• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NATTY LOCATION

Should the game site change each year?

• NO, keep it in one location

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • YES, but stay within a rotation centrally located

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • N/A The higher ranked team should be able to host the game

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Potato Salad...DO IT!

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d kill to have that problem....

Brother Jerry might cut his Arky brethren a deal @ $4,950, tho

Right, I'm sure it gets a little dicey for the average Clemson/Bama fan at this point.

I always do have a little stashed away JUUUUST in case TTU ever does it, but it would obviously most likely be a 1 time deal. But I would be there.

But having to shell out probably a coule grand at least every year is tough for most.. So it being in SF is not helping them either.

Reactions: WPS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible selection for the ncg.... stadium in and of itself is fine, but there is zero fanbase for college football. a few fans of cal and stanford, but we are mainly cal and stanford fans and not cfb fans. maybe some fresno state fans will venture in....

on top of that levi is located in tech suburbia.... really no reason to venture there and week night traffic is insane. 49rs skirt this for that most part as on Sunday's the area is a ghost town.

be hard to find a location worse for the natty imo

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible selection for the ncg.... stadium in and of itself is fine, but there is zero fanbase for college football. a few fans of cal and stanford, but we are mainly cal and stanford fans and not cfb fans. maybe some fresno state fans will venture in....

on top of that levi is located in tech suburbia.... really no reason to venture there and week night traffic is insane. 49rs skirt this for that most part as on Sunday's the area is a ghost town.

It's not that bad. Most fans should already be in their seats by the time traffic gets too thick. There is light rail directly to the stadium if you don't want to drive. Phoenix was the worst for NCG IMO. Hard to get a flight in or out compared to the 3 major Bay Area airports. Bay Area has probably 4x more hotel rooms than PHX too.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, we should just schedule it at Bryant-Denny every year to avoid this. I would be happy to designated Alabama as the away team in any year we make the finals to make up for the alleged home field advantage, cause I'm all about the fairness.

Enjoy it while it lasts Mr. Gump. Your GOAT is about to retire as the greatest ever and Bammer football will be brought down to being mortal again......

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daughter there right now. Has already been a headache, expensive trip.

Flights to San Jose limited and damn expensive. Hotels outrageous, even motel 6 well over $100 night.

Got to have a car or end up paying nasty cab fares ($45 to hotel ).

Stadium itself less than impressive, been problems with the field on number of times when there's been rain....and there has been a lot of rain there.

Whole lot better choices out there than this.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JerryWorld should host the NCG every year. It's the best stadium in the world and can hold up to 105K. It's located in a central location, affordable flights and hotels, etc......

Also, our sidewalks do not have syringe needles and piles of shit everywhere......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said before, not even Pac 12 peeps want to go to Santa Clara. Only 35K showed up to watch UW and Utah play their boring as fuck game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy it while it lasts Mr. Gump. Your GOAT is about to retire as the greatest ever and Bammer football will be brought down to being mortal again......

Until our next GOAT...

Either way, y'all have a lot of catching up to do.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until our next GOAT...

Either way, y'all have a lot of catching up to do.

I still have no idea how you sons of bitches happen to fall upon the two greatest coaches in CFB history......You lucky bastards.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tickets are $135 right now. @broncosmitty paid $500 for his

hqdefault.jpg
But being there to see who doesn't move on to play UCF, priceless.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit how much 2nd ticket sellers make, I don't give a shit how much the stadium makes, and I don't give a shit how many tickets they sell.

I like some places more than others for traditional reasons, rather see the game in the Rose Bowl etc, but other than things like that, I don't see what it really matters.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no idea how you sons of bitches happen to fall upon the two greatest coaches in CFB history......You lucky bastards.....

Bear was a former player, but the coaching line didn't start with him.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in Texas is where I'd hold it.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Michigan State played at Levi Stadium just a week ago. The wind was 20 MPH but the field or surface was just ok. I'm a Niner fan and watch all of their games, field conditions can be chunky. Hope the wind & soggy turf doesn't slow tonight's game down.

P.S. When Oregon had the ball the wind seemed worse than when the Spartans had it.

Signed
OD

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit how much 2nd ticket sellers make, I don't give a shit how much the stadium makes, and I don't give a shit how many tickets they sell.

I like some places more than others for traditional reasons, rather see the game in the Rose Bowl etc, but other than things like that, I don't see what it really matters.

I like it in the traditional bowl game sites. The good ones like Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange and Cotton which would use Jerry World.

If they have it in Vegas once they get that thing done...I'd go to that without question...

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make since to have it closer to the campuses that are playing in it. I hear the tickets this year are selling for half of face value.

I think they've been less than that. Late last week, lower bowl seats were going for $175. And I hate how the media is blaming "Bama-Clemson fatigue." It's the fact that it's in Santa Clara, one of the most expensive areas in the world, closest to San Francisco, which has no interest in college football and is almost 3000 miles from 99% of the fanbases. Most Bama and Clemson fans are blue-collar (most football fans in general are). It doesn't matter how much tickets cost. They can't afford to pay thousands of dollars a person to fly across the country last minute for a game. It's like that Seinfeld scene, where Jerry tries to give George free Superbowl tickets and he says, "In order to use these, I gotta spend like fifteen-hundred bucks. This is a bill for fifteen-hundred dollars."

And of course, Levi Stadium is renowned for being the absolute worst football stadium out there. It's just a complete mess because they let Larry Scott have say in the title game, despite everyone knowing no one from the Big 12 is going to be in it.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually makes sense since Saban refuses to play a true home & home w/ any decent P5 program. When's the last time a Saban led Bama team played an away game that wasn't in either Florida, Georgia or Texas? When was the last time he played a true home & home series?

He's the best HC in the game & he's had that title for years. But he won't play anyone in their own backyard. Saban's allergic to OOC games in anyone's stadium.

Last time was Penn State in September 2011. So it's been 2,677 days since Bama played an out of conference road game.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to move around every year, but there's no reason for the NCG to ever be in the Bay Area. There's next to zero local support, and from everything I've heard, that stadium is a dump and might be the worst newer stadium in sports.

Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Indianapolis, and I think it'd be pretty cool to have it in NYC(well the stadium is in New Jersey, same thing).