• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my offseason

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We potentially can turn 2015 into a Super Bowl, hide the distinction of ownership, and restore the Faithful. If I was GM I'd look to the following moves:

1. Offensive coach: I'm supportive of most options. Mike Shanahan has tremendous value. The man churns out top five running games with zero talent. Consider Frank Gore running through those cut back lanes. Do I want Shanahan? Dunno, but we need to place a priority on offense. Unless Fangio won't stay. Fangio may have to be hired for the head job. In that case we get the best oc available- Dirk Koetter - and prepare to do the oc carousel.

2. Trade for Justin Blackmon: The suspensions are serious, but the risk reward is worth it. He could be had for a 6th round pick. And you pick up a potential franchise WR. Or he craps out and you lose a 6.

3. Trade for Josh Gordon: Gordon is a bit tougher because he's going to require a 2nd rounder or higher. But again he's worth it. I kind of don't care about the possible melt down. I'm that tired of the shit offense. This item won't happen though.

4. Draft Devin Funchess- matchup nightmare at tight end. The dude is the Jimmy Graham of this draft.

5. Resign Mike Iupati and Frank Gore - Iupati might not be as popular, by he's as good as you'll find. How can we get him? Cut Jonathan Martin and Stevie Johnson.

6. Resign Chris Culliver - dude was balling by year end. You don't sign him and he's the next member of the legion of boom.

7. Retain the defensive staff.

These moves turn us into the on-paper champion. Real life? I'm not a professional so I assume my way is a recipe for deconstruction.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We potentially can turn 2015 into a Super Bowl, hide the distinction of ownership, and restore the Faithful. If I was GM I'd look to the following moves:

1. Offensive coach: I'm supportive of most options. Mike Shanahan has tremendous value. The man churns out top five running games with zero talent. Consider Frank Gore running through those cut back lanes. Do I want Shanahan? Dunno, but we need to place a priority on offense. Unless Fangio won't stay. Fangio may have to be hired for the head job. In that case we get the best oc available- Dirk Koetter - and prepare to do the oc carousel.

2. Trade for Justin Blackmon: The suspensions are serious, but the risk reward is worth it. He could be had for a 6th round pick. And you pick up a potential franchise WR. Or he craps out and you lose a 6.

3. Trade for Josh Gordon: Gordon is a bit tougher because he's going to require a 2nd rounder or higher. But again he's worth it. I kind of don't care about the possible melt down. I'm that tired of the shit offense. This item won't happen though.

4. Draft Devin Funchess- matchup nightmare at tight end. The dude is the Jimmy Graham of this draft.

5. Resign Mike Iupati and Frank Gore - Iupati might not be as popular, by he's as good as you'll find. How can we get him? Cut Jonathan Martin and Stevie Johnson.

6. Resign Chris Culliver - dude was balling by year end. You don't sign him and he's the next member of the legion of boom.

7. Retain the defensive staff.

These moves turn us into the on-paper champion. Real life? I'm not a professional so I assume my way is a recipe for deconstruction.

1) hate that idea. He is done as a coach.
2)I like this idea. We should of did this with Gordon.
3)Its either Blackmon or Gordon. Cant have 3 players away from year suspension or Kicked out of the league.
4)No way waste a 1st rd pick on a TE. Not worth it.
5)I agree except for cutting Johnson. We need him to replace Crabtree.
6)Let him go. Sign Cox. Better CB
7)Yes try very hard because we get a lot of players back and we added a lot from last years draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to draft either a CB or a DE/DT in this draft. Someone to replace J. Smith. Tank will replace Ray but now we need someone to replace Smith.

Other needs: We can also draft a WR. I want Parker Bad. Last year I wanted Evans or Beckham because I thought they were the 2 best. I liked Watkins but knew he wasn't the best one.

We can draft a TE in rd 3 or 4 and I would also draft another OLmen.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Justin Blackmon at all. Yeah he could be had cheap but I would rather take someone who is already good. That's why I want Maclin or Cobb with letting Crabtree go and cutting Stevie. That would give us Maclin/Cobb, Boldin, Ellington and Patton then maybe we can resign Lloyd cheap if he wants to come back and then draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to either Blackmon and Gordon. Would rather have Maclin or Cobb. Definitely need to resgin Cox. Need to draft DL and TE. Don't know what to get from VD or McDonald.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to either Blackmon and Gordon. Would rather have Maclin or Cobb. Definitely need to resgin Cox. Need to draft DL and TE. Don't know what to get from VD or McDonald.

This team had enough offseason issues this year. Need to avoid that this year.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorial Green-Beckham is coming out of college. Even though he sat out a full year when he transferred from Missouri to Oklahoma. He was caught with weed twice while at Missouri and pushed a women down a couple stairs and that was when they finally cut him. But he is a freakishly good athlete. He is 6'6 225 pounds and they say he runs a 4.37 40 yard dash. They have compared him to Megatron and its hard to pass up that kind of talent. Right now he is projected as a 2nd round pick cuz of his troubles but I could see him jumping into the 1st round cuz of a good combine.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Justin Blackmon at all. Yeah he could be had cheap but I would rather take someone who is already good. That's why I want Maclin or Cobb with letting Crabtree go and cutting Stevie. That would give us Maclin/Cobb, Boldin, Ellington and Patton then maybe we can resign Lloyd cheap if he wants to come back and then draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

100% want Maclin or Cobb unless if we get Parker, Cooper or Beckham in the draft. If we sign one of those guys then we dont have to draft a WR.

Question: Why cut Johnson? I like what I saw from him. Is it a money thing. We have to remember Boldin is done after this year. So we need to think about future.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorial Green-Beckham is coming out of college. Even though he sat out a full year when he transferred from Missouri to Oklahoma. He was caught with weed twice while at Missouri and pushed a women down a couple stairs and that was when they finally cut him. But he is a freakishly good athlete. He is 6'6 225 pounds and they say he runs a 4.37 40 yard dash. They have compared him to Megatron and its hard to pass up that kind of talent. Right now he is projected as a 2nd round pick cuz of his troubles but I could see him jumping into the 1st round cuz of a good combine.

I been saying Beckham for like a Month now. This kid is better then Cooper. (In my opinion). Last year my WR crush was Evans and Beckham. Most like Watkins(still think he is good just like the other 2.) THis year its DGB. The good thing about this, we should be able to land him at our spot unless he blows up at the combine.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also agree about the next Big WR. Not saying he will become that but has great upside.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% want Maclin or Cobb unless if we get Parker, Cooper or Beckham in the draft. If we sign one of those guys then we dont have to draft a WR.

Question: Why cut Johnson? I like what I saw from him. Is it a money thing. We have to remember Boldin is done after this year. So we need to think about future.

Yeah cutting Stevie was a money thing. That's why I want Cobb more than Maclin to be the slot WR then we can have Boldin and our drafted WR I hope DGB on the outside.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that DGB's talent is off the charts. He's got a troubling history, but with his talent, the Niners have to take a look at him. The Niners just better do a great job assessing whether he will be a troublemaker as an NFL player.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying Beckham for like a Month now. This kid is better then Cooper. (In my opinion). Last year my WR crush was Evans and Beckham. Most like Watkins(still think he is good just like the other 2.) THis year its DGB. The good thing about this, we should be able to land him at our spot unless he blows up at the combine.

I was big on Evans and Beckham last year too. Also I really liked Cooks, Matthews and Moncrief. Kinda makes me mad seeing Moncrief having big games for the Colts knowing we could of had him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was big on Evans and Beckham last year too. Also I really liked Cooks, Matthews and Moncrief. Kinda makes me mad seeing Moncrief having big games for the Colts knowing we could of had him.

That dude's got the speed that we need. Oh well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know that the 49ers can afford any Free Agent WRs. Would like to keep Stevie Johnson and let Crabtree walk. Stevie Johnson looked pretty good until he injured his knee.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get a defensive minded coach. Former players and first timers are iffy. Old timers, too. MHSL82 is of no help.

I guess my first sentence and the last above is all I really believe in.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's due $250 K in roster bonus in 2015 plus $5.5 mil in salary. He did look good when given the opportunity, but I would rather spend the money on Cobb or Maclin. Then haven Patton or Ellington take his spot. Let Crabtree walk and draft a WR. Last year would have been the year to get one. Niners could have drafted Moncrief or Martavis Bryant. Without giving up a lot, Niners could have drafted Kelvin Benjamin.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's due $250 K in roster bonus in 2015 plus $5.5 mil in salary. He did look good when given the opportunity, but I would rather spend the money on Cobb or Maclin. Then haven Patton or Ellington take his spot. Let Crabtree walk and draft a WR. Last year would have been the year to get one. Niners could have drafted Moncrief or Martavis Bryant. Without giving up a lot, Niners could have drafted Kelvin Benjamin.

just curious...instead of whom....Hyde? Borland? Martin? Other?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious...instead of whom....Hyde? Borland? Martin? Other?

Instead of Ward. Panthers selected Benjamin with the 28th pick, Niners selected Ward with the 30th pick. WR was a need and I feel Niners should have traded up. Maybe they tried, but their offer was not accepted. Ward was a big disappointment this year. Or trade down from their first pick of the 3rd round and select Moncrief. Niners are left with Boldin, Patton, Ellington and Johnson for 2015. Not exactly a group that a defense would lose sleep.