• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA All Star Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered you a trade bc I knew either you or Nos could possibly grab him. I was surprised he didn't go earlier.

the reason I didn't take him there was because even though he was the top on my list, I had 3 other PGs I liked, 2 for less and one for more...

so even if one was taken, I would have been happy with the other 3... But Paul was the best of them IMO

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC but busy so could be awhile

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason I didn't take him there was because even though he was the top on my list, I had 3 other PGs I liked, 2 for less and one for more...

so even if one was taken, I would have been happy with the other 3... But Paul was the best of them IMO

Yeah the other ones at the top of my list were already taken Payton $9 and Stockton $10. And pretty sure I know what guys you are talking about lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did do what was asked... They asked his name, he answered... They didn't like the answer so they tried to arrest him... Could he have allowed them to arrest him sure, but why should he have to... He asked to allow him to see the warrant they ignored him then lied about asking for ID... Why aren't they being charged with assault and kidnapping... Because if you tased someone, handcuffed them and took them away for no reason youd go to jail for a long time...

As for Drs... You're really trying to deflect... Doctors job are to try and save lives, sometimes that doesn't happen, but I don't see any Drs say oh, i see you eat after 12... Nurse leave this guy open until he dies he didn't follow directions...

If you can honestly say you don't see that police are over aggressive when it comes to the Black community as a whole then you just don't want to see it... I can fully understand that Blacks kill eachother more than cops... But again, they didn't swear an oath to serve and protect... They CHOSE to be cops and it is dangerous... It's not for everybody... That doesn't mean you can treat a community as a whole more aggressively because that's just how it is...
Hell Yes he should allow them to arrest him. They are the police. If you get arrested for a false charge, get a lawyer and get paid. Otherwise, STF up, do as they say, and live to see another day. It's really that simple.
On a side note, I've been arrested once in my life, though I was released before even going to the station. I was a sales manager for Aramark, and was dropping some shirts off at an embroidery shop, when the owners son walks out(just out of prison and high on pcp) and starts talking shit for no reason....had never met him. I'm in a suit and decide he's not worth it, so I just leave. He follows me out and says "running away pussy?" at which point I close my truck door and tell him to bring it. He runs over and takes a wild swing, which I slip, then I broke his jaw. He's knocked out, so I drive around the corner, call 911 and tell the cops I'll meet them back there, and then call my GM, who is there in 5 minutes.....when the cops get there, they spin me around and cuff me lol. My boss screams at the cop that I was just defending myself, and the cop tells him to STF up or he'd arrest his fat ass too. Fortunately, there were two ladies next door that had seen the whole thing, and since he threw first and was on parole, they let me go. I did have a shitty half hour cuffed, worried about going to jail, losing my job, paying for an attorney, what would happen to my family....but what I didn't do was resist arrest, or even argue. I could have taken that cop before he pulled his gun, but what then? My boss(former NFL player) could have taken him for calling him a fat ass, but again, what then? Best case, we flee the scene until we are caught with double the charges, worst case, other cops pull up and shoot us. Use some common sense, swallow your pride, and you will be fine

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the other ones at the top of my list were already taken Payton $9 and Stockton $10. And pretty sure I know what guys you are talking about lol

yea, cause it is obvious... we all basically have the same list... I did think Paul would have fallen solely because people didn't realize he was available...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, cause it is obvious... we all basically have the same list... I did think Paul would have fallen solely because people didn't realize he was available...

Also was top my list but went with the Glove at only $9m which I feel is a deal.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Lives Matter
Damn straight. But knowing a cop has a good chance to get killed every minute they are on the job, it takes a dumbass to do anything but follow whatever orders they give you...unless you want to get shot. And dumbass comes in all colors

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Yes he should allow them to arrest him. They are the police. If you get arrested for a false charge, get a lawyer and get paid. Otherwise, STF up, do as they say, and live to see another day. It's really that simple.
On a side note, I've been arrested once in my life, though I was released before even going to the station. I was a sales manager for Aramark, and was dropping some shirts off at an embroidery shop, when the owners son walks out(just out of prison and high on pcp) and starts talking shit for no reason....had never met him. I'm in a suit and decide he's not worth it, so I just leave. He follows me out and says "running away pussy?" at which point I close my truck door and tell him to bring it. He runs over and takes a wild swing, which I slip, then I broke his jaw. He's knocked out, so I drive around the corner, call 911 and tell the cops I'll meet them back there, and then call my GM, who is there in 5 minutes.....when the cops get there, they spin me around and cuff me lol. My boss screams at the cop that I was just defending myself, and the cop tells him to STF up or he'd arrest his fat ass too. Fortunately, there were two ladies next door that had seen the whole thing, and since he threw first and was on parole, they let me go. I did have a shitty half hour cuffed, worried about going to jail, losing my job, paying for an attorney, what would happen to my family....but what I didn't do was resist arrest, or even argue. I could have taken that cop before he pulled his gun, but what then? My boss(former NFL player) could have taken him for calling him a fat ass, but again, what then? Best case, we flee the scene until we are caught with double the charges, worst case, other cops pull up and shoot us. Use some common sense, swallow your pride, and you will be fine

What was the guy supposed to do in the link I posted? He was laying on his back, hands up in the air and tried to tell the cops the child was autistic and only held a toy. He was still shot. Why?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. But knowing a cop has a good chance to get killed every minute they are on the job, it takes a dumbass to do anything but follow whatever orders they give you...unless you want to get shot. And dumbass comes in all colors

Sadly anyone can be killed at any minute no matter what job. I was combat engineer and defused mines, that's a dangerous profession. A kid walking the streets to school is also dangerous these days. What I am saying is cops need to be held responsible for their actions just like any other profession. Everyone matters except for WLK because he took MJ before I could.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly anyone can be killed at any minute no matter what job. I was combat engineer and defused mines, that's a dangerous profession. A kid walking the streets to school is also dangerous these days. What I am saying is cops need to be held responsible for their actions just like any other profession. Everyone matters except for WLK because he took MJ before I could.

Overrated :whistle:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the guy supposed to do in the link I posted? He was laying on his back, hands up in the air and tried to tell the cops the child was autistic and only held a toy. He was still shot. Why?
You can always find videos of a cop doing wrong, because just as in your profession or mine, there are criminals, and there are some cops who are too. But the overwhelming majority are just good people working a dangerous job, and most of the cases where ANYONE(white, black, red) gets shot is because that person 1) had a weapon or 2) resisted arrest or 3) Both

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always find videos of a cop doing wrong, because just as in your profession or mine, there are criminals, and there are some cops who are too. But the overwhelming majority are just good people working a dangerous job, and most of the cases where ANYONE(white, black, red) gets shot is because that person 1) had a weapon or 2) resisted arrest or 3) Both

I agree

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point in it all is like Ritz said, cops should be held accountable, until they are they will continue to treat the Black community more aggressively... Freddy Gray started running not a crime, perhaps suspicious, is apprehended... Has no warrants, broke no laws yet he is arrested and dies in police custody with no explanation... Nothing happens... John Crawford is talking on the phone holding a product that Walmart sells and was accessible without a salespersons help, is shot and killed without any warning, Jonathan Ferrell... The list goes on... You point to situations and I can too but you and I aren't Black... Can things be easier without resistance, yes I agree... I've been given a pass, I've been given a ticket, I got arrested once in a road block for not having my license... Point is the interactions I see with Black people most times seem more aggressive, not always but most times... Why is that...? I don't think the cop that shot the guy in the leg is racist or a rogue cop... I think he was on high alert because the guy was Black... I could be wrong, but it seems like that...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point in it all is like Ritz said, cops should be held accountable, until they are they will continue to treat the Black community more aggressively... Freddy Gray started running not a crime, perhaps suspicious, is apprehended... Has no warrants, broke no laws yet he is arrested and dies in police custody with no explanation... Nothing happens... John Crawford is talking on the phone holding a product that Walmart sells and was accessible without a salespersons help, is shot and killed without any warning, Jonathan Ferrell... The list goes on... You point to situations and I can too but you and I aren't Black... Can things be easier without resistance, yes I agree... I've been given a pass, I've been given a ticket, I got arrested once in a road block for not having my license... Point is the interactions I see with Black people most times seem more aggressive, not always but most times... Why is that...? I don't think the cop that shot the guy in the leg is racist or a rogue cop... I think he was on high alert because the guy was Black... I could be wrong, but it seems like that...

Cops should absolutely be held accountable when they screw up. The stakes are too high for them not to be held accountable.

That being said, there is one group in this country most at fault for the negativity and the downward spiral that black relations with police is now becoming. The media is to blame.

Every time there is an incident, they come with an inflammatory headline and blow shit up. The details don't even matter, because most people don't even take the time to read the stories. They just see the headline. People are aware of these incidents and they have strong negative feelings toward police. Future Interactions with police are shaped by these emotions, and they lead to more incidents. It is basically a Self fulfilling prophecy.

There are bad cops. Hold them accountable. But for Christ sake, the media must stop paying so much attention to these stories. Cops already have a very difficult job. When every encounter is met with hostility, it absolutely affects their judgement and decision making.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sir are OTC. Nos says to skip him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a lot of excuses for people getting shot around here...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a lot of excuses for people getting shot around here...

Well if they stopped letting themselves get shot none of this would happen. Geez try to avoid the bullet why don't you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man...but this does not tell the whole story. In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But Mac Donald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:

That's from the link you just posted... It goes on and says "some of those" "2 cases" etc... That's bullshit... Did you read about the officer in NY who was walking down the stairwell heard a door open and just pulled out his gun and shot... Killing a guy who was leaving his GFs house and heading home... The cop said it was dark and he was scared eventhough no crime was being committed nor were police looking for any suspects... No charges...
I think where there is such a divide on the BLM deal is that going after cops should be a lot farther down their list of priorities if they want to save more lives. More Whites and Hispanics are killed by cops than Blacks. What kills far far more Black men than cops....other Black men. Where is the outrage on that? I mean, what is the ratio difference, 10-1? I totally agree with TLance, our disgraceful media has more to do with the state of race relations in this country than anything else