• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Observations Game 2 vs Indy

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda liked how Maclin's been playing. Foles was pretty bad most of the game. I think if we can hit Maclin early this will open up Ertz and the RB's later on. Foles wasn't hitting anyone early so luckily Sproles and the refs took over. Putting this one on Maclin is odd.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Foles has looked shaky overall, he has done very well in the 4th Qtr. Reminds me of Eli. Can look really really bad but with the game on the line, is pretty cool under pressure. Good thing is we have some dynamic playmakers and Chip Kelly.

If Foles stays away from turnovers, we can win a lot with him...even if he stays like this.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need a true number one. The have more weapons then most team and probably the best backfield in the game. How about we play too our strengths and not worry about what we don't have. How about we fix one of our biggest weakness threw two weeks and that's penalties. This team has been undisaplined so far. It's killing drives and keeping the defense on the field more then they need be. How about we stop being cute in the red zone and play smashmouth football and put the ball in the end zone. There's a lot of easily correctable mistakes. I love how many of you harp on the past and what ifs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need a true number one. The have more weapons then most team and probably the best backfield in the game. How about we play too our strengths and not worry about what we don't have. How about we fix one of our biggest weakness threw two weeks and that's penalties. This team has been undisaplined so far. It's killing drives and keeping the defense on the field more then they need be. How about we stop being cute in the red zone and play smashmouth football and put the ball in the end zone. There's a lot of easily correctable mistakes. I love how many of you harp on the past and what ifs.

Yep penalties are a problem - they need to clean that up - control the things you can control and you'll have a better chance of winning every week

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the redzone, Foles, WR & OL issues...after two weeks we are...

2-0
#1 Offense Yrds & Pts

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, remember the preseason when people thought Sproles was cooked? Oops.

Foles needs to be more decisive.
Matthews needs to be less timid, wheres the kid who bossed Sec DBs?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was playing possum on Sproles. Then unleashed the little guy on the NFL. To bad we missed out on Cooks or DC's would never sleep trying to stop the Eagles.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we steal Tavon Austin from STL?

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a wide open Ertz, 2 swing passes to RB's that made nabbys ankle balls look pretty, Looks scared in the pocket and took forever to release the ball. Lot's of missed pretty easy throws.

Now you did say we couldn't see if WR's were open which we couldn't but on a couple of the replays Gruden did point out how so/so was open.

I don't even think the pick was a bad throw...Hell it was just a good pick really. He could of put it to the inside and a little farther but that's not a terrible play.

There is a flip side to this though and this is the problem I have is and I am guilty of this, we tend to look at the negative and exaggerate it. So the flip side is he threw a money pass to Maclin for the TD, he through another money pass to Ertz to get them down to the 35 on the last drive. He also had a really nice throw to Ertz on the first drive. He also had perfect passes to Cooper and Celek that should have been touchdowns but were dropped by the receivers. Things are going to happen.

He certainly wasn't the same QB as the beginning of last week, he was much more poised, he didn't take sacks or hold the ball. Sure he missed some passes but so did Saint Luck. QB's are not going to complete every pass they throw.

Like I said while I don't think the guy was great by any means last night, he also didn't suck as some of you are making it out to be.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was playing possum on Sproles. Then unleashed the little guy on the NFL. To bad we missed out on Cooks or DC's would never sleep trying to stop the Eagles.

Yup, and a lot of players said as much at the time to reporters. They basically hinted that we hadn't seen how they planned to use Sproles during preseason. They must have seen it in practice.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a flip side to this though and this is the problem I have is and I am guilty of this, we tend to look at the negative and exaggerate it. So the flip side is he threw a money pass to Maclin for the TD, he through another money pass to Ertz to get them down to the 35 on the last drive. He also had a really nice throw to Ertz on the first drive. He also had perfect passes to Cooper and Celek that should have been touchdowns but were dropped by the receivers. Things are going to happen.

He certainly wasn't the same QB as the beginning of last week, he was much more poised, he didn't take sacks or hold the ball. Sure he missed some passes but so did Saint Luck. QB's are not going to complete every pass they throw.

Like I said while I don't think the guy was great by any means last night, he also didn't suck as some of you are making it out to be.

All true. He made some good throws in the end. But man he left a lot of plays on the field early, and we can't keep coming back from double digit deficits forever.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing many of us didnt think about when it came to Sproles was that in NEw Orleans, teams were afraid of Brees so they would play more zone. THat equals less room for Sproles in the pass game. Against us, teams will play more man because they are afraid of Shady. Which equals a ton of room for Sproles out of the backfield.

Chip knew what he was doing when he went and got him. Plus he'll use him more in the run game than the Saints did.

Foles needs to get his chemistry with Maclin (didnt play last year), Cooper (out most of preseason) & Matthews (rookie). Once that happens watch out because Ertz is already beasting out there. Plus I still think Huff can contribute on run & catch plays + KRs once he gets healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams really have no way of defending us & thats why I think we can go really far as long as we stay relatively healthy, Foles stays away from turnovers & the D improves some over last years bunch. Anything can happen but Im still hopeful. Had us going 12-4. Still think we can do that.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no receivers.....throwing to backs and TEs will only get you so far. The receivers have to do a better job in getting open and then catching it.. other teams will adjust and stop those screens. It just reminds me of the 03 eagles....

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Maclin was just bad last night. Just as you said Taz if it is not perfect ball he won't get it. The interception Foles threw I put on him. He made absolutely no attempt to fight for the ball. I do think it was slightly underthrown but it was where he could have made a play.
I dont think it was possible for Maclin to go back and get it. He'd have to go through the DB.

Foles deep ball (at least this season) is "limited". Hopefully next week he shows me i'm wrong 3-4 times.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you sell Chip short Four4Four. If they bring people up Maclin, Ertz, Matthews and Cooper are certainly enough to back them up. Plus they still have to stop it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews is gonna be good, he will break out very soon. Perhaps against Washington.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews is gonna be good, he will break out very soon. Perhaps against Washington.

Hey WingNut - you nailed it. See first page of thread , ref: 2012.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its early still, maclin isnt our number one, ertz and sproles are our "ones". Maclin is trying to fill jacksons role as a stretch guy, but he isnt fast enough. Its not that he cant get open because he actually does get a step or two on his guy, foles is pulling a McNabb and he only throws his way unless he is wide open. The more foles trusts him, the better they will play.

My notes
1. Ertz and sproles weren't put in the position to dominate in the first half. Why would you run sideline or corner patterns vs linebackers who cant cover? I would have run them across the middle all game long.

2. Malcolm jenkins is the man. Its hard to see, but he took away the deep third single handedly. He is by far the best cover safety in football so far this year.

3. Carey williams is god awful. Please, look at his footwork and technique. If I was a qb id throw at him on every play. He stinks. .. bradley roby would have been money over marcus smith.

Lastly. Chip had a brain fart. 9 plays in the redzone in the first half, and ZERO THROWS INTO THE ENDZONE? With a patchwork oline we run the SAME running play 5 times and 2 of the 5 inside the 10 got ran back to back. Chip was andy reid bad last night.