• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Observations Game 2 vs Indy

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time doing this on this board. Here is what I saw last night

1. Jeremy Maclin is an average receiver at best. Seems to be the ball has to be perfect for him to catch it anymore. I know Foles was throwing the ball hot last night but too many went right through his hands. Have to help the QB out more than that.

2. Foles had a decent game. Missed some throws but also had some drops and his receivers really didn't help him as much as they could have. He is missing DeSean Jackson

3. I didn't see a single sack given up the o line

4. Jon Gruden is annoying, I got so tired of his sucking of Andrew Lucks dick. The guy is a very good QB no doubt but it wasn't like he was amazing last night, Indy was in that game because the Eagles couldn't stop the run. And in my opinion Lucks interception cost his team the game.

5. Darrin Sproles what a game. That TD he scored was something else what moves

6. Shady was much better this week, he didn't dance at the line as much as last week.

7. Chip should burn the game plan from this one. Too conservative at times, really didn't take many shots at all down the field and did not go the tight ends nearly enough. Brent Celek has been non existent in this offense this year.

8. Billy Davis had an ok game as D coordinator but he didn't have answers for the unbalanced cut back run, he failed to have somebody cover the running back on two of the TDs that Luck throw, I mean those were so Open I could have thrown TDs there.

9. This team is in trouble at middle linebacker, need to add somebody who can play better than Casey Mathews immediately

10. Way too many penalties in this game, now of course I think some of it was home cooking and in the end the refs did miss one or two during out come back that helped us but there were too many that helped the Colts.

11. Cody Parkey looks like he is a keeper. Was disappointed with the miss but that happens. He was money twice when it counts and was right down the middle with those kicks

12. I thought Fletcher Cox had a really good game he was pretty disruptive, on the other hand Thorton got thrown around like a rag doll.

13. Trent Cole did not have a good game at all, he missed a lot of tackles and failed to set the edge on at least 6 of those cut back runs on the unbalanced line.

14. Glad Riley Cooper got paid now its time for him to makes some plays he has been way too quiet the first two weeks of the season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think Foles had a really good game...not great but I think he was really good. At times he held onto tbe ball too long but replays never gave us any looks at receivers so I have no idea if they were not getting open or not.

2. Maclin was just bad last night. Just as you said Taz if it is not perfect ball he won't get it. The interception Foles threw I put on him. He made absolutely no attempt to fight for the ball. I do think it was slightly underthrown but it was where he could have made a play.

3. Chip's play calling in the red zone was really suspect IMO.

4. Jon Gruden is becoming a buffoon. "The Eagles like to run and when they do they want to hand it off to a running back". No fuqqin sh!t sherlock.

5. Sproles was a beast.

6. Casey Mathews sucks

7. As a whole I think the defense did a good job.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed entirely to many tackles yesterday in the backfield.

Cooper is brutal, same with Maclin. Matthews looks scared or nervous drops a bunch of balls.

Foles, fits the system, makes smart decision, but there is a reason he is a 3rd round pick. Misses a lot of open guys, just hope he can keep improving. But he missed Ertz WIDE open, and Maclin open as well

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles, but through 3 quarters I thought he absolutely sucked yesterday,

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles, but through 3 quarters I thought he absolutely sucked yesterday,

I did not see it that way. What was it that you saw that made him seem so bad to you? I think he was good. I know he missed some throws but to say he sucked seems a bit harsh IMO

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles played better this week than last but he still looks pretty rusty. The best thing you can say is that he is slowly rounding back into form and plays well down the stretch when it counts.

Kendricks reportedly just had calf spasms and should return for the Redskins game. That is great because I agree that our depth at ILB is frightening. Fortunately it seems Chip quickly pulled Mathews for Acho.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This WR group is pretty bad and can only mean more single coverage and pressure on Foles. Soooo...needs to pop those TE's and the RB's out of the backfield early, to relieve some of the pressure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed entirely to many tackles yesterday in the backfield.

Cooper is brutal, same with Maclin. Matthews looks scared or nervous drops a bunch of balls.

Foles, fits the system, makes smart decision, but there is a reason he is a 3rd round pick. Misses a lot of open guys, just hope he can keep improving. But he missed Ertz WIDE open, and Maclin open as well

I agree. Cooper missed much of preseason but he needs to really needs to step up soon and make some plays. Maclin is not quite as bad but he is nothing special. Matthews has played like a rookie, with drops and nervousness.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nov, 2012: (KFFL)

Wings
I'd get rid of all our Wr's and start over! I think they all blow!...trade Djax and Maclin for the best draft picks you can get! Keep Riley Cooper as he has nice size and he is young, perhaps you can make him a nice #4 possession type receiver.

WingNut once again spot on. Even if he's a bit goofy. :whistle:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also had people telling me how Maclin was better than Djax, and it wasn't even close.

WR is a HUGE priority...

Yeah I also heard Kendricks was cramping/spasms which is great news.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's hard to go with a bunch of rookies too. Chip kind of took the middle ground: he cut Djack and only signed Maclin to a one-year contract, while drafting Matthews and Huff. My sense is Matthews will become an outside starting WR and Huff will become the slot guy, but they still need to draft a true #1 receiver.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see it that way. What was it that you saw that made him seem so bad to you? I think he was good. I know he missed some throws but to say he sucked seems a bit harsh IMO

Missed a wide open Ertz, 2 swing passes to RB's that made nabbys ankle balls look pretty, Looks scared in the pocket and took forever to release the ball. Lot's of missed pretty easy throws.

Now you did say we couldn't see if WR's were open which we couldn't but on a couple of the replays Gruden did point out how so/so was open.

I don't even think the pick was a bad throw...Hell it was just a good pick really. He could of put it to the inside and a little farther but that's not a terrible play.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a wide open Ertz, 2 swing passes to RB's that made nabbys ankle balls look pretty, Looks scared in the pocket and took forever to release the ball. Lot's of missed pretty easy throws.

Now you did say we couldn't see if WR's were open which we couldn't but on a couple of the replays Gruden did point out how so/so was open.

I don't even think the pick was a bad throw...Hell it was just a good pick really. He could of put it to the inside and a little farther but that's not a terrible play.

Yes, he missed Ertz and actually had a bunch of bad throws in the first half, including a lot of short ones he missed. But it seems he is slowly settling down.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time doing this on this board. Here is what I saw last night

1. Jeremy Maclin is an average receiver at best. Seems to be the ball has to be perfect for him to catch it anymore. I know Foles was throwing the ball hot last night but too many went right through his hands. Have to help the QB out more than that.

Maclin did not look too good last night. I would probably say the INT was 50/50 Foles and Maclin. I think Foles underthrew the ball to the wrong shoulder, but Maclin should have been aware there were issues with the pass/made more of an effort to prevent the INT.

2. Foles had a decent game. Missed some throws but also had some drops and his receivers really didn't help him as much as they could have. He is missing DeSean Jackson.

Pretty much agree here. Not sure whether he is missing DJackson that much (other than on the INT), based on last year.

3. I didn't see a single sack given up the o line

True, but there is much to be improved upon. Did not look too good early on, and their run-blocking was suspect at best. Screen-blocking was good though.

4. Jon Gruden is annoying, I got so tired of his sucking of Andrew Lucks dick. The guy is a very good QB no doubt but it wasn't like he was amazing last night, Indy was in that game because the Eagles couldn't stop the run. And in my opinion Lucks interception cost his team the game.

Fully agree with you here - truly annoying to listen to. Unfortunately there seem to be too many of the new announcers that are adopting his way of speaking/approaching things. Not a good thing. Unfortunately, probably due to living abroad, there is no way I can get Merril and Mike to listen into.

5. Darrin Sproles what a game. That TD he scored was something else what moves

True, but I think his long catch-and-run on the screen pass was even better.

6. Shady was much better this week, he didn't dance at the line as much as last week.

Also true, but still too up and down for my taste (and what he showed last year). Some of it was the O-line though. I see him having a hard time getting the 2000 yards (and more likely to get the 1000/1000).

7. Chip should burn the game plan from this one. Too conservative at times, really didn't take many shots at all down the field and did not go the tight ends nearly enough. Brent Celek has been non existent in this offense this year.

Did not like the game-plan earlier, though might have been because of Gruden/Tirico harping about how bad the Colts were against TE's/covering over the middle. Not sure whether it was game-plan or lack of execution (or good Colts coverage) that prevented the Eagles from exploiting that.

8. Billy Davis had an ok game as D coordinator but he didn't have answers for the unbalanced cut back run, he failed to have somebody cover the running back on two of the TDs that Luck throw, I mean those were so Open I could have thrown TDs there.

Not the best game for the defense, rather up-and-down. One moment complete shut-down, the next a sieve, unable to cover or stop the run.

9. This team is in trouble at middle linebacker, need to add somebody who can play better than Casey Mathews immediately.

Telling was that - apparently Acho was in at MLB, and not Mathews.

10. Way too many penalties in this game, now of course I think some of it was home cooking and in the end the refs did miss one or two during out come back that helped us but there were too many that helped the Colts.

Yup. And some of the penalties were plain bad (the offsides for one)...

11. Cody Parkey looks like he is a keeper. Was disappointed with the miss but that happens. He was money twice when it counts and was right down the middle with those kicks.

Not sure whether he will be the future, but early signs are encouraging, despite the bad miss early in the game.

12. I thought Fletcher Cox had a really good game he was pretty disruptive, on the other hand Thorton got thrown around like a rag doll.

13. Trent Cole did not have a good game at all, he missed a lot of tackles and failed to set the edge on at least 6 of those cut back runs on the unbalanced line.

14. Glad Riley Cooper got paid now its time for him to makes some plays he has been way too quiet the first two weeks of the season.

Agreed on all three, though I think no-one on the defence handled the unbalanced line well. Also the defence seemed to have serious troubles with the pulling O-lineman on those runs. And yes, Cooper did look decidedly average so far.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receiving core outside of Ertz worries me. Maclin doesn't seem ready to be a #1 guy at this point. I know this is the way Chip wants it. But it would go a long way to have a stud #1 WR on this team. Only play makers are Sproles and Shady. Foles has not looked good at all this season. If he's pressing or what he needs to get his shit straight.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given this is Maclins first few games back after his ACL tear, doesn't surprise that he's slow out of the gate.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that's why you shouldn't make him your #1 guy going into a season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that's why you shouldn't make him your #1 guy going into a season.

Don't disagree with you at all. DJax will be missed by y'all this year, no matter how some fans stubbornly say he won't be.

My preseason thoughts on the eagles had the WR corps as having some issues this year. But with Sproles, Shady and Ertz, y'all have some solid ballers.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz needs to be more involved in the offense.

Maclin is fine.

As I've said all along, Cooper sucks.

They need to fast track Matthews.

And can we please have a bigger back at times? Get Tucker in there.