• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name your forks against Nagy

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy's base problem isn't the run. It isn't the QB and really, I could even forgive his play calling. The problem is the O line. It starts there. Not sure I can blame Nagy with that or Pace. The talent on the O line is abysmal. You can't run if you can't run block. You can't pass if you can't pass block. The O line turned a terrible pass rusher in Floyd into an all pro last night.

Somewhat on Nagy I suppose. I would have benched both Massie and Leno this season... Nothing on the Bears sideline could be any worse.

Nagy tried running last night... into the teeth of the Defense with a nonexistent O line. I don't believe he had much of a choice though, neither Leno or Massie could block me, much less the DE/OLB's of the Rams.
The o-line was shit last year too, so I sure af can blame Pace and Nagy. How many o-lineman did we draft this year? None.

This line has proven to be able to zone block well, but Nagy is a stubborn **** that doesn't wanna run it. He's rather over-complicate shit and make his o-line look like confused turnstyles.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o-line was shit last year too, so I sure af can blame Pace and Nagy. How many o-lineman did we draft this year? None.

This line has proven to be able to zone block well, but Nagy is a stubborn **** that doesn't wanna run it. He's rather over-complicate shit and make his o-line look like confused turnstyles.
2. The Bears drafted 2.

Round 7 (226): OL Arlington Hambright, Colorado
Round 7 (227): OL Lachavious Simmons, Tennessee State

But to your point. Perhaps they should have drafted better prospects, but then we may not have Mooney or Johnson.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The Bears drafted 2.

But to your point. Perhaps they should have drafted better prospects, but then we may not have Mooney or Johnson.
I'm actually ok with the draft, and like the Ifedi signing.

I fucking hate Nagy tho. He bugs the shit out of me.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? BearsWillWin. Suppose you didn't notice that the Bears punt "returner" did not return a single punt all game. Do not believe, Ginn believes in catching punts much less attempting a "return" as he never even attempted a fair catch.

So why not call a timeout and go for an all out block?

Why continue to put the same guy back there to return punts when he isn't catching anything? There are 4 or 5 other guys on the roster that could return punts, at least.

Why keep Ginn active and Ridley inactive?

Stop making excuses for shitty coaching decisions.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the O line. It starts there. Not sure I can blame Nagy with that or Pace. The talent on the O line is abysmal. You can't run if you can't run block. You can't pass if you can't pass block. The O line turned a terrible pass rusher in Floyd into an all pro last night.

If Pace isn't to blame for the talent on the o-line......then who the fuck is?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The Bears drafted 2.

Pace has NEVER drafted an offensive tackle in rounds 1-5.

Never. Not once.

And he's only draft 4 o-lineman in the top 5 rounds 4 times in his history here.....2 of those guys aren't even with the team anymore.

Safe to say we can blame Pace for the offensive line.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't draft for the OL...but he will sure as shit trade away picks to pick a RB or QB that is sure to fail.

Fire Pace....kindly ask him to take Nagy with him when he packs up his office.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't draft for the OL...but he will sure as shit trade away picks to pick a RB or QB that is sure to fail.

Foles was their last gasp effort to save their jobs...It could be a bloodbath at season's end if we drop a few more stinkers like last night. That said, we're probably gonna get enough dubs against teams that lack a significant pass rush to sneak in the playoffs...so their death bell might not ring until the 2022 offseason.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles was their last gasp effort to save their jobs...It could be a bloodbath at season's end if we drop a few more stinkers like last night. That said, we're probably gonna get enough dubs against teams that lack a significant pass rush to sneak in the playoffs...so their death bell might not ring until the 2022 offseason.

We have the Lions again plus the Texans, Jags, and Vikings twice. Those are 5 very winnable games. Not sure how we beat the Saints, Titans, or Packers 2 times.

But in the end...yeah this team still has a realistic chance to make the playoffs despite only the defense being playoff worthy.

Pace and Nagy will get a pass one more time...unfortunately.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why not call a timeout and go for an all out block?

Why continue to put the same guy back there to return punts when he isn't catching anything? There are 4 or 5 other guys on the roster that could return punts, at least.

Why keep Ginn active and Ridley inactive?

Stop making excuses for shitty coaching decisions.

If Pace isn't to blame for the talent on the o-line......then who the fuck is?

Pace has NEVER drafted an offensive tackle in rounds 1-5.

Never. Not once.

And he's only draft 4 o-lineman in the top 5 rounds 4 times in his history here.....2 of those guys aren't even with the team anymore.

Safe to say we can blame Pace for the offensive line.

All solid arguments for getting both Pace and Nagy removed. I'm not making excuses, I was pointing out issues. First issue, we somewhat agree. The oline is on Pace. Pace has screwed the pooch on the Offensive side of the ball when it comes to talent. But damn has he drafted/traded well on the D side of the ball. 2. How are you going to fire a coach who's record over the three years is 25-14. Same issue with Pace sort of, he does have the Fox years to consider. 3. Bears are looking square at a play off birth, ugly wins or not, there is 2 wins at Minny, 1 win at Detroit, possible split with GB and they still play the Texans. (I give the Bears a fair shot at beating the Saints next week as well, they looked like they were no better than the Panthers on Sunday, and we beat the Panthers). That's a 9-10 win season. There is an expanded NFL post season this year, imagine getting the NFC East winner in the first round, Bears could actually advance one round in the playoffs. When in the history of the NFL do teams fire a coach or GM coming off of 2 play off runs in 3 years and a 10 win season (maybe).

These issues have to be realized, I understand. At this juncture, the only scenario I see is if the Bears tank the rest of the season. Frankly, the D is too good and there are 3-4 really bad teams the Bears get to play with a beast of a Defense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possible split with GB

Send me your venmo....barring an injury to Rodgers...if the Bears split with GB....I will send you $500.

You can save this post and I'll even PM you my name, address, and phone number if you want it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send me your venmo....barring an injury to Rodgers...if the Bears split with GB....I will send you $500.

You can save this post and I'll even PM you my name, address, and phone number if you want it.
Oh hell, I'll go ahead and predict a split with the Packers, Rodgers included.

My venmo is all letters: "MONEY HUNGRY BASTARD".

:nutswing:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not willingly cheer for the Packers...but if somebody wants to send me money when we sweep that Packers... :suds:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears will lose twice to the Packers, lose to the Saints and Titans. The Bears will have difficulty against Minnesota, possibly winning at home but lose in Minneapolis. I'm not confident about the Jags game, and Detroit will be close.

All in all I see them 7-9 or 8-8.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears will lose twice to the Packers, lose to the Saints and Titans. The Bears will have difficulty against Minnesota, possibly winning at home but lose in Minneapolis. I'm not confident about the Jags game, and Detroit will be close.

All in all I see them 7-9 or 8-8.
1603842314469.png

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy seems to not have an identity that he bases the rest of the offense on. It's definitely partly a talent issue as the O line limits him and it's not like we have Mahomes, but it also seems like Nagy thinks his identity is to be the smartest guy in the room. For example, Jimmy Graham is really good in the red zone. A normal person might think "try to get Jimmy Graham one-on-one in the end zone and give him a chance to make a play cause it's got a good chance of working." Nagy seems to think "people know that Jimmy Graham is good in the red zone and will think I'm going to try to get a favorable matchup with him, so i'm going to throw them for a loop by not even putting him on the field and running a short out with Anthony Miller." Or in short yardage, you might think that David Montgomery is our best short yardage back because he obviously is, so Nagy thinks "if I put Cordarrelle Patterson in there the defense would never guess that i'd run a toss sweep with him so it's sure to work!"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy seems to not have an identity that he bases the rest of the offense on. It's definitely partly a talent issue as the O line limits him and it's not like we have Mahomes, but it also seems like Nagy thinks his identity is to be the smartest guy in the room. For example, Jimmy Graham is really good in the red zone. A normal person might think "try to get Jimmy Graham one-on-one in the end zone and give him a chance to make a play cause it's got a good chance of working." Nagy seems to think "people know that Jimmy Graham is good in the red zone and will think I'm going to try to get a favorable matchup with him, so i'm going to throw them for a loop by not even putting him on the field and running a short out with Anthony Miller." Or in short yardage, you might think that David Montgomery is our best short yardage back because he obviously is, so Nagy thinks "if I put Cordarrelle Patterson in there the defense would never guess that i'd run a toss sweep with him so it's sure to work!"
I think this may, if not sum up Nagy's decision making, at least displays a microcosm of it:

I said the other day that in back-back games, Kmet made two nice catches for important gains, including a TD. But those were his only two targets all game on both. Now this is not to suggest that if Kmet had more targets, the Bears would beaten the Rams and in the previous game would have allowed the Bears to destroy the Panthers. But it does go to show that Nagy seems to find it difficult to establish momentum and consistency in his play calling.