon heat fans are so funny.
Not as funny as you and sports chic in a dead heat to see who brings less basketball knowledge to the board.

Same troll, different site.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon heat fans are so funny.

But, but, but..... errrrr the Heat are a bunch of "incredible athletes." Standard response to anything. Lebron has an amazing physique, therefore he's one of the greatest. It's all based on very limited, reactionary perspective. They see what they perceive to be an impressive basketball team, therefore they must be great, right?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but..... errrrr the Heat are a bunch of "incredible athletes." Standard response to anything. Lebron has an amazing physique, therefore he's one of the greatest. It's all based on very limited, reactionary perspective. They see what they perceive to be an impressive basketball team, therefore they must be great, right?

agree with the Take on Big game James Worthy, though. i think a lot of why he didn't get the expossure he should've was because MJ was around at the time...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worthy was a Junior and leader of North Carolina when they won the National Championship. Worthy also was awarded "top player of the tourny" that same year. He left for the NBA after that season.

Jordan was a freshman that year and didn't bring a title in the 2yrs he stayed there after Worthy left.

Worthy was the MUCH bigger name at North Carolina than Jordan was the short time they spent together as teammates.

Last edited by a moderator: