• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Solution to tanking

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution IMO because I'm so over these bad players "resting" their players. So here is what I knew.

Give all teams who's in lottery the same odds of getting the top pick(s). This will end most of this tanking we're seeing from these bad teams.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popovich actually found the solution against the Lakers by pulling his stars out and resting them and basically out tanked the Lakers - lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution IMO because I'm so over these bad players "resting" their players. So here is what I knew.

Give all teams who's in lottery the same odds of getting the top pick(s). This will end most of this tanking we're seeing from these bad teams.

12 teams go into the lottery, right...?

agree that the tanking has gotten outta hand , but i would think the NBA would have another way to penalize teams. say for example fines or removing picks altogether that purposely go into the tank...

then again who knows ? your way might actually be good too...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with tanking or resting players - It hasn't helped the teams any way. The Clippers got first round picks for almost 20 years before it helped. Phoenix and Minnesota have been rebuilding with first round picks for twice as long as the Lakers. The Lakers by the end of this season has went from 14 to 22 wins and should be close to the playoff threshold next year at this time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree that the tanking has gotten outta hand , but i would think the NBA would have another way to penalize teams. say for example fines or removing picks altogether that purposely go into the tank...

They need to do something. It is out of hand now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that the lottery was designed to prevent tanking.

It doesn't work. Do away with it. The worst team should get the first pick. Teams will tank anyway. I do not think it is fair to give pick 1 to a marginal playoff team. What if a team like OKC had won in 2015? They would have added KAT to Westbrook and Durant.

The draft should give the worst teams the best picks. The 6ers tank would not have been so prolonged if they had just gotten those elite picks like they should have.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers would've been fine by now if they weren't stuck in the 80's while keeping on drafting frontcourt players in a modern backcourt driven league. But I'm stoked to see Simmons playing point guard next season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to find a way to reward the bottom 10 teams for winning vs losing.

Yeah something to give these teams something to play for in the final 1.5 months of the season instead of having telling their vets "hey see you in September for training camp"

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a solution.

All the non-playoff teams get to play in a college type bracket one game elimination tourney for the # 1 pick. The 2nd place finisher gets the 2nd pick in the draft and so forth.....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean you don't enjoy watching Tyler "One Foot Already Out of the NBA" Ennis play heavy minutes? You sir, stand alone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a solution.

All the non-playoff teams get to play in a college type bracket one game elimination tourney for the # 1 pick. The 2nd place finisher gets the 2nd pick in the draft and so forth.....

Guys, you are so overthinking this.

The worst teams should get the first pick because that is the only way to give them a chance to rebuild.

Any system that rewards better teams will do away with tanking, but it will also be ridiculously unfair to lousy teams unable to attract free agent talent. Bad teams must have a hypothetical path to get better. If you stick them in the late lottery every year, they will never land that star to turn the franchise around.

I honestly think tanking is way overblown. Everyone is always saying how the regular season doesn't really matter outside a small handful of games. I do not think it is worth trying to fix.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, you are so overthinking this.

The worst teams should get the first pick because that is the only way to give them a chance to rebuild.

Any system that rewards better teams will do away with tanking, but it will also be ridiculously unfair to lousy teams unable to attract free agent talent. Bad teams must have a hypothetical path to get better. If you stick them in the late lottery every year, they will never land that star to turn the franchise around.

I honestly think tanking is way overblown. Everyone is always saying how the regular season doesn't really matter outside a small handful of games. I do not think it is worth trying to fix.

Agree. Supposedly, the lottery was going to end tanking. Well, the tanking is just as bad, if not worse than ever.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Supposedly, the lottery was going to end tanking. Well, the tanking is just as bad, if not worse than ever.

Exactly.

Also tanking is worst in basketball because 1 player can single handedly turn a franchise. That isn't true in any other sport. No matter what the rules, teams will always conspire to land that sure fire star.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the lowest 3 teams from each conference equal chances at each of the bottom 6 slots. That will end much

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way you can purposefully prove that. In any case a coach can say a player's dealing with back spasms or tweaked their ankle.

My approach would be that you can't have a top 5 pick in consecutive drafts (unless the pick is coming from another team). So we'll use the 76ers as an example here:

The 76ers are likely going to have a top 5 pick this draft, which seems to be the case every year. Next year, if they find themselves in the lottery, the rule should be that even though they're in the lotto, they can go no higher than 6th.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy idea.

Once a team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs... wins start helping their lottery odds and losses start hurting them.

Before you are eliminated mathematically... every loss gives you 1 point. After you are elminated... every win gives you 1 point. The more points - the more odds you get at top picks.