• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff Carolina win

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I think the refs did an ok job. They missed calls for both teams. I was just really pissed off about that sack. I just don't understand how a ref can call a penalty on that. 49ers fans at the bar were going crazy and yes I was one of them.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is out of line for a fan to say that he preferred Kaep to any of the other QB left in the playoffs. Different QB's are suited to different systems. I actually prefer Kaep to Payton right now. I just don't think he fits as well with this team just as Kaep wouldn't be as successful with Denver. I just don't think this line could give payton the protection he needs. They would also have to change the offense. Now just because a player is considered elite does not mean they would thrive in any system. Payton was smart enough to pick his system. I remember players who ended up on the wrong team and looked like busts until they got to the right team. Jim Plunkett for example.

I mean what makes a player elite- is it production over time. Look at Eli. He might have been considered elite at one time. Most were saying he was better than his brother. Is he elite now and do they still think he is better than his brother. The difference is that his team changed around him. That can happen to anyone at any time. Troy Aikman was good until his line got old and he lost his do everything RB. His stats went into the toilet and he was beaten into early retirement. Same player different team. Aikman was considered elite also. Till he started to suck. Elite isn't only about ability but depends a lot on timing. Watch enough football over a greater period of time and you might recognize that.

You type a lot of words, but say virtually nothing.

And how are you a fan of both the 9ers AND Raiders?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many Qb in the league I would take over Kaep for the future. Maybe a few but that is it

With our defense, I'd take a handful, at least, over Kaep. Granted, a quick strike offense isn't ideal as ball control is part of why we're so dominant on that side of the ball. However, I would like to see an offense that doesn't go 3-and-out so often.

I'm curious as to why Manning chose Denver over us. He CLEARLY struggles in the cold (it wasn't cold in Denver this past weekend) and that defense is a fucking joke. If he plays in SF, he has maybe two cold weather games a season.