• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my offseason

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think VD was just hurt and thats why he had a down year.

Cut VD or trade him and save more money.
\
For a couple of years now Vernon Davis has not reached over his head to catch a pass.....I think he has a permanent injury and will never be the same again as a football player.....he can still block well though. I would be OK with letting him go if they realize it and the medical staff determines that my SPECULATION is correct.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would like to think VD was just hurt and thats why he had a down year.

We'd all like to think it, but it may not be true. And extending him now is pretty risky IMO. That said, failing to do so could cost us even more money next year. It's all a question of what he's willing to do, and what the FO thinks of his skills.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD might play out of his mind this year coming year because isn't it a contract year? I would not resign him even if he has a good year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD might play out of his mind this year coming year because isn't it a contract year? I would not resign him even if he has a good year.

You would think so. But then again it was a contract year for Crabtree and look how he played.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think so. But then again it was a contract year for Crabtree and look how he played.

Crabtree definitely struggled, but Kap's down year played a part. I wonder how much money other teams will offer him knowing that he is really a #2 receiver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree definitely struggled, but Kap's down year played a part. I wonder how much money other teams will offer him knowing that he is really a #2 receiver.

I think Kaepernick's struggles hurt his numbers but watching clips of him on film running routes, he couldn't get separation even against one on one coverage going against average cornerbacks. I would expect a number one receiver to look better than that.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick's struggles hurt his numbers but watching clips of him on film running routes, he couldn't get separation even against one on one coverage going against average cornerbacks. I would expect a number one receiver to look better than that.

Crabtree has difficulty creating separation unless the CB slips and falls down. I don't think he's a #1 receiver. The Niners have been searching for that missing piece since TO left. To this day, if Crabtree has trouble creating separation against average CB's, why did Kap throw to him on the play in the NFC championship game against Sherman? :L

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree has difficulty creating separation unless the CB slips and falls down. I don't think he's a #1 receiver. The Niners have been searching for that missing piece since TO left. To this day, if Crabtree has trouble creating separation against average CB's, why did Kap throw to him on the play in the NFC championship game against Sherman? :L

I know. I agree. That was a mistake. If that was the last play of the game and had to go to end zone I would not have had a problem with it. But he should have made a safer throw on that down. Patton was open on that play on the other side of the field. It might have been a short gain but he also might have been able to make a defender miss which could have resulted in a TD.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know. I agree. That was a mistake. If that was the last play of the game and had to go to end zone I would not have had a problem with it. But he should have made a safer throw on that down. Patton was open on that play on the other side of the field. It might have been a short gain but he also might have been able to make a defender miss which could have resulted in a TD.

Crabtree was by far the worst read on that play. He was absolutely blanketed by a big CB. And for that to have come on first down is like a kick in the crotch. Just throw it away if it's not there! Don't force it into tight coverage against a CB with among the best ball skills on an NFL back-end.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree was by far the worst read on that play. He was absolutely blanketed by a big CB. And for that to have come on first down is like a kick in the crotch. Just throw it away if it's not there! Don't force it into tight coverage against a CB with among the best ball skills on an NFL back-end.

:agree:s

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree sucks. I cant wait to see him gone.