• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My new First round pick for Pats

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#29 Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State 6-1 237

Unofficial 4.36 at pro day
25 reps
42 vert
130 broad jump
6.91 3-cone
6.91 3 cone

A true every down linebacker and a difference maker. Combined with Jamie Collins, Mayo, and Hightower it gives us a elite set of lnebackers. Shazier can cover, tackle, hit. He is a perfect 4-3 linebacker for us and he can cover any tight end with his speed and he can cover any running back. Smooth hips and easy hip flip. Heck he could play safety with his size, speed, and agility.

My hidden gem and binkie in this draft.Okay I admit I am a Buckeye alum but this kid produced on the field and fits the fact BB wants speed and size. He could easily add 10 pounds of muscle but I like him as he is. Hard worker.

Alternative is Jace Amaro at TE

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
APPROVED .... hand in the Card to the Commissioner

2 for 2 .... Amaro would contribute immediately.

Shazier has some speed! Actually looks quicker than fast (Von Miller...ish?)

Kony Early would work also. Don't want the DT's projected around #29. (Dime a Dozen)
And it's lookin' like Bill is shopping for WR's in FA'cy so pass on a 1st rd WR
The DB corp is looking as strong as we've seen.

LB / DE w/ #1 and have Dante Schanecchia make one more pick w/ the 2nd rdr

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first in a linebacker who is nothing but depth and has little shot to become a starter any time soon?

Or a backup tight end?

I don't like either. A first rounder should be at a spot where they can at least develop into a starter.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first in a linebacker who is nothing but depth and has little shot to become a starter any time soon?

Or a backup tight end?

I don't like either. A first rounder should be at a spot where they can at least develop into a starter.

You damn well know any TE that is selected is going to be the "backup" in this offense.

Also with the loss of Fletcher, we need another Linebacker who can fill multiple roles.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. A backup at a position that is set for years to come is silly.

A tight end has no potential to start because of gronk. A linebacker has no potential to start unless we move back to a 3-4.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right JD .... the 1st and 2nd rdrs must start immediately

Upgrade at Long-Snapper and Blocking back !
You've ya got at those positions on your Board?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically said there needs to be a chance to develop into a starter in the relatively near future. Both those positions we could easily be set at for 10 years by extending guys on the roster. AKA no opportunity to start at all.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not a lot of positions where any drafted player will start for the Pats. The only place I can think of is Center and possibly DT but that assumes Vince leaves. There are not a lot of elite pass rushers in this draft which is where we could use help on the edge so IMHO you take the best available player.

Shazier is similar to Jamie Collins and adds speed and depth at linebacker where we are thin. Jace Amaro gives Pats the ability to play double TE combos where both are elite receivers similar to Hernandez and Gronk and adds insurance if Gronk goes down again.

Hageman from Minnesota the DT might be another choice but IMHO he will not be there and with Vince, Kelly, Jones, Saliga, Armstead we have depth there also. Right now there are not a lot of positions of need on this team.

I guess safety is the one position but are there any SS you like that will be available at #29 and are not a massive reach?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not immediately, but there are some where it's at least a possibility. TE and LB it's not.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a stud TE. Can't rely on Gronk to e healthy. Plus, Gronk and Amero (Incert TE) and we have that dynamic two TE offence again. A fast LB would be great. Speed kills! The Broncos didn't know what hit them.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jace Amaro is a Hernandez clone....I personally think he is more of a second round pick especially with the character concerns...but he wont make it to the Patriots 2nd round slot. We know how much success the Patriots had running 2 TE sets....I think taking a pass catching TE early is a must, just not sure Amaro is the guy.

Plus, the fact that Gronk hasnt been able to stay healthy in any of his 4 seasons and TE is a position of major need.

LB is certainly not a need but if you are going by the best player available philosophy....maybe.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk has been incapacitated by injuries in the past 3 post seasons.....great player when healthy, but to say the Patriots are set at TE is hogwash.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a pick at tight end has literally zero chance of beating gronk for the starting role is accurate.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a pick at tight end has literally zero chance of beating gronk for the starting role is accurate.

:laugh3: :lame:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fact. There isn't a tight end in this draft who can hold his dick. They are guaranteed to be a backup essential their whole career here.

That's not worth a first rounder.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gronk and Hernandez were both on the roster and healthy, they were on the field together 75% of the time. The Patriots gave Hernandez a large contract even though he was the 2nd string TE which goes to show you how much the Patriots value having 2 stud TE's. If the Patriots feel they can get a Hernandez caliber TE in the draft, they take him. Not worrying about the semantics of being 2nd on the depth chart.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gronk and Hernandez were both on the roster and healthy, they were on the field together 75% of the time. The Patriots gave Hernandez a large contract even though he was the 2nd string TE which goes to show you how much the Patriots value having 2 stud TE's. If the Patriots feel they can get a Hernandez caliber TE in the draft, they take him. Not worrying about the semantics of being 2nd on the depth chart.

Exactly. See, you get it. Maybe now that fool will also.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not with a first round pick they won't. It's not worth it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#29 Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State 6-1 237

Unofficial 4.36 at pro day
25 reps
42 vert
130 broad jump
6.91 3-cone
6.91 3 cone

A true every down linebacker and a difference maker. Combined with Jamie Collins, Mayo, and Hightower it gives us a elite set of lnebackers. Shazier can cover, tackle, hit. He is a perfect 4-3 linebacker for us and he can cover any tight end with his speed and he can cover any running back. Smooth hips and easy hip flip. Heck he could play safety with his size, speed, and agility.

My hidden gem and binkie in this draft.Okay I admit I am a Buckeye alum but this kid produced on the field and fits the fact BB wants speed and size. He could easily add 10 pounds of muscle but I like him as he is. Hard worker.

Alternative is Jace Amaro at TE

I don't know man I am all for releasing Wilfork signing Allen then taking best DT in round one.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with a first round pick they won't. It's not worth it.

Why not? If a talent falls to them (at any position) especially one of need, they should make the pick.

Remember they do hit just as much as other teams on draft picks, they just fail more, because they usually have more picks then anyone