• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my review of the game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
**note: these observations were taken from the game, with beer in me, being harrassed by many packer fans around**

-1st off, fuck packer fans! the officating was bad but appeared like we were getting the short end of the stick. they were making it seem like the only reason they lost was because of the refs.

-alex smith. i was a little surprised just how good his numbers were. i felt like he played ok but missed a lot of opportunites. missed atleast a few big plays where he just never saw the receiver. also, his pocket presence didnt seem all that good. didnt seem to help out the oline all that much. his passes seemed off but his receivers seemed to be bailing him out which bring me to my next guy. i guess this is me just being too hard on him because the results speak for themselves.

-crabtree seemed to play great! was getting open a lot(a few times smith just never threw it to him), made some tough catches, and had some good show of agility. really encouraging what i saw. was a little disappointing that we went away from him a little bit in the 2nd half. it appeared to be working so well but we had the lead so i can understand being conservative.

-aldon smith is unbelievable. it seemed like all day he was chasing rodgers. he saved us from giving up a lot more yards to him. also when the packers protection was good, and its like "what the fuck, someone get him!" aldon smith always appeared to be the guy to answer and get through.

-kendall hunter is the future. his quickness is terrific. he really adds an element to our offense. he hits the hole hard, has good vision, and is quick. a 50-50 split between him and gore is a perfect situation for us this season. our oline seemed to be blocking pretty good too.

-packers seemed to be pretty scared of veron davis,seemed to be a lot guys swarming him all day. this seemed to be opening things up for the receivers

-where was willis? i dont remember seeing him all that much and could have sworn i saw him on the sidelines a lot, more so then i ever remember.

-all and all, great win. i really wanted this one. all those years of losing at lambeau and losing to the packers was nice to get a little redemption.

-

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**note: these observations were taken from the game, with beer in me, being harrassed by many packer fans around**

-1st off, fuck packer fans! the officating was bad but appeared like we were getting the short end of the stick. they were making it seem like the only reason they lost was because of the refs.

-alex smith. i was a little surprised just how good his numbers were. i felt like he played ok but missed a lot of opportunites. missed atleast a few big plays where he just never saw the receiver. also, his pocket presence didnt seem all that good. didnt seem to help out the oline all that much. his passes seemed off but his receivers seemed to be bailing him out which bring me to my next guy. i guess this is me just being too hard on him because the results speak for themselves.

-crabtree seemed to play great! was getting open a lot(a few times smith just never threw it to him), made some tough catches, and had some good show of agility. really encouraging what i saw. was a little disappointing that we went away from him a little bit in the 2nd half. it appeared to be working so well but we had the lead so i can understand being conservative.

-aldon smith is unbelievable. it seemed like all day he was chasing rodgers. he saved us from giving up a lot more yards to him. also when the packers protection was good, and its like "what the fuck, someone get him!" aldon smith always appeared to be the guy to answer and get through.

-kendall hunter is the future. his quickness is terrific. he really adds an element to our offense. he hits the hole hard, has good vision, and is quick. a 50-50 split between him and gore is a perfect situation for us this season. our oline seemed to be blocking pretty good too.

-packers seemed to be pretty scared of veron davis,seemed to be a lot guys swarming him all day. this seemed to be opening things up for the receivers

-where was willis? i dont remember seeing him all that much and could have sworn i saw him on the sidelines a lot, more so then i ever remember.

-all and all, great win. i really wanted this one. all those years of losing at lambeau and losing to the packers was nice to get a little redemption.

-

willis was taken out to match packers play calling, it's been discussed in a few articles. he left so we could bring in an extra db

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

We were in the dime alot and when Cox came in Willis and Bowman alternated who was taken out. When Willis was in the drives didn't last long so he didn't play much.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like hunter as an everydown back because of his size. although if dunn could be an everydown back hunter seems to have enough toughness for the role. i think we're gonna have to be on the lookout for gore's replacement.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
major props to the wr's. first time in a long time we have a solid group. crabtree didn't even drop a ball if i'm not mistaken. also it didn't look like he was running in 5 inches of mud.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like hunter as an everydown back because of his size. although if dunn could be an everydown back hunter seems to have enough toughness for the role. i think we're gonna have to be on the lookout for gore's replacement.

I think Hunter will be our 1st 2nd down back James 3rd down and we either get a goal line back or Dixon finally develops into that role.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hunter will be our 1st 2nd down back James 3rd down and we either get a goal line back or Dixon finally develops into that role.

That's a nice plan. It would be similar to KC with Jamaal Charles, McCluster and Hillis.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aldon Smith did what? I thought he was mostly lost and invisible. No sacks I believe.

Unsung hero: Frank Gore. He had a tremendous game and has hardly been mentioned. What a difference from past years where he was expected to carry the team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith did what? I thought he was mostly lost and invisible. No sacks I believe.

Unsung hero: Frank Gore. He had a tremendous game and has hardly been mentioned. What a difference from past years where he was expected to carry the team.

Aldon had our first sack, but was called for a 'personal foul' - "removing his helmet" after the play. The penalty may have distracted you from the sack

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember when Bowman was a liability in coverage? now he's left in there over Willis in Dime packages -- Talk about improvement!

cwrector77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Aldon Smith was all over the place, he harassed Rodgers all day long.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Were you at the game BV? I am a season ticket holder and have upperdeck end zone tickets, aka "classic madden view." One of the things I have always noticed is that Crabtree gets open more often thn people believe and that Smith misses wide open receivers down the field. Now I'm not going to complain because they're winning games, but Smith definitely passes up or doesn't see some opportunities down the field almost every game.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Were you at the game BV? I am a season ticket holder and have upperdeck end zone tickets, aka "classic madden view." One of the things I have always noticed is that Crabtree gets open more often thn people believe and that Smith misses wide open receivers down the field. Now I'm not going to complain because they're winning games, but Smith definitely passes up or doesn't see some opportunities down the field almost every game.

yup, i was at the game.

pretty emotional game so my observations aren't the best, but what i noticed is it seemed like many players were getting open, and specifically crabtree a lot. He isnt fast like many say but he's quick and has a wiggle to him where he can juke guys pretty easy.

I definitely agree with you about smith. , I guess thats why I was a little surprised when i got home with just how well Alex Smiths numbers were. It just seemed like a lot of opportunities were missed out there. Its crazy to think the kind of game we couldve had if smith couldve hit/seen some of those passes.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The whole D line made life miserable for Aaron Rodgers. That's why you saw Rodgers throw so many quick contested passes because he had to get rid of the ball. If Rodgers wasn't so excellent at getting rid of the ball and moving around to escape pressure we would've had far more sacks.

If it was Brady or Manning instead of Rodgers they probably would've needed a stretcher by the 4th quarter

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole D line made life miserable for Aaron Rodgers. That's why you saw Rodgers throw so many quick contested passes because he had to get rid of the ball. If Rodgers wasn't so excellent at getting rid of the ball and moving around to escape pressure we would've had far more sacks.
If it was Brady or Manning instead of Rodgers they probably would've needed a stretcher by the 4th quarter

That so reminds me of his little duck and turn shenanigans he pulled off to avoid like 3 sacks...