• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Championship: Clemson vs Alabama 8pm ET ESPN

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Lawrence was caught at the bar last night celebrating his team's victory:

49485805_10156828925103486_6008011961172754432_n.jpg

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the "Clemson fan dream girl" was blowing up on social media last night.

Im sorry but can I ask it...

and you can tell me im an idiot. but if Jalen starts the 2nd half, is the game closer?

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but can I ask it...

and you can tell me im an idiot. but if Jalen starts the 2nd half, is the game closer?

A lot of people are asking that, so you're not an idiot. But no. What does Jalen add to the team in that situation? Tua made some bad early reads, but was overall accurate and did a good job moving the ball down the field. They just had a hard time putting the ball into the end zone. If you take him out and put Jalen in, you get a QB who can run the ball, but you lose a lot of your passing game. You're basically taking out Trevor Lawrence and putting in Kelly Bryant. Bama would lose its balanced attack, and Clemson could focus more on stopping the run, which is what they're best at (the only reason Bama had some success running the ball was because Clemson had to respect Tua so much). I think Bama would have done worse under Jalen (as they did when he was eventually put in).

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are asking that, so you're not an idiot. But no. What does Jalen add to the team in that situation? Tua made some bad early reads, but was overall accurate and did a good job moving the ball down the field. They just had a hard time putting the ball into the end zone. If you take him out and put Jalen in, you get a QB who can run the ball, but you lose a lot of your passing game. You're basically taking out Trevor Lawrence and putting in Kelly Bryant. Bama would lose its balanced attack, and Clemson could focus more on stopping the run, which is what they're best at (the only reason Bama had some success running the ball was because Clemson had to respect Tua so much). I think Bama would have done worse under Jalen (as they did when he was eventually put in).

my thinking is a different spark different mindset.

I think Eagles have that different spark/different mindset when Foles is playing as opposed to Wentz

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Eagles have that different spark/different mindset when Foles is playing as opposed to Wentz

Maybe there's something to that when a team has two equally good QBs, which I'd say the Eagles do. Their stats are surprisingly similar, but their personalities and leadership styles are different. In this scenario, you have Tua, who is one of the best players in the country, the undisputed leader of his team, and has a skill-set that Clemson has been vulnerable to. The other player has a skill-set that plays right into the Clemson's hands, since he's an average passer and a great runner, but Clemson has the best run defense (maybe in history). It was different with UGA because their strength is in their great secondary, and their weakness on defense is their defensive line. So I'm not saying they're not a different team under Jalen, just that the team they are under him is objectively worse in this matchup.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jalen would have been an better option in the red zone but that’s really it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do and the coach game plans better.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama came out half-assed, confused, while Clemson fired on all cylinders. Credit to Trevor Lawrence. He looks like a bitch but certainly doesn’t play like one.

I’m fucking embarrassed at the effort. Saban’s boys have some soul searching to do. Tua is far from the elite QB he appeared to be throughout most of the season. He needs to play better while under pressure and stop trying to hit homers on second downs.

Tosh Lupoi’s plan clearly underestimated the Clemson OL. I’d have pressured Lawrence in every way possible. Playing coverage has been Bama’s weakness. I hope Mack Wilson bites on these ridiculous draft mocks and heads to the NFL. The kid is on par with an awful kicking game, when it comes to clutch.

Bama’s schedule is weak as fuck next season. Fully expect them to sprint to the SEC Title Game once again and then struggle to find their mettle when shit gets real.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three of Clemson's NC's had a starting quarterback from Georgia.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama came out half-assed, confused, while Clemson fired on all cylinders. Credit to Trevor Lawrence. He looks like a bitch but certainly doesn’t play like one.

I’m fucking embarrassed at the effort. Saban’s boys have some soul searching to do. Tua is far from the elite QB he appeared to be throughout most of the season. He needs to play better while under pressure and stop trying to hit homers on second downs.

Tosh Lupoi’s plan clearly underestimated the Clemson OL. I’d have pressured Lawrence in every way possible. Playing coverage has been Bama’s weakness. I hope Mack Wilson bites on these ridiculous draft mocks and heads to the NFL. The kid is on par with an awful kicking game, when it comes to clutch.

Bama’s schedule is weak as fuck next season. Fully expect them to sprint to the SEC Title Game once again and then struggle to find their mettle when shit gets real.

Pretty comparable to this season. It really doesn't matter they get a #1 recruiting class every season, they have the best head coach and they have built depth for 3-4+ years. It's a cakewalk to the CFP

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be too pissed off right now to see things objectively (and I would be too if OU had gotten beat like that last night) but the logical answer is "yes", it would likely have made a marginal positive difference. Tua was horrible last night. Putting in the backup would probably have let Bama score a couple of more times but it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Jalen would have done a better job in the red zone. People have to remember Clemson could have scored again if they needed it.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be too pissed off right now to see things objectively (and I would be too if OU had gotten beat like that last night) but the logical answer is "yes", it would likely have made a marginal positive difference. Tua was horrible last night. Putting in the backup would probably have let Bama score a couple of more times but it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Jalen would have done a better job in the red zone. People have to remember Clemson could have scored again if they needed it.
Clemson D made Ian Book look erratic AF, too.

There's a common denominator here …

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not pissed at all really. I've been an Alabama fan for decades, these are good times. I just think it was more about coaching than anything as I've pointed out.

Tua also needs to cool his shit and stop trying to make homerun throws every down and go back to taking what the defense gives him, no doubt about that. But in the end, Jalen isn't going to make up for a complete lack of coaching effort.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a network nobody has......really?
Indeed. If you have been paying any attention, the station was herroragging viewers for several years. not my opinion but
from Fox Business channel.