• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name the NFC offensive player of the year!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a bum knee. That's a completely shredded one. And he still almost won that gam for them with a far inferior supporting cast.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I must have missed that "3 times the player" performance on his bum knee in last year's playoff game.

Well he did start off leading two TD drives in that game one being 9 plays for 80 yards and the next one was 11 plays for 54 yards.

After that second drive the knee gave out and he was a shell of himself the rest of the game.

Seattle's defense looked like it was showing no signs of slowing him down at that time but you never know how much they would've adjusted as the game went on.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's not a bum knee. That's a completely shredded one. And he still almost won that gam for them with a far inferior supporting cast.

The defenses were worlds apart but the offenses weren't that far apart from each other.

Washington's run game was only second really to the Vikings this past season and neither team was brimming with talent at TE or WR.

I would take a healthy RG3 over Wilson but I think health is always going to be an issue with RG3. For starters he runs like an idiot and I just don't think he has that body type that can take punishment like a Newton or Kaepernick can.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always be a RG3 fan, the dude can throw the long ball like nobody else. However he doesn't seem to be to smart about not risking injuries. This last one was his second major injury.

I was all for the Seahawks doing whatever it took to draft him...in hindsight Seahawks were way smarter then me...happy as hell with Wilson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jikkle got a question for you. Some posters have been interested in a FF league here. I haven't seen any going on. Is it a matter of software to make it happen or just that its to time consuming to be bothered with? I sure posters from other boards would be interested in the same. What can you tell us about the matter?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Matthew Stafford. The addition of Bush allows him to spread it around a little more. It also gives him a safety valve with reliability (the only reliable receiver he's had is usually triple covered). The theoretically improved run blocking line should see a drop in his attempts, but an increase in ypa and an increase in the TD INT ratio.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is because OPY is more about gaudy stats than being clutch or winning games. In these areas I think that Stafford is definitely better than the other young QBs in the NFC. Cam Newton is actually a possiblity because he's another gaudy stat type QB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always be a RG3 fan, the dude can throw the long ball like nobody else. However he doesn't seem to be to smart about not risking injuries. This last one was his second major injury.

I was all for the Seahawks doing whatever it took to draft him...in hindsight Seahawks were way smarter then me...happy as hell with Wilson.

Blame Shanahan. He's playing to win now with a team not built to support it and relying on a QB to carry it in a way that puts him at significant risk. If I am a coach and can take any player to build a team around over the next 7-8 years, it's RG3, and it's in a pro style offense. Even the big, tough guys playing QB get beat up running the ball consistently. RG3 can play a role similar to Brady or manning and I would take him if he ran a 5.0. Throw in the speed to avoid pressure and make plays when things break down, and you can't beat that.

Running read option is very short sighted and far too much was invested in him to put him at that kind of risk. That's the coach's fault, not Griffin's. Bare minimum, you take it out of the gameplan once the knee was reinjured vs you guys. Without the insistence on ruining the knee with every play call, RG3 has a very legitimate shot to be able to step into his throws down the stretch vs you guys and make you sweat. For the record, I fire Shanahan on the spot after that game. I thought handling griffin (who he mortgaged the hell out of the future for) was that bad.

As for Wilson, he was great value for a third rounder. Please don't take me thinking he isn't going to get to the (Brady, Manning, Rodgers) elite tier as thinking he sucks, or was a bad pick. People got defensive over it, but I'm not hating on your QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but here's the thing...he is going to get to that level.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we'll see. I'd like to be proven wrong. He seems like a good guy. I just don't think his physical tools match up to it. But at least you're not telling me he's going to be the second best QB in the NFL next year. I can respect your opinion because while it's optimistic it's not batshit crazy. We differ by a few QBs in front of him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go with AP or Calvin Johnson.

As much as Seahawks fans and 49ers fans want to assert their QB as an NFC offensive player of the year candidate, I have to echo the statements other posters have made that highlight the fact that the Seahawks/49ers offenses don't set their QB up for massive stats.

If for some reason the 49ers or Seahawks adjusted their offenses to the point where Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick received more opportunities to throw/run for touchdowns it would be different. Even if there was a serious injury to Frank Gore or Marshawn Lynch I couldn't see that happening due to the terrific depth at HB both teams possess.

Difference between AP/Calvin Johnson and Wilson/Kaepernick is that the Vikings and Lions both rely on those two players much, much more than the Seahawks/49ers do on any individual player.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jikkle got a question for you. Some posters have been interested in a FF league here. I haven't seen any going on. Is it a matter of software to make it happen or just that its to time consuming to be bothered with? I sure posters from other boards would be interested in the same. What can you tell us about the matter?

Not personally into the FF scene so I won't be of much help.

I do know the 9ers board does have FF action going on so might want to drop in there and ask the people there.

I will say it's good to see this board thrive enough that a FF league could get going. It's always more fun when you can smack talk with rivals :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Good to know that there has been some FF going on. Like you I haven't
really been into it , but though I'd check into it for those that enjoy that.

Thanks for the info.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Stafford has proven he can put up big numbers and with bush being there gives them a above average run game now. There defense is still not very good so I see them having to score a lot again on offense witch will keep Staffords numbers high.

I know your team record means a lot 2 win the award and they have the second toughest conference next to ours so we will see how that works out for them. I must say that Detroit, with there offseason additions, looks better on offense then the rest of there division this year. So my pick not going with my hometown guys will be Stafford.