• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done dad. I can't punch him in the face and he knows it. As I said he has been warned about the name calling for a long time. It is his MO. No offense to you dad but you have given him more warnings than he has deserved. He just does it over and over because he hasn't had to pay a price for not respecting the board.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Freedom was the WFL or USFL team.
And Elton John named a song of his after them. I think their used to be team tennis back in the day.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reconfiguring the arrow design into one that's unrelated to Native American types and rebranding the team name to "Warhawks" would work. There would necessarily have to be small changes to the song too!
(Braves on the warpath = team on a war path for example) Everything else can stay the same including colors. Outside of that, if there's a will to keep the Native American motif he could rebrand the team with an actual tribe name with their blessing.

For those concerned with the song, try it... "Warhawks" vs some others listed here.

What's up, homey. How you been?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you’re an angry, triggered, old man.

I cant think of a single poster I have EVER let get to me so much, that I felt the need to threaten them.

It’s also hilarious.

Also, tiring.
Enough out of you. I’m putting you on ignore.
Let me get this straight; you instigated a verbal fight AGAIN, and when he dares to respond to your crap, you pee your pants and threaten to put him on ignore. That must be heart-breaking for him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But the money people seem to want to get rid of that, as well.

I think the money people are just betting on who looks to be the heavy odds on favorite. On the real, they probably couldn't give a damn what the Skins are called. Its the name change crew pushing the no NA related anything. At least imo and on one hand. I can't blame em. They've had very few, if any real tangible wins, that I can think of.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EWtR_4yXQAYeUEH

I dig those looks. The all gold looks sweet. Always wondered what a gold jersey burgundy pants tandem would look lik3 as well.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight; you instigated a verbal fight AGAIN, and when he dares to respond to your crap, you pee your pants and threaten to put him on ignore. That must be heart-breaking for him.

I instigated it? That’s hilarious.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we changing the logo too?

im just hearing team nickname nothing about the logo. but why is a picture of a Indian offensive? i dont get it.

Those who oppose the logo say its relegates Native Americans to nothing more significant than a mascot of a sports team. Which really is no significance at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, homey. How you been?

I'm good man, just rocking back while reading in real time fellow poster's going through the 3 stages of grief.
How's things with you?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stages of grief is right:

shock
denial
anger
bargaining
depression
testing
acceptance.

Can find it all here. Well said.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
If some people cant get behind what is inevitable, then I say “fuck em.”

New colors and new names isnt an expansion team, in my opinion. I’m rooting for the redskins because I grew up in DC. I dont care about the fucking name.

IMO the right thing to do - from Snyder’s perspective - might be to rebrand the team to refect the make up of the city it represents.

Redtails might be less manly than RedHawks, but both would be excellent choices to honor the Tuskegee Airmen in a predominantly black city.

Talk about erasing some/a lot/ all of the bad juju surrounding this team in one fell swoop.

If The Danny insists on keeing it native American themed, then Warriors is a good way to go. It’s a half-assed move that clearly illustrates that the only reason The Danny changed his mind is financial, which is probably true anyway, but it’ll at least be palpitable to thise who are strangely connected to the word “Redskins” and the loveliness of the burgandy and gold.

I like the history/intent of Red Tails and representation of it being a black fighter pilot, but the name itself simply doesn't pop or have a flow to me. And not to be a dick or anything, but how does RedHawks honor the black majority of DC exactly?

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good man, just rocking back while reading in real time fellow poster's going through the 3 stages of grief.
How's things with you?

Its all good with me, homey and I think I'm in stage 3 of that grief thing of which you speak.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good with me, homey and I think I'm in stage 3 of that grief thing of which you speak.
Acceptance is the final stage. If you're there, then you've done something that I didn't think you were capable of... impressing me more! :suds:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acceptance is the final stage. If you're there, then you've done something that I didn't think you were capable of... impressing me more! :suds:

Heh. Yeah, acceptance has come. I mean don't get me wrong. Being the selfish ass0 that I am. I'm holding out hope all the naysayers wake up manana and feel just as I do about the Redskins. We can then drop all this name change business and get back to the good ol' days of me whining about being in love with a bitch I can't stand, but beyond that. I know its time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the history/intent of Red Tails and representation of it being a black fighter pilot, but the name itself simply doesn't pop or have a flow to me. And not to be a dick or anything, but how does RedHawks honor the black majority of DC exactly?

As a former sailor who worked in Aviation I think the Tuskegee Airman were some bad dudes but what does it have to do with Washington football?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO!! I am good Ruz, he can put me on ignore. :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After he died with the cop on top of him ala George Floyd they thought he had fallen asleep and made jokes about his mommy being mad because he overslept. As they were loading him on the gurney the cop who had been kneeling on him said "wow, hope I didn't kill him." The case was actually buried by the Dallas police until a judge forced the cops to release of the body cam film in 2019. At that, still no movement, can't blame the press … they did report the story after the judge released it. Just no outcry for justice. I don't think you can say you are racist if you are white because we are privileged or so I am told. Before that I was guilty of being an older white male. This is the labeling that is running rampant in this country. Twice as many unarmed white people were killed in a year as black people. BLM would not have you think that.

I really try to stay away from politics and social issues on here. Three of my four grandparents lived at least some of their childhood in orphanages. So when someone tells me "white privilege" I am going to tell them to fuck off because they know nothing about me. I am not making any excuses. I am just telling you I am tired of this shit. One of my niece's white father/black mother recently talked about being bi-racial and how she was not accepted fully in either culture. Racism exists and it is not going to go away. Changing names of forts, football teams, schools etc. isn't going to change a damn thing. That has to happen inside each and everyone of us.

Good job gk. Don't know if you knew who Tony Timpa was or Googled him and don't care. It is as much history as George Floyd is and should be remembered also.

I googled Tony Timpa shortly after George Floyd’s death. That is how I found out but not recently. I was rebutting somebody else’s claim that it is about race and showed the exact same death, but Floyd was not mocked. I also found out about Chauvin’s abuse record, which had nothing to do with race. He and his partner yanked a white woman out of her car, baby in the back seat. When she asked what was going on, after several times, Chauvin finally answered the van fits a description. They let her go and didn’t even say sorry for the inconvenience.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the money people are just betting on who looks to be the heavy odds on favorite. On the real, they probably couldn't give a damn what the Skins are called. Its the name change crew pushing the no NA related anything. At least imo and on one hand. I can't blame em. They've had very few, if any real tangible wins, that I can think of.
if we are trying to give them a win i think we can do better then what a football team is called .

Status
Not open for further replies.