• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name the NFC offensive player of the year!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Russell Wilson! I know the Seahawks are a run first team, but I see Russell pulling off enough big plays to win this award.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love to see Russell Wilson win player of the year, I think AP takes it again. He's a wrecking machine for the vikings and as of now he's the only offence they have. As long as Christian Ponder stays sub average, AP will continue to carry the load.

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call AP, Calvin, or Harvin. If harvin works out, he will be the base of our offense when marshawn is gone.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should have a good year, but he's not going to put up Rodgers or Brees like numbers. It's probably going to be AP or Megatron.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Megatron would be my early pick since I think the addition of Reggie Bush is going to ease some of the pressure off the passing attack of the Lions which should give him better looks.

AP is in the mix but it's really hard to put back to back monster seasons.

Brees and Rodgers are always going to be in the mix

Kaepernick I would put in the mix as well since he's going to have a lot of chances to do things with his feet along with his arm. But SF likes to have balance on offense so he might not enough snaps at it to overtake a Rodgers or Brees.

Wilson has the same problem as Kaepernick as Seattle likes to run a balanced offense and the offense features less designed runs than the SF offense does.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep and Wilson face the same problem, neither QB will have to pass as much as QBs like Rogers, Brady, or Brees. Still if their teams have the success I expect, then they'll be in the mix!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan has been improving increasingly every year by year. It wouldnt surprise me if he was awarded this. Especially with his receiving corp. I would like to be a homer here, seattle operates as a unit. Its too spread out, woderfully, selflessly..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan has been improving increasingly every year by year. It wouldnt surprise me if he was awarded this. Especially with his receiving corp. I would like to be a homer here, seattle operates as a unit. Its too spread out, woderfully, selflessly..

I could see Ryan winning the prize. While I'll agree the way Seahawks( 49ers also) spread the wealth around it makes it tough to win a honor like offensive player of the year. I do think if the team kicks ass like I think they will, the QB will get most of the credit, there fore I'll stick with Russell. With a full season under his belt and the undisputed starter who will get 90% of the snaps I feel he'll dwarf last year numbers.
That doesn't take in consideration being able to work with his receivers in the off season. Last year it seemed like every receiver was hurt during the preseason and not able to practice. This year Russell is already working out with them!
Then consider having Harvin as a added weapon ! Yeah I like Wilson chances!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP on our team is most likely Russell.
League MVP is another deal entirely.
My homer vote is Percy, and gobs of his points come from other than playing WR.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call AP, Calvin, or Harvin. If harvin works out, he will be the base of our offense when marshawn is gone.

Im not sure about that colton.
Offensively, Pete is a run 1st HC. If Marshawn can't go, we have 2 real good backs behind him.
Great depth on a run 1st team.
Now smooth out an OL and we are set offensively.

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Russell Wilson! I know the Seahawks are a run first team, but I see Russell pulling off enough big plays to win this award.
I love that too, but unless we have the best record in the NFC I can't see that happening. The East Coast bias is so strong, If it isn't Matt Ryan, who can cause offensive havoc in a weak NFC South, it will go to the writers favorite Aaron Rodgers.

I believe Rodgers at this point in he career is the best QB in the NFL and the best front guy the NFL can sell the game to the networks.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Wilson's not going to throw the ball 600 times, the yards wont be there. He would need to be in the top three for passing TDs, lead the league in QBR and win 13+ games. As much as I would love for that to happen and believe that they're capable of it, I wouldn't take it to Vegas.

I'd go with Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Wilson's not going to throw the ball 600 times, the yards wont be there. He would need to be in the top three for passing TDs, lead the league in QBR and win 13+ games. As much as I would love for that to happen and believe that they're capable of it, I wouldn't take it to Vegas.

I'd go with Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers.

Let my heart be still. Sonny good to see you make a post again!

As far as Wilson goes...I think if he leads this team to the promise land that he just like Brady (even though Payton had the stats) has a good chance to win this award. I know...I'm a homer.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD. But RG3 on a bum knee is twice the QB Wilson is.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let my heart be still. Sonny good to see you make a post again!

As far as Wilson goes...I think if he leads this team to the promise land that he just like Brady (even though Payton had the stats) has a good chance to win this award. I know...I'm a homer.

Brady average game - 21.4/33.6 253 1.89 TD .69 INT

Peyton average game - 22.6/34.7 265 1.95 TD .93 INT

Just for reference, the stats aren't actually that different.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD. But RG3 on a bum knee is twice the QB Wilson is.

A bit early to draw conclusions. I will say this I was a huge RG3 fan before he was drafted. I was following him his whole senior season and posting that this is th guy we need, got a little carried away with it. He started out be projected as a 3rd round pick and just keep rising and rising. I was ready to trade a bunch of draft choices for him. I plum got carried away.

With that being said Wilson was my fall back pick and I'm really happy with him. I get the feeling he's going to end up with the better career.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit early to draw conclusions. I will say this I was a huge RG3 fan before he was drafted. I was following him his whole senior season and posting that this is th guy we need, got a little carried away with it. He started out be projected as a 3rd round pick and just keep rising and rising. I was ready to trade a bunch of draft choices for him. I plum got carried away.

With that being said Wilson was my fall back pick and I'm really happy with him. I get the feeling he's going to end up with the better career.

When I see RG3 I see a guy who could be elite solely as a pocket passer (provided Shanahan doesn't ruin him). If he ran a 4.9 I would have still made him a top 5 pick. If he is handled intelligently and is taught to view running as a last option in most cases, he will still be one of the best in the NFL IMO. Add in his blistering speed, and teams either have to keep an extra spy on him and give him more options to show off his arm, or make it that much more deadly when he decides to scramble.

Russell Wilson, with his ability to scramble and all, should develop into a solid NFL QB. I don't see him ever breaking in to the elite group, though. He's not a Tim Tebow who can't throw at all, but he doesn't have the kind of arm RG3 does, and I think a lot of the read option stuff will slow down. A lot of times when things break into the NFL, it takes a year or two to effectively scheme against it, but the novelty does wear off.

My opinion isn't "don't be happy with your guy". For a third round pick especially, you are in better shape than a lot of the teams in the NFL at the quarterback position. I just think RG3 will be one of the best in the league for years to come unless Shanahan manages to ruin him.

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM.?

I must have missed that "3 times the player" performance on his bum knee in last year's playoff game.