• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA All Star Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos hurry up everyone is waiting for the playoffs to be posted. Lol

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Giants losing to Reds last night cost me $5k :doh:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we ready?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games are posted.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, semi-final matchups.

Tlance vs Nos
Shane vs Ritz

I will give y'all some time to put together anything you wanna say about the matchups.

@tlance @Shanemansj13 @Ritzarmy

I don't have anything to add to the matchup other then I vote Ritz. I don't want to bore the readers of mindless stats. Ill let them be the judge who is better plus the main reason I am to damn lazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My matchups

PG - Chris Paul vs Gary Payton - This is a very good matchup. Both great defenders and quick guards. Paul is a better facilitator and better outside shooter, which should help in this matchup.

SG - Andre Iguodala vs Reggie Miller - Igoudala has the athleticism, size and reach to give Miller fits. Miller has the advantage but Miller wasn't a very good defender. Iggy's athleticism could make this a tough matchup. Iggy will be the main defender but Jones off the bench and Kobe will switch on to Miller as well if he needs to.

SF - Kobe Bryant vs Ron Artest - Artest is a very pesky defender but Kobe will find ways to score that's what great players do. Artest isn't much of a factor against one of the great defenders at guard.

PF - Chris Webber vs Pau Gasol - Webber and Gasol are similar, both good mid-range shooters and good rebounders. Webbers' athleticism could get to Gasol. Paul and Webber in the pick-and-roll is dangerous. I also think Gasol on the switch is not a good thing. Paul could really hurt him.

C - Hakeem Olajuwon vs Shaquille O'Neal - Both great players. Hakeem is the better all-around center, especially defensively though.

BENCH
PG - Ron Harper vs Mark Jackson - Jackson wasn't much of a scorer or defender. Harper is much better IMO
SG - Eddie Jones vs Jerry Stackhouse - Stackhouse can put the ball in the hoop but can't defend. Jones is a much better defender and shooter.
SF/PF - Horace Grant vs Robert Horry - clutch MF'r. Just don't leave him open. Horace is a physical guy and can defend, no reason to double just stay on this clutch bastard.
SF/PF - Tayshaun Prince vs Shawn Marion - Marion an all-around good player. These two guys are very similar, I think that really helps limit Marion in this matchup.
C - Tyson Chandler vs Bill Laimbeer - Tyson is a very good rim protector and defense first guy he will do fine against the tough-nosed Laimbeer.

It basically comes down to do you think Kobe and Paul are better than Reggie and Payton. My team is as athletic as it gets. btw...great team Ritz :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything to add to the matchup other then I vote Ritz. I don't want to bore the readers of mindless stats. Ill let them be the judge who is better plus the main reason I am to damn lazy.

You sure you want to vote for yourself?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure you want to vote for yourself?

No I am not sure but I voted for myself last round and it worked well for me. I'm scared of change.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My matchup vs NOS:

PG: Penny vs. Tiny: tiny was very good, but Penny was 6'7" and highly dynamic. Tiny would have no chance defensively giving up 6 inches and 50 pounds. Bad matchup for Tiny.
SG: Richmond vs. Maravich: Maravich was great, but Richmond had more experience from deep range. Edge to pistol, but Mitch can keep it competitive.
SF: LeBron vs. Pippen: Pippen is a great defender, but LeBron wins this matchup hands down. Pippen was best as a perimeter defender, but LeBron has 40 pounds on him. Bron is slowed, but he still does his thing.
PF: Unseld vs Garnett: Garnett had the advantage here, but Unseld can compete. KG's defensive prowess is somewhat wasted matched up against my 5th option offensively, and if he overhelps, Unseld gets rebounding position and easy stickbacks.
C: Kareem vs. Moses: good matchup, but clear advantage to Kareem

Bench:
Ellis is the best bench option on either team, IMO. Lever and Rose continue to beat up on Nos' dimunutive PGs and Cooper gets plenty of minutes matched up with Maravich. I would also have the option to go small ball with LBJ at the 4 whenever Perkins or Kukoc enter for KG. Eaton is great defensively, but nobody could block the sky hook.

Bench advantage: Tlance

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My matchup vs NOS:

PG: Penny vs. Tiny: tiny was very good, but Penny was 6'7" and highly dynamic. Tiny would have no chance defensively giving up 6 inches and 50 pounds. Bad matchup for Tiny.
SG: Richmond vs. Maravich: Maravich was great, but Richmond had more experience from deep range. Edge to pistol, but Mitch can keep it competitive.
SF: LeBron vs. Pippen: Pippen is a great defender, but LeBron wins this matchup hands down. Pippen was best as a perimeter defender, but LeBron has 40 pounds on him. Bron is slowed, but he still does his thing.
PF: Unseld vs Garnett: Garnett had the advantage here, but Unseld can compete. KG's defensive prowess is somewhat wasted matched up against my 5th option offensively, and if he overhelps, Unseld gets rebounding position and easy stickbacks.
C: Kareem vs. Moses: good matchup, but clear advantage to Kareem

Bench:
Ellis is the best bench option on either team, IMO. Lever and Rose continue to beat up on Nos' dimunutive PGs and Cooper gets plenty of minutes matched up with Maravich. I would also have the option to go small ball with LBJ at the 4 whenever Perkins or Kukoc enter for KG. Eaton is great defensively, but nobody could block the sky hook.

Bench advantage: Tlance

I'm not gonna do a write up for this round but I did have a couple things to say. Are you Penny Hardaway because you are remembering a player I just don't remember. Bad matchup for Tiny? lolzzz he runs circles around the overrated Penny and makes him look foolish at times. Penny throws up brick after brick from outside and when he drives he's got trouble waiting. You are right bad matchup but its bad for Penny.

More experience from deep? You mean because there wasn't a 3 point shot until Maravich's last season in which he hit 10 of 15 from deep. I like Richmond but Maravich was clearly the better player.

Hands down huh, KG's defense isn't wasted because he doesn't have to worry about Unseld so he will be waiting for Bron if he gets past Pippen.

Clear advantage to Kareem, ok but not enough to win it for you.

I think I win quite easily.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say the alltime greats are getting the shaft here... And the newer generation guys are getting some pretty big props... What have you done for me lately...