• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My observations from yesterday's game

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly says LeSean McCoy ?took himself out? in fourth quarter | ProFootballTalk

This makes me wonder why we aren't seeing more of Sproles. And no, I don't think he came out because he was tired and being a "good" teammate, I think it was more along the lines of "we're not gonna get the 1st down so you go in so it doesn't look like I didn't get it".

I've thought for a bit now that maybe Shady is gettin a little jealous at how well Sproles has done here and Chip is afraid to set him "off" by taking him out for Sproles, giving him more touches.

Maybe this is the kind of thing that will get Chip to send a msg. to Shady that you can quit being a little bitch and play the game or you can sit the bench and we'll ride the guy who's gettin it done.

LeSean McCoy disputes claim he took himself out of game | ProFootballTalk

Hmmmmm

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Matt Ryan, and I'd be fine with that.

Its actually what Foles numbers project out to. In other words nothing near last year but still an average QB and certainly good enough to win it all.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told....Foles didnt look as good as his stats indicated last year. Everyone should be able to admit that. On the other hand...a guy like Russell Wilson is better than his stats indicate. Which is saying something.

All I want is Foles to be consistently good & not turn it over. That has NOT happened this year.

He has everything a QB could want imo..save a Megatron type & yet he still is inconsistent. McNabb had it way tougher.

So what happens if he is missing Maclin in the playoffs or Ertz or Shady? Can he then become consistent? Hard to reason he would.

Hopefully its just that he is young & feeling the pressure but it subsides. If not..he is what we see now. Which will be maddening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball is floating....I hate floating balls coming out of my Qb's hand. It's a recipe for Disaster. Saint Nicks gotta clean it up and fast.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball is floating....I hate floating balls coming out of my Qb's hand. It's a recipe for Disaster. Saint Nicks gotta clean it up and fast.

You make it sound like every pass is floating , some are no doubt,but there are throws like the one to Maclin out of the end zone last week had zip, the throw to Ertz he dropped at the goal line was money.

Watch every game and I know you do Wings and I respect our opinion but I think we all hang on every single throw and harp on the one throw that is bad vs the 15 that are good. Brady has his share of bad passes, Andrew luck does etc.

I think there is one other thing with Foles that has changed and maybe this is more of the issue. He has a new QB coach this year in Musgrave, I wonder if musgrave has Foles thinking too much out there, like get rid of the ball quickly etc. That could be an issue. Whatever it is Foles is on track for at least a league average year, I personally think he will rebound some of the passes that are being dropped in the end zone will get caught and Foles will be back to a top 12 QB by the end of the year. Which is where I thought he was all along.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question for you folks. How in the world is Kendricks still out with this calf injury? Im curious why this injury just seemed like a day to day issue and he would be back to business. However, it seems like he may miss more time? Is there more to this then what's being released?

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question for you folks. How in the world is Kendricks still out with this calf injury? Im curious why this injury just seemed like a day to day issue and he would be back to business. However, it seems like he may miss more time? Is there more to this then what's being released?

I was wondering the same thing this morning. He must have a muscle tear or something.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it sound like every pass is floating , some are no doubt,but there are throws like the one to Maclin out of the end zone last week had zip, the throw to Ertz he dropped at the goal line was money.

Watch every game and I know you do Wings and I respect our opinion but I think we all hang on every single throw and harp on the one throw that is bad vs the 15 that are good. Brady has his share of bad passes, Andrew luck does etc.

I think there is one other thing with Foles that has changed and maybe this is more of the issue. He has a new QB coach this year in Musgrave, I wonder if musgrave has Foles thinking too much out there, like get rid of the ball quickly etc. That could be an issue. Whatever it is Foles is on track for at least a league average year, I personally think he will rebound some of the passes that are being dropped in the end zone will get caught and Foles will be back to a top 12 QB by the end of the year. Which is where I thought he was all along.

I love Foles, he is a great kid, he has had some great games....Defensive Coordinators now have plenty of game tape on him so they know how to defense him. The Good Qb's know how deliver a good ball right into the teeth of a pass rush, I don't see that with Foles...YET. I hope we will very soon, but I have seen far too many wide open receivers missed,jump balls and floaters to my liking.