• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My solution to the Extra point

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason it is now being debated on if the NFL should abolish it or change it...

I have a solution i want to see what other people think about it...

The proposal:

There is no 2 point conversions... You must kick the ball

The coach has the option to place the ball for the kicker at 3 different lengths

1 point for a 30 Yarder
2 points for a 45 yarder
3 points for a 60 yarder

Penalties can still push the ball back or up, but the points wont change... for example if a team decides to kick a 45 yarder, and the other team commits a penalty to make it a 30 yarder the team still gets 2 points... Same is true if the ball is moved back...

The 2 things that this proposal does, is now it is possible to score 9 points on a drive... That will allow teams to come back easier, and make more excitement to games...

It will also make the extra point less automatic, but the one point is still very easy to do...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just leave the thing alone. It's fine how it is, why mess with it?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just leave the thing alone. It's fine how it is, why mess with it?

I think i agree with you, but if they are going to change it, how do you like my proposal???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is broken as we have to sit there and watch ground hog day over and over with no action. I don't mind the kick option but I doubt that they'd do something that drastic. I bet that they will go for the automatic 7 pts since its routine anyway. Then if you want to go for 2 pts its basically the same result 6 or 8 pts.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make whoever scored the TD kick the PAT.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is broken as we have to sit there and watch ground hog day over and over with no action. I don't mind the kick option but I doubt that they'd do something that drastic. I bet that they will go for the automatic 7 pts since its routine anyway. Then if you want to go for 2 pts its basically the same result 6 or 8 pts.

Thanks for actually playing the game... You say that you think they will go with the 7 points with an option to go for 2 and risking a point idea... But do you like that idea?? Do you like my proposal less or more than that one, even if my proposal is less likely to happen...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it. A 30 yarder is nothing. I'd rather watch a 2 point run or pass attempt than a 45 yard kick. A 3 point try would be a rarity if the downside is 0 if he misses from 60. Going for 2 is always more interesting to watch than a FG attempt unless the guy is going for a record or something. FG kickers have their place but I'm not in favor of giving them even more importance. I like the idea of keeping it the way it is with the exception of moving the kick back to where it would make going for 2 a more attractive option.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it. A 30 yarder is nothing. I'd rather watch a 2 point run or pass attempt than a 45 yard kick. A 3 point try would be a rarity if the downside is 0 if he misses from 60. Going for 2 is always more interesting to watch than a FG attempt unless the guy is going for a record or something. FG kickers have their place but I'm not in favor of giving them even more importance. I like the idea of keeping it the way it is with the exception of moving the kick back to where it would make going for 2 a more attractive option.

The yards i mentioned are of course not set in stone... I just think i like the added strategy... And i Actually do believe the kickers should be more part of the game... If we take away xtra points then we might take away FGs next, it is the logical progression...

I also like the potential 9 point drive... I think that could actually be a lot of fun, and allow some games to be much more exciting...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it the fuck alone.

Stop ruining football.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason it is now being debated on if the NFL should abolish it or change it...

The proposal:

The coach has the option to place the ball for the kicker at 3 different lengths

1 point for a 30 Yarder
2 points for a 45 yarder
3 points for a 60 yarder

Penalties can still push the ball back or up, but the points wont change... for example if a team decides to kick a 45 yarder, and the other team commits a penalty to make it a 30 yarder the team still gets 2 points... Same is true if the ball is moved back...

The 2 things that this proposal does, is now it is possible to score 9 points on a drive... That will allow teams to come back easier, and make more excitement to games...

It will also make the extra point less automatic, but the one point is still very easy to do...

Too many video games, I see.

It's interesting, but it defeats the point.

IMO, why mess with it at all?

The practical reason is to prevent injuries.

But I say leave it be.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many video games, I see.

It's interesting, but it defeats the point.

IMO, why mess with it at all?

The practical reason is to prevent injuries.

But I say leave it be.

I agree that it should be kept the same... But i fear that it wont... And if they do decide to change, i hate the 2 proposals i have heard...

One takes away kicking all together
and the other weakens makes it more logical to go for the 2 point conversion(similar odds)

if we change it to one of those then we are taking away half the importance of the kicker, which makes me wonder if that means the next step is to take away field goal kicking all together...

If they do change it, then I like my proposal best of the the 3 options, because it makes the kicker more important... And that will make it more important to get a good kicker...

Once again, i hope they dont change... I am just playing the if they do change the rule game...

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The proposal:

1 point for a 30 Yarder
2 points for a 45 yarder
3 points for a 60 yarder

eh, that's an interesting suggestion. I guess it would be more exciting than the PAT. I guess the problem is that in today's NFL, kickers are making 95% of the 30 yarders and 80% of the 45 yarders so it would be a no-brainer to go for 2 every time. Right now, the league only makes a 2-pt conversion about half the time so for this method to really make sense, the 2-pointer would probably need to be at 55 yards.

To me, unless the kick is at the end of a game to win it, any FG or PAT is boring no matter what you do with it.

I think to make it more interesting, they should just keep the PAT but the kicker has to make the kick with a blindfold on. They would probably still make 90% of them but some of the kicks would be hilarious. We might even get a complete whiff or two.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which makes me wonder if that means the next step is to take away field goal kicking all together...

is that a bad thing? i have to admit, any FG or PAT is boring to me unless it is at the end of the game to win it. I don't think it would bother me to eliminate the kicker all together. Even kick-offs have become boring as hell. Before they moved the kick-off up, we used to get about 20 kick off TD's a year. This year, we had 7 and there are rarely any runbacks at all. It's just not worth it. It's not an exciting play any more.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just put the ball on the 10yd line. It's still almost automatic, but you may get 1 or 2 missed extra pts a year worthy of discussion.

Nothing crazy here.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The proposal:

1 point for a 30 Yarder
2 points for a 45 yarder
3 points for a 60 yarder

I'm for leaving it alone but if a change is going to be made, I like your thought on it.....It gives a three way option over our now 2, and it doesn't take away the small percentage element of a bad snap and or turnover....
I'd be ok with that....You should try to get that in the right hands because RG sounds like his mind is made up to change it and the proposal door is still open...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for leaving it alone but if a change is going to be made, I like your thought on it.....It gives a three way option over our now 2, and it doesn't take away the small percentage element of a bad snap and or turnover....
I'd be ok with that....You should try to get that in the right hands because RG sounds like his mind is made up to change it and the proposal door is still open...

roger does not read the SportsHoopla??