• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My predictions for this weekend

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL confirmed the following referee assignments for its divisional playoff weekend:
Seahawks-Falcons: Gene Steratore.
Texans-Patriots: Pete Morelli.
Steelers-Chiefs: Carl Cheffers.
Packers-Cowboys: Tony Corrente.

Based on how the NFL chooses its postseason officials, one of these four referees will be expected to work Super Bowl LI.

Thank fuck Steratore is doing the Seattle game.....

Maybe Dez will get credit for some catches....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both NFC favorites lose at home according to the OP? So both teams are better all year, yet now that the playoffs are here and both are rested and healthy they will play worse?

Stranger things have happened, but I doubt that happens. I'm thinking all of the home teams win excpet KC, and I reserve the right to change the KC pick if Landry starts.

Well, considering all the home teams won by massive, record-setting margins last weekend , usually something gives the following weekend. No team is immune.

The Pats had two weeks and played like garbage against Seattle at home, coming off the bye earlier this year. If a team is playing well, sometimes a break isn't a good thing.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both NFC favorites lose at home according to the OP? So both teams are better all year, yet now that the playoffs are here and both are rested and healthy they will play worse?

Stranger things have happened, but I doubt that happens. I'm thinking all of the home teams win excpet KC, and I reserve the right to change the KC pick if Landry starts.

I have seen that happen not many years ago it is a possibbility.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see...Sea and Atl played earlier but both were healthier (D Trufant, E Thomas) and it was at Sea. Atl's offense is better than Seattle's defense. ATL's run D might actually be worse than Detroits run D. This looks like a coinflip game and a shootout so I'm taking the home team.

31-27 Atlanta

Patriots beat the Texans 27-0 earlier in the season. I'm not going to analyze this too much so...

24-6 New England

Cowboys and Packers should be a fun game. Packers are hot and matchup up somewhat well with some of what Dallas does but Dallas has been the better team all year and should be able to take advantage of a mediocre Packers D that the Giants just couldn't. (edit to add some points)

38-27 Dallas

Not even going to try and guess the KC-Pit game so I'm leaving that blank

Last edited:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see...Sea and Atl played earlier but both were healthier (D Trufant, E Thomas) and it was at Sea. Atl's offense is better than Seattle's defense. ATL's run D might actually be worse than Detroits run D. This looks like a coinflip game and a shootout so I'm taking the home team.

31-27 Atlanta

Patriots beat the Texans 27-0 earlier in the season. I'm not going to analyze this too much so...

24-6 New England

Cowboys and Packers should be a fun game. Packers are hot and matchup up somewhat well with some of what Dallas does but Dallas has been the better team all year and should be able to take advantage of a mediocre Packers D that the Giants just couldn't. (edit to add some points)

38-27 Dallas

Not even going to try and guess the KC-Pit game so I'm leaving that blank

Pack scored 38 points on the best defense in the NFL in 3 Q's which Dal couldn't even score 27 points on in 8 Q's of football. Packers "mediocre defense has relinquished 12.5 ppg over the last 7 games (-1.5 Q's of garbage time points). Packers matchup well vs Dal as GB has the 8th ranked rush defense and that's Dal's bread and butter. Packers are great on third and long and have forced more int's than any other team over the last 7 game. Dal is great at stopping the run but poor against the pass. Packers are the best passing team in the NFL right now and only run when they have to. Ty montgomery is averaging 6 YPC and their FB is a beast on short down yardage.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta 30
Seattle 24 (hope I'm wrong obviously)

New England 27
Houston 13

Kansas City 22
Pittsburgh 20

Green Bay 31
Dallas 30

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack scored 38 points on the best defense in the NFL in 3 Q's which Dal couldn't even score 27 points on in 8 Q's of football. Packers "mediocre defense has relinquished 12.5 ppg over the last 7 games (-1.5 Q's of garbage time points). Packers matchup well vs Dal as GB has the 8th ranked rush defense and that's Dal's bread and butter. Packers are great on third and long and have forced more int's than any other team over the last 7 game. Dal is great at stopping the run but poor against the pass. Packers are the best passing team in the NFL right now and only run when they have to. Ty montgomery is averaging 6 YPC and their FB is a beast on short down yardage.
Giants have one of the worst offenses in the league. Packers D...

Gave up 24 points to the Lions. Lions scored how many against the Seahawks?
Gave up 25 to the Vikings and they dont even have an offensive line or a running back. Also Sam Bradford.
Gave up 27 to the Bears.

Cowboys should get over 30. The real question comes down to how much the Packers get on offense. I think thats where GB's better argument is.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
they hung 38 on the Giants without Nelson being a factor
I Truly hope they do cuz Dallas fans are..well.. Dallas fans. But I worry about Dallas controlling the time of possession. Yous guys are gonna have to get some turnovers.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Truly hope they do cuz Dallas fans are..well.. Dallas fans. But I worry about Dallas controlling the time of possession. Yous guys are gonna have to get some turnovers.

roger that

somewhat of a tall order against the Boyz that is for sure

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering all the home teams won by massive, record-setting margins last weekend , usually something gives the following weekend. No team is immune.

The Pats had two weeks and played like garbage against Seattle at home, coming off the bye earlier this year. If a team is playing well, sometimes a break isn't a good thing.
None of the teams that played at home last week will be playing at home this week, so not sure what last weekend has to do with this coming one other than the home team is either A) rested or B) rusty.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time we played you had the #1 rush defense, now you have the 8th and think that is an advantage over the last meeting?

I'll be glad when we win and you have the STFU with your extreme homerism. Probably won't though, probably will blame the refs or something.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we played you had the #1 rush defense, now you have the 8th and think that is an advantage over the last meeting?

I'll be glad when we win and you have the STFU with your extreme homerism. Probably won't though, probably will blame the refs or something.

Zeke only had one run over 10 yards in the first half and just over 50 yards rushing. However, GB uncharacteristically had 4 TO's and two of them cost them TD's. After that the game got out of hand then allowed Zeke to get big runs in the second half. In the first half in a tight game he was neutralized.

I will bookmark your comment for future reference. You will blame the refs as cowgirl fans did with the Dez drop. LMAO

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have one of the worst offenses in the league. Packers D...

Gave up 24 points to the Lions. Lions scored how many against the Seahawks?
Gave up 25 to the Vikings and they dont even have an offensive line or a running back. Also Sam Bradford.
Gave up 27 to the Bears.

Cowboys should get over 30. The real question comes down to how much the Packers get on offense. I think thats where GB's better argument is.

They gave up 17 points to the lions before the last second garbage time hail mary when GB was up by 2 TD's with just 13 seconds on the clock.

Gave up 13 points to the Vikes and were up 38 to 13 and in garbage time they gave up 14 points in the last 4 minutes.

Pack gave up 13 to the Bears and were up 27 to 10 and went into zone/soft coverage defense and gave up 17 points in the last 13 minutes of the 4th Q.

Packers only allowed 12.5 ppg over the last 7 games (-garbage time points in 1.5 Q's they allowed when they were up by 3+ scores in the 4th to three teams). That's including the TD the Pack gave to the G-men after they got the ball on the Packers 38 yard line since they went for it on 4th and inches.

So, the Packers defense has been an all time great defense minus garbage time. Some morons like to count garbage time points but when Pack don't play soft zone defense over the last 7 weeks teams have found it very difficult to drive from their side of the field and score TD's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if I was trying to handicap Steelers v Chiefs, the Steelers look like massive favorites at first glance but might be overvalued in the passing game a bit relative to how banged up Miami's secondary was last week and how messed up the Chiefs secondary was earlier in the season. KC will likely have freezing rain so it'll be another sloppy game for the playoffs. Homefield swing might matter a little but not a ton. Chiefs will have a number of new players in this game that didn't play the first game. Still, the Steelers have Bell and the Chiefs run D hasn't gotten any better. Chiefs might be able to matchup Kelce, Hill, Maclin or Conley in ways that give the Steelers lots of issues but the Steelers can just line up and pound the rock. Usually my instinct is to go with the team that can get points easier so I could see something like 31-26 Steelers though I do think turnovers could swing this either way.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL confirmed the following referee assignments for its divisional playoff weekend:
Seahawks-Falcons: Gene Steratore.
Texans-Patriots: Pete Morelli.
Steelers-Chiefs: Carl Cheffers.
Packers-Cowboys: Tony Corrente.

Based on how the NFL chooses its postseason officials, one of these four referees will be expected to work Super Bowl LI.

No Ed "Gun Show" Hochuli :mad2::mad2::mad2:

or

Even Mike "Gun Show Jr." Defee :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Last edited: